10+ Year Old Account

Shipyard Decisions

I'm getting to a point where I'd like to keep doing the shipyard, but the whole losing ships on a 96% quest, and having to constantly swap gear to ensure I get 100% is getting to be a hassle. I have two choices, really.

1) Follow This Guide which appears to be the best combination of ships possible, and to just use my 'extra' ship to swap around gear if needed

2) Outfit everything with Unsinkable, I'll fail missions, but not have to care if I do since I won't lose them.

Is there another combination I should go with? I'd like to get a certain set of ships and just do naval missions from my garrison and not have to do the trip back and forth constantly.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    I used Icey-Veins guide and had no issues almost near the Captain title most of my crews are human and panda's couple of night elf to make quests shorter i added a mage tower so i could get the token that lets auto finish garrison or shipyard missions handy for those 18hr missions.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what guide you're referring to, unless you mean this: http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/garriso...complete-guide which is pretty useless. It just details what everything does.

I don't really care about shortening missions, or the achieve (nearly have it already anyway)

I just want to determine what is the easiest way to get the best success ratio vs having to visit the shipyard
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Got nothing for you other than I think they improved chances of 90%+ not failing about a month after shipyards released. This is based solely on the small sample size of my experience, prior to that failed 90%+, since then I haven't failed one.

So I send if over 90%, otherwise just let the ones under that rot, not wasting garrison resources to clear a lousy mission from board. I did use garrison resources to clear the legendary ring missions and if a rare mission spawns I can improve I will use garrison resources as I want those items and the achieve.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I can only seem to get worgen and dwarf crews, it sucks.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    Got nothing for you other than I think they improved chances of 90%+ not failing about a month after shipyards released. This is based solely on the small sample size of my experience, prior to that failed 90%+, since then I haven't failed one.
    I'm not aware of any 'improvement', nor am I aware of any increased chance to fail. Back in beta someone tested a few thousand missions, and they all came back the rate they showed.

That said, I recently lost my Murloc Destroyer (Brglrlgrg III or whatever) to a 96% mission. RNG is RNG and I'm just tired of dealing with having to build ships over and over and over and over and over again.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Try Wowhead's Guide to Shipyards. On the first page comments there are at least two posts suggesting some ship combos.

I failed on an 89% mission and neither ship was destroyed. I felt I spent my entire RNG luck pool in one huge orgasm, haven't done sub 100% missions since.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I failed on an 89% mission and neither ship was destroyed. I felt I spent my entire RNG luck pool in one huge orgasm, haven't done sub 100% missions since.
    Frankly, I'm just doing missions over 80% regardless anymore. Half the time I fail, neither of the ships get destroyed and I can just do the mission again. And when they do get destroyed, well, the hotfix that made the Level 3 shipyard always produce blue ships with a chance at epics makes it easier to get back up and running.

I only swap parts when I have a rare mission or something like the Raid one, because I really want to get those done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post

So I send if over 90%, otherwise just let the ones under that rot, not wasting garrison resources to clear a lousy mission from board. I did use garrison resources to clear the legendary ring missions and if a rare mission spawns I can improve I will use garrison resources as I want those items and the achieve.
    How do you improve the fail chance of 94% success chance mission without changing the success chance? :s