Page 98 of 108 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    I hate dailies.
    Well, I guess there's some common ground.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariktu View Post
    I am just surprised that Blizzard cares what customers want to do with Flight.

The Blizzard Devs wanted to keep flight out of the game and it seems they still are not happy that they have to add it.

I would just revert back to the model that has worked so well since BC. Hit max level then buy flight for gold.

Why spend time and effort fighting over meta achievements and if they are fair.

Just move on and make content people want to play and worry less about why someone who is paying you to play wants to use flying and if they saw the content first or not.

Who cares if they saw the content. They are paying you money and that is good enough to let them fly in a game that is allowing flight.
    The developers vanity and ego cares a lot sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Well, I guess there's some common ground.
    Well, no not really, you want dailies just the old way.............I hate them in general, doing the same quests over and over is boring as hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emosaur View Post
    The developers vanity and ego cares a lot sadly.
    Irony at it's finest, a player talking about the devs vanity and ego LMAO
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    LMAO flying is seen as a freedom? wtf do you think Azeroth is real place and it has freedoms and rights? LMAO
    Yo, Seefer I suggest you read my Google+ page, for any answers you're seeking.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say that I want dailys, but they're not anything I would have complained about. I just like the old way better. The new ones put me to sleep. I would very much prefer to grind mobs or run dungeons and raids for rep. It would be a better game if they gave us some choices. I don't think my way or the highway game design has been working very well.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2015-08-29 at 03:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Yo, Seefer I suggest you read my Google+ page, for any answers you're seeking.
    Nah I would rather you tell me how in a game you have rights and freedoms, especially regarding a feature.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah I would rather you tell me how in a game you have rights and freedoms, especially regarding a feature.
    Your loss.

Some here will find it very amusing as well.

...Hehehehe...
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Your loss.

Some here will find it very amusing as well.

...Hehehehe...
    I mean if you are talking about the asshole song? Well, yeah I am an asshole but I don't cry to moderators on here nor do I see what that has to do with you thinking you have rights and freedoms in a fictional world, all the rest of the stuff I see is political.

Wait until you ask in game, it comes from the trenches, and not a tiny minority.

Some views on the forums are very self-serving, the reaction about flying came from all corners and they want it.
    Everyone I've seen cry about flight in game gets laughed out of chat by the players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Everyone I've seen cry about flight in game gets laughed out of chat by the players.
    Everyone is not possible, as you can't even be online 24/7. ^-^

10+ Year Old Account
    Like your staged screen shots in the other thread? Still can't stand that you and the developers lost this fight can you?

The anti-flight confederacy will rise again!!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy molly 102 pages. What the hell.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like your staged screen shots in the other thread?
    Oh is that the hamster kid? Hah
    No wonder he's so salty now.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

If the content was fun. I'd do it. I tried to do the apexis dailys for the "securing draenor" achievement. I fell asleep. It's not fun. Gating flying behind it doesn't make it more fun. Games are not jobs. I have a job.
    So what? I have a job too. Your argument was that the content is bad because it's not fun, and that gating flying is because it's not fun. That argument is incorrect. If you want the reward, you have to put forth the effort to obtain it. If you don't want to put forth the effort to get the reward, that's your choice. But it doesn't make the effort a bad effort just because you don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by tclphz View Post
    Why do you specifically need flying?
    I love this argument.

Along those lines...

Why do you need to raid, pvp, play WoW?

/rolls_eyes

Not true, those fill up the bar dailys just put me to sleep. Horrible content, even if they're the same thing structured differently. The worst thing about them is that they keep everyone crowded into a small area. Not sure how busy your server is, but mine is busting at the seams. I really hope they do away with them in the next expansion.
    What was different about the old dailies, then? In BC, you had to do things like the bombing run in Og'rila. That was just "bomb x many guys, and x many of this, and x many of that". The Quel'Danis dailies were "go kill x number of these guys, and turn in x number of crystals". Wrath's dailies, Cata's dailies, MoPs dailies... All the same thing. All you're doing is filling up a bar. The difference is, you never saw the bar.

And it's funny how much the community has changed since Vanilla. Those of us who were there for the AQ war effort stuff didn't have this attitude. We went and did them. And there was a whole raid zone gated behind that, not something as trivial and meaningless as flight. You couldn't open AQ without filling the war effort quest bar. And that literally was "go get x number of this stuff and bring it back to Ironforge/wherever the Horde one was". And we enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    So what? I have a job too. Your argument was that the content is bad because it's not fun, and that gating flying is because it's not fun. That argument is incorrect. If you want the reward, you have to put forth the effort to obtain it. If you don't want to put forth the effort to get the reward, that's your choice. But it doesn't make the effort a bad effort just because you don't like it.
    Nah, it is a totally blinkered on view on how to get flying. Flying is meant to be a fun thing, why make the means to obtain it unfun for some of your players? Why put it behind rep grinds that your pvp players dont care about, why put it behind treasure hunting that your raiders dont care about, why not make the fun elements of your game more accessible to all, and make fun ways of obtaining the fun things for all different game modes? Not many people have a problem earning flight, but at least make it relevant to their style of gameplay. 100 bg and/or arena wins for example, 50 raid boss kills, 30k gold, pathfinder and whatever other methods should all be valid.
    Why does it matter how the player unlocks flying if they have fun doing it?

This is just a continuation of Blizz defining what is fun.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Those of us who were there for the AQ war effort stuff didn't have this attitude. We went and did them.
    Because there was little else to do, and was the content!

Now we have everything from pet battles to even an extensive Dark Moon Faire. Everything has be supersized or expanded, to where keeping up with it would now take specialization.

When did a game become like medicine of 4 years of college; 4 years of med school; and 4 years of residency just to practice?

I wonder what the ratio is, of people who are calling Lore "arrogant" and claiming his logic is crap yet tell people who prefer no flying for a while to "just don't fly", compared to those who only say one or the other of those statements because can see the hypocrisy of saying both?

Lore said something incredibly stupid and deliberately misleading.

This is not new, exciting or surprising. Blizzard prides itself, it seems, on being assholes to their customers. You'd think losing half their players in six months would be a wake up call to stop being assholes.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games