Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Finally, next week I shall be doing Archaeology, pet battles and finish up all them treasures! Can't wait to finally fly in Spires of Arak!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hillybilly View Post
    Yeyyyy now places will look even more dead because no1 will be on the ground
    People still need to be grounded to finish objectives and kill shit, so no. This, along the other anti-flying arguments, has been debunked time and again.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2015-08-26 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    you really have been conditioned haven't you. Off you go little sheep, follow the flock, dont stray, dont question, just keep getting fleeced.
    His opinion doesn't align with my own! SHEEP! SHEEEEEP!

Grow up, people are allowed to have their own opinions. Calling someone a sheep doesn't make you look smart, or above them, or anything else but a pretentious git with nothing useful to say. Instead, why don't you try countering their point, or actually entering into discussion? I mean seriously, if we're going to call conditioning, the view that you believe anyone that agrees with Blizzard must be a sheep, shill(my favourite inane insult of the three) or fanboy is err....pretty up there.
    Last edited by elvor0; 2015-08-26 at 07:58 PM.

Only like 14% of players have earned the flying achievement. That's way lower than I expected. I had everything completed before the achievement even came out, easily, just from actually doing the content; the only thing missing was the new reps which took a couple weeks of dailies no problem. I don't really get the crybaby whining about how players have to DO the content in order to be able to fly around avoiding it on their alts. I mean, c'mon, just do it one time already; this is seriously not a big ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    you really have been conditioned haven't you. Off you go little sheep, follow the flock, dont stray, dont question, just keep getting fleeced.
    You do understand that this is an MMO where everything you do in one expansion is rendered almost completely moot by the next one? Like, all that gear you worked so hard to get, crafted item you spent gold on, enchants, gems, potions, etc, it's all pointless by the next expansion?

Flying is the same thing. It's always been gated behind a level cap and a gold sink. Always. No one is being "fleeced" by it since it costs you exactly zero real world dollars to get it. The only cost of it is game time. Game time you're already paying for because you're - presumably - doing things other than flying around all day. No grand conspiracy here, bud.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Only like 14% of players have earned the flying achievement. That's way lower than I expected. I had everything completed before the achievement even came out, easily, just from actually doing the content; the only thing missing was the new reps which took a couple weeks of dailies no problem. I don't really get the crybaby whining about how players have to DO the content in order to be able to fly around avoiding it on their alts. I mean, c'mon, just do it one time already; this is seriously not a big ask.
    People complaining is the minority, as always.

Maybe while there's 14% of players done with flying achievment, 50% of the rest are actually not even interested in it (as I am). I don't go out of my garrisson for anything but raiding, and the grind isn't worth the time I would save flying from Tanaan hub to HFC instance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    With account-wide achievement it would be easy to make elaborate attunement questlines which award an achievement at their completion, thus you would have to do the attunements once, but would not need to do the same chores on your alts. Problem solved. The same thing we now have with flying. I only wish they would exclude treasure hunter from the requirements, I feel bitter to have to collect things which are part of the reasons we have flying removed. It's artificial inflation of content popularity.

Anyway, the achievement in Legion should be available at launch already. Especially if they once again tie reputations into it, then only few people would have flying in the first weeks of the expansion.
    That means

Killing LFR Archimonde even though he doesn't drop the Fel's was counting towards the 1 a week chance at the Fel's

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    but these very same pvpers had to do pve content to get to max level
    Did Blizzard take away leveling through PvP? I don't really do PvP these days, so I wouldn't know. If they didn't, then I'd say that statement is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Why don't you quit the game you obviously hate so much, then?
    This has ceased to become an empty threat/dare. People actually ARE quitting the game. In fact, a majority of the players have quit the game (down from over 12 million to just over 5 million in 6 months). That might not concern you, but it should. The important part of an MMOG is the MM part. When you cease to have the MM part you will eventually cease to have the OG part.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFreeman View Post
    Even though I'm really looking forward to flying on September 1st I secretly hope that it's delayed another week just to see the internet explode and the epic river of crying and tears over it being delayed. I will literally make a huge bowl of popcorn and take off work to see that. It's more entertaining than the game itself these days.
    I'm unsubbed. I have been for a while, though my time only recently ran out thanks to gold-purchased tokens. I've been playing other things and enjoying them, so I'm kinda hoping for the same-- only because I'm enjoying these other games so darn much and I want to wait a few more weeks before coming back to WoW. I said I'd resub for a month or two after flying was brought back to level alts, max archaeology, play through LFR HFC, etc. I still intend to do that, but I'm going to keep enjoying the heck out of my month of FF XIV first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    People complaining is the minority, as always.

Maybe while there's 14% of players done with flying achievment, 50% of the rest are actually not even interested in it (as I am).
    To be fair, most of the players (about 54%-ish) quit the game before bothering with it, so it's hard to tell. All we can gauge is that a majority of the players (yes, a majority) were not happy with the game. We also know that enough were unhappy enough that no flying was a last straw, and enough people unsubbed after Ion's statements that they backpedaled on it pretty darn quick. I've personally done the achievement, but only because I still had time remaining on my account after I unsubbed. I wouldn't have resubbed just to do the achievement when I could just as easily do it after flying is added.

Personally, I have no issue with the treasure/questing/exploration achievements. It's been suggested by folks for a while now well before Blizzard suggested it, and it gives some credence to Blizzard saying they want us to explore the world from the ground first. The only one I really don't get is the rep requirement, as it has very little to do with exploration and just an excuse to get people to do those horrible apexis dailies. I seriously miss having actual dailies. Heck, I even miss the MoP dailies gating in comparison to this.

I miss the tabards and JP system of Wrath and Cata. It gave people a reason to go into dungeons. I'd know people griped about "welfare epics" and all, but it worked okay in TBC and Wrath, and it definitely worked better than what we have now. I wouldn't mind seeing that resurrected in some way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShobuBlaze View Post
    "The game is too easy, everything is just getting handed out!"

"Why do I have to work for something like flying?! I should just be able to buy it!"

It's an endless loop.
    Maybe it's not the same group of people complaining. Never forget that a displeased minority will rant and make themselves heard and "pretend" they're the vast majority.

Sort of incredible the lengths CMs will go to argue against there being options in the game

Options the game actually had when it was universally beloved.

The flying meta should really have just been the loremaster questlines. Those are worth doing and fit most of that bullshit Blizz was trying to sell back in the beginning of the expac about 'immersion' and 'doing content as intended.' If they wanted us to do the 6.2 zone too then Blizz should have sucked it up and put a proper quest line in there. Asking us to 'play through the story' doesn't feel like Blizz being unreasonable.

One of the things lost in the 'OMG only 14% cared enough to get flying meta!!' was that 50% of the players have done Loremaster of Draenor.. but Blizz tacked on a bunch of garbage: tedious rep grinds and freaking apexis dailies. Content that no one wants, but we need because Blizz can barely churn out those in a timely fashion, let alone proper full-fledged quest hubs. But tying access to flying to the content that is only slightly bearable WITH flying means that by the time we actually unlock flight we won't want to do that content ever again... So adding flying in this fashion doesn't actually make things all that better for the players and makes Blizz come across as kind of spiteful.

Are any of these whiners that can't even do 3 dailies for while... that have been around for MONTHS... are they aware that you can BUY the damn rep in the auctionhouse? Just saying. There are so many who don't give a damn or don't need the items or can use the gold for better stuff... Just buy the rep tokens! If you have the 20 bucks spare and it's worth that much to you (since the whiners seem to always own several store mounts): Get the gold and buy the rep.

It'S the lame way that should never have been implemented, because a game is SUPPOSED to challenge you. Having the players being confronted with the content of the world of warcraft ist totally FINE. The whole "give stuff the easy way" and "content must be accessible" and "no one should feel forced to do anything"... yeah... not reasonable if you are actually participating or designing a game. Because a game that just lets you win all the time... yeah... not much of a game. Maybe for little overpampered 7 yo kids that won't sleep well, if they ever lost a game...

Horde

Quote Originally Posted by thorvath View Post
    The flying meta should really have just been the loremaster questlines. Those are worth doing and fit most of that bullshit Blizz was trying to sell back in the beginning of the expac about 'immersion' and 'doing content as intended.' If they wanted us to do the 6.2 zone too then Blizz should have sucked it up and put a proper quest line in there. Asking us to 'play through the story' doesn't feel like Blizz being unreasonable.
    That Blizz wanted us to 'play through the story' is precisely what they want you to do, though. They stated outright that they removed flying because they wanted players to be immersed in the world and not have the ability to skip areas and objectives that they may otherwise miss if they weren't on the ground.

Making the 6.2 content part of the flying meta makes complete sense in that context. Imagine the rare spawns, the hidden apexis crystal deposits, the treasures, and bonus areas that you'd skip over if you had flying and could just go to do your quest objectives and be done with it.

I'm a supporter of having flying back for convenience and quality of life considerations. I'm also a huge supporter of having to finish the world content for the expansion to have it unlocked. "Here, you've done everything we've wanted you to do, you've seen everything we wanted you to see, enjoy the convenience of flying."
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

As a pvp affliction lock the dot nerfs were definitely justified, just shouldn't be doing 20mil+ damage in a BG while still wearing 8 honor pieces...or 2mil in arena within a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Making the 6.2 content part of the flying meta makes complete sense in that context. Imagine the rare spawns, the hidden apexis crystal deposits, the treasures, and bonus areas that you'd skip over if you had flying and could just go to do your quest objectives and be done with it.
    Except that the only 6.2 content they added to the meta is.... a rep grind.

Doing the 6.2 quests one time and it being part of the meta... okay.

Doing it for weeks on end, is not "playing through the story" its bashing your forehead into the story over and over and over again.

I did all the achievements but the rep. I did a single run through of tanaan/6.2 content... but I'll be fucked if I'm going to do a rep grind for something I could buy for gold in a previous expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    That Blizz wanted us to 'play through the story' is precisely what they want you to do, though. They stated outright that they removed flying because they wanted players to be immersed in the world and not have the ability to skip areas and objectives that they may otherwise miss if they weren't on the ground.

I'm a supporter of having flying back for convenience and quality of life considerations. I'm also a huge supporter of having to finish the world content for the expansion to have it unlocked. "Here, you've done everything we've wanted you to do, you've seen everything we wanted you to see, enjoy the convenience of flying."
    Here's the thing: the 6.2 stuff isn't stuff anyone wants. It's stuff that we begrudgingly accept as a compromise due to the fact that Blizz is too busy spending sub fees on other games to actually deliver proper questlines outside of the expac launch.

Blizz can 'want' us to see all that non-content in the longest, most dragged out manner possible... but I think WoD has proven that the grindfests of 2004 are just barely tolerated in 2015. The majority of people will say 'screw that' and not even bother. In agreeing to bring back flight Blizz had a chance to appeal to those players who looked at an apexis daily and say 'I'd do it if I could fly.' Then they completely missed the point by trying to force the unpopular crap down our throats anyway.

'Here, you've done everything, now you can fly' isn't a compromise, it's a passive-aggressive 'eff you for making us bring flying back!'

Deleted
    lmao, 99% of every top team plays human because of racial, answer: nerf best horde racials.... . what?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalleas View Post
    lmao, 99% of every top team plays human because of racial, answer: nerf best horde racials.... . what?
    How is reducing the CD from 120 seconds to 90 seconds a nerf ? Please, enlighten us.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    CM_Lore answers were quite... unpolite and disrespectful, IMO.
    But I get the fact there is a bunch of lazy people that wants to click something and have everything. And truly believe that is the fun part of the game.

You could even end up with enough (or close) apexis to buy a mount if you get the achieve.
    A bit late to this, but I just resubbed and was reading up on stuff.

My main issue with what CM_Lore was saying is his tone, and the fact that he keeps trying to brush it off as "Oh just go run a few dailies for a few days". It's not the worst rep grind in the game, whoever thinks that hasn't tried to get a nether drake or played Vanilla. But it's NOT just "Oh herpdeder I'm going to go bash out some dailies in 5 minutes" - it's like 19 days of dailies unless you buy the tokens (which on my server would take almost 400k)

Honestly to a degree, I agree with the guy complaining about the rep grind. I don't feel the same extreme he does, and I don't think they should incorporate some PVP element/alternative to it, but what they intended was for us to "experience" content, and it isn't doing that - it's just a grind with artificial progress barriers. No one is experiencing crap, most people are just rushing through it with addons pointing the way to everything. It's literally just tedious busywork. Earning anything? You're not earning anything, you're just going through the paces - that's it. It's not hard, it's not horrible to have to do some work to get something, but to say this is earning anything is a joke.

Also, there's a big difference between wanting to click once to get everything, and wanting an alternative to the crap daily system they've had in place since the beginning.