Poll: Which do you agree with most

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Since people still struggle to understand what #blacklivesmatter means, and why it's not #alllivesmatter:

https://www.reddit.com/comments/3du1qm/
    That explains it perfectly. Too bad thats way too many words for most people to read.

Whose life matters: Ordered in terms of importance to the individual.

1. Mine
    2. People I know and like.
    3. People I know and do not like.
    4. People I do not know but I am aware of.
    5. People I do not know and am not aware of.

Whether you know it or not, we all engage in assigning importance to another person based upon how close they are in relation to the self. You are the most important person to you; followed by friends and family, then acquaintances, then strangers you can hear or see, with far away strangers whom you've never heard about taking last place.

Though in the broad scheme of things, each and every one of our lives is equally worthless; possessing only extrinsic value arbitrarily placed upon us by other humans.
    ~RAWR!

#Innocent Lives Matter

#SomeLivesMatter
    Some people are assholes and didn't deserve life.
    [Dylan Roof]
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly feel like #Blacklivesdon'tmatter might have been a better slogan. Saying that people don't care about their lives, that people don't care if they live or die is much stronger. Then it basically pulls them away from the whole "don't other people lives matter too?" and separates the issue.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Cat lifes matter, dogs not so much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tram View Post
    Cat lifes matter, dogs not so much.
    Grass lives don't matter.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

"And you? How shall I measure the worth of your existence?" - Boethiah.

Just the first thing that came to mind.

Deleted
    The question imo is if lives matter just because people claim they do.

If people don't care about a certain group of people, appearently their lives don't matter (to them).

Deleted
    No life really. In the end nobody would give a shit aside from my family if I died from an assault on the street.

Unless it's something to push personal agenda's it wouldn't even hit the news.

All life matters, but some have more worth than others.

Save a scientist or save a celebrity, id pick the scientist any day.
    Save a cop or save a dude who just stole a store? id save the cop.
    In an ideal world all would have the same worth, but they dont atm.

"Alllivesmatter"/Xlivesmatter counters miss the point of #blacklivesmatter as a movement. It is not a rational counter argument or an informed response.

If asking the question in a general existential sense somewhat divorced of social constructs; nothing has inherent value. Ideas are given value by individuals. Which is neither consistent, universal or objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    "Alllivesmatter"/Xlivesmatter counters miss the point of #blacklivesmatter as a movement. It is not a rational counter argument or an informed response.

If asking the question in a general existential sense somewhat divorced of social constructs; nothing has inherent value. Ideas are given value by individuals. Which is neither consistent, universal or objective.
    Then what are they doing as a community to make sure it matters,instead if just hashtagging?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.