Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Its also a reward that directly affects your traveling path to raids. It's also a reward which lets you use hundreds of flying mounts you either got from raids or even PVP.

As i said, mounts and conveniences could be rewards from any kind of gameplay.
    It's 5 minutes from your Garrison - Ashran - Portal to Vol'mar - 1-2 minute walk to HFC itself.
    Christ, you're the kind of player that AFKs for 10 minutes while the rest of the raid clears trash and calls for a summon although you could've been there and cleared in the time it takes to walk. You could circumvent the path to BRF by taking the mole machine in your garrison too and take a 3 minute flightpath.

You can use your flying mounts without pathfinder, but on the ground. I'd agree if it was back in MoP and almost all flying mounts had no ground animations.

For raiders, there is absolutely no need for flying. The shitty players who always calls for summon and refuse to go to the entrance still won't be going to the entrance, flying or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    But mummy I want it now!

Heres the problem though, WoD had almost 0 outdoor content. 1.5 patches in total with a few remotely useful items, more garbage shoved at you than any expansion, longer delayed patches and while all that really sucks u know whats even worse? You still cant fly in it. hahahahaha

see my point? even when theres no outdoor content, nothing to fly to besides raids, no point in even bothering but hey, atleast u could be flying around when your bored. now you cant.

its a deeper symptom of having nothing outdoor to do, but it sucks being grounded.

I wish MMOC had a feature that required posters to define words before they post them. You don't know what arrogance is. His question is valid. If you're always in instanced zones, why would flying matter? If you're not always in instanced zones, you can do the achievement fairly easily.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    But mummy I want it now!
    Keep paying, and we'll see.

I don't see any arrogance in Lore's post. He's blunt a few times, but there's no arrogance there. It makes sense to have to do content related to flying to unlock/earn flying, just like you earn PvP gear by doing PvP, and earn PvE gear by doing PvE stuff. He's pretty much spot-on in basically everything he said there.

"But I really really really don't like dailies." Well, that's your problem. I find some PvP weapons are really awesome for transmog, but I absolutely despise, I loathe doing PvP. Should then Blizzard make those weapons available to me through another venue that is not PvP-related, then? Or I'm a PvP'er that really dislikes doing PvE raiding, but damn, Blackhand's 2H hammer looks sick, I want that for transmog! Blizzard, make that weapon available through some other non-PvE way!

You don't even need to grind the reputations to exalted. Just reaching Revered (which is really 50% of the total amount you need to reach Exalted).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMagicMan View Post
    For raiders, there is absolutely no need for flying. The shitty players who always calls for summon and refuse to go to the entrance still won't be going to the entrance, flying or not.
    Flying is a convenience. You never "need" conveniences. They just make life more easy and enjoyable.

Its about the freedom to go wherever you like as fast as possible. And you can use that both on getting to a raid or for getting to world pvp locations.

Deleted
    Goes to show what a bunch of pussies the remaining player base is if you're offended by those tweets. Grow a pair. He has numerous perfectly valid points and all I see from the other tweeter is "But it wasn't like this 5 years ago" and "But I don't want to do that content". The game's moved on from your beloved Wrath of the Kiddies King. Get with the times and either do your dailies and fly or don't.
    Last edited by mmocc85087d34c; 2015-08-26 at 06:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    He is by far the most hostile blue poster I have seen
    Can you point to a single sentence from Lore that was hostile in this entire twitter conversation? I don't see one.

I mean, he's not licking the balls of everyone on twitter like most terrible do-nothing CMs and community folks do, and that's the primary reason I like Lore. He can go into actual discussions instead of just firing off copy/paste answers and pandering to the fanboy crowd. Ghostcrawler used to do this, and I LOVED that about him, even if a lot of his ideas and views on subjects were opposed to my own.

People need to stop getting so butthurt every time a CM doesn't lick boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    I wish MMOC had a feature that required posters to define words before they post them. You don't know what arrogance is. His question is valid. If you're always in instanced zones, why would flying matter? If you're not always in instanced zones, you can do the achievement fairly easily.
    I agree with you, but I think its more a cultural problem nowdays than everything. You have to be handed over rewards for no effort. Remember that time when your grades were bad at school and the teachers called your parents and then they were like super mad at you for not trying to improve and get better? Now you go bad in school you call your parents to tell the teacher to fuck off and not bully their little kids?

Its the same thing. You dont want to improve, you dont want to earn. You just want it. Right,fucking,now.
    "whoa this encounter is hard, i must improve myselft to beat it" turns to "whoa this shit is hard, fucking company doesnt listen to players i want the boss ded naoooo *whine whine*"
    Last edited by Musta; 2015-08-26 at 06:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Any mount that was ever on a rep vendor, any epic armour or weapon gated behind exhalted rep etc...
    But you also could make reputation available from many sources. So people could chose what they would like to play.

Currently its obvious blizzard wants people to play tanaan. And as they dont manage to get people there with intrinsic fun, they have to actually gate flying behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Hes not arrogant, hes passing a much needed reality check on stupid players.
    I concur wholeheartedly

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree with all of his points, but his basic message is absolutely correct and people are getting butthurt over nothing.

Oh no, you have to do a few dailies to unlock flying. Regardless of your progress towards the achievment, it shouldn't take you more than 2 weeks to get if you're already max level. Asking you to do quests to unlock something that is clearly not mandatory is by no means unreasonable. If you think it is all I have to say is welcome to MMORPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by nexellent View Post
    or he has a point, flying does not matter, at all.
    oh look

an opinion

7+ Year Old Account
    Who needs flying when all you do is play the Garrison facebook game and rage about WoD on a forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    If you think it is all I have to say is welcome to MMORPGs.
    Imagine the fun of taking these people back to TBC.

"I have to do WHAT to get into Black Temple?"
    Last edited by Sir Andy; 2015-08-26 at 06:55 AM.

Blizzard simply taken all kinds of content, they don't us flying in, and mixed them into one pile. They don't care, if we like it or not - they don't want us to fly in actual content anyway. And they also don't care about obsolete content. It's just handout and we should be thankful for it.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    It seems Blizzard stopped being polite. That's novel from them. Did someone leave that was holding the leash?

Lore isn't a bad guy. He is doing his job. That is pretty much to pass Blizzards line to the people and take all the shit for it. Which he is doing well according to this thread. Plus we all know that the whole flying this was simply a cave in to a vocal minority. Blizzard caved to silence this minority. Eventually, as they are learning now, this minority cannot be silenced because no matter what happens or when it happens they will always find something new to bitch about. It is a culture of bitching. It isn't something being done right or wrong. Just the simple need to bitch and earn forum e-fame by getting other annoying/bitching people to agree with them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why can people just see it from a story point of view.
    In WoD you come to a new land and time zone, you do not know what the winds will be like for your flying mounts. You must "acclimate" them by meeting certain criteria so they "learn" to fly in the new lands.
    Same can be said for Legion, who knows what has been thrown into the air that effects your flying mounts. Work your way through it and teach them to fly in the changed atmosphere.
    Current Rig
    Intel i5 3570K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | R9 390 8GB | G.Skill 16GB | Intel 520 Series 180GB | 8TB in HDDs
    Seasonic X-760 760W | 27" U2711 Dell | Corsair 600T | Logitech Z506 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    If you think it is all I have to say is welcome to MMORPGs.[/B]
    You have to tell me how "It's a MMORPG" and "It has to force people into special components" intersects which each other.