Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Furnace
    Bracers of the First Men
    Convention of Elements

I was critting a rift 50 boss for 14billion back to back last night. Killed him in a few seconds lol.
    Only works if you have a gavel of judgement and i have an amazingly rolled ancient one.

Well, competition in seasons is skewed, but at least it's better now than in D2 where most "winners" were bots because of non-stop farming.

Solo players are skewed because dream teams can consistently farm highr GR levels due to various factors, and thus leveling both paragon and legendary gems much faster and at higher levels - something a solo player cannot achieve even being online 24h/day. The multipliers are really that high (counting all, people managed to get to 18x XP bonuses compared to solo).

Fact is that these guys then can go in solo GRifts and have an "unfair advantage" compared to people who actually played solo all season meaning thet can dominate the leaderboards.

Even if people actually competing seriously on leaderboards is a very limited number, many solo players are pissed off by this for a reason. Tbh, i don't even think they can balance/fix this since party synergy is not something one can really balance out.

For the sake of pure competition and nothing else, imho one simply has to decide at character creation or at some point if his char needs to be flagged as solo or group to get in the corresponding leaderboards. One can roll another char if he wants to compete in multiple ladders.

Just brain stuf thrown out however.

Back on topic: managed to get the cube yesterday, played with wizard - DelRasha build.
    Cubed Furnace, Primus Crown, Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac.

Have fun
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Was Diablo 2 a bad game and I just missed the memo?
    The idea of throwaway characters is asinine; Diablo 2 was an amazing game despite that shitty feature, not because of it.

There's a plethora of ways to incorporate old characters into the game so that they don't end up gathering dust and being useless. Ways that would also ensure that people play the entire season, instead of just quitting after they've done everything they need on their characters, because why continue; it'll be useless anyway in a week or two towards the end of the season.

There's no "heritage" or "family tree" system giving some kind of buffs, skills, talents, or something, no old characters as some kind of summonable help with a long cooldown, or single player companions choices, or extra bosses akin to rogue exiles from PoE, no system to migrate their gear to the new characters in some fashion, or any other of several different ways to incorporate the work and hours you put into the game, so that it carries over to the following seasons. Absolutely no reason not to delete them to free up character slots.

And yes yes, if the heritage characters gave buffs to new seasonal characters, then obviously you'd have to have a separate tick/choice for ladder/leaderboard characters and other characters. I for one don't give two shits for the asinine leaderboards where you need to run with 3 other people 24/7 even if you'd only be going for solo leaderboards, so I would obviously leave the "leaderboard character" -tick unticked. Have leaderboard and nonleaderboard characters for seasons, those obviously couldn't mix, and the nonleaderboard characters could get the benefits from their old characters somehow.

I mean jesus christ I can think up this shit all day long, and I'm hopefully a complete moron ideawise when it comes to Blizzard's developers. But no, they've just went the simple and easy way of "You like to play seasons? You liked your old characters? Well fuck you. We don't care. Delete them and make new ones. Because fuck you."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    The idea of throwaway characters is asinine; Diablo 2 was an amazing game despite that shitty feature, not because of it.

There's a plethora of ways to incorporate old characters into the game so that they don't end up gathering dust and being useless. Ways that would also ensure that people play the entire season, instead of just quitting after they've done everything they need on their characters, because why continue; it'll be useless anyway in a week or two towards the end of the season.
    [...]
    Since the removal of skill trees you don't need more than 1 character /class to play all builds. The only difference between two characters are the items. You can bank those. So for what do you want to keep characters?

And in terms of leaderboards -on timer would be more game changing than group/solo. Meaning you get x hours playtime and rank on what you archieved in those x hours. Making it about who sacrifices the most hours to win is not really enticing.
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2015-08-27 at 01:55 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So how does this cube thing work...you just store any 3 affixes from other items and what, pop them on other items or they are just stored in the cube? Do you constantly replace the 3 or do you build a list that you can pick from?
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    So how does this cube thing work...you just store any 3 affixes from other items and what, pop them on other items or they are just stored in the cube? Do you constantly replace the 3 or do you build a list that you can pick from?
    You store affixes in the cube by dropping the legendary and "disenchanting it" with the cube.

Then all stored powers will be in a list you can pick from (you will see only items your char can equip e.g. no fist weapons on non-monks). You choose 3 of them (1 weapon/offhand, 1 armor 1 jewelry type) and they're always passively active on your character.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    You store affixes in the cube by dropping the legendary and "disenchanting it" with the cube.

Then all stored powers will be in a list you can pick from (you will see only items your char can equip e.g. no fist weapons on non-monks). You choose 3 of them (1 weapon/offhand, 1 armor 1 jewelry type) and they're always passively active on your character.
    That is simply amazing. What an awesome feature.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Furnace, crown, RoRG.

Are there any other meta choices than that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to test it out I started with Calamity/Garwulf/RROG.

I never thought I'd see the day that I would be able to use T&T, garwulf, and the full maur set all at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Furnace, crown, RoRG.

Are there any other meta choices than that?
    Yes. Some setups don't need RoRG, not everyone needs furnace and there are a lot of better armor affixes for many builds.

Thunderfury, Cindercoat, CoE. Running strafe+rov natalya. stuff just melts away on it's wake
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    So for what do you want to keep characters?
    Exactly. Why save characters? Why play seasonal characters after you've already done the conquests? Anything and everything you find is going to be useless. It doesn't mean anything. It's a complete waste of time as there's nothing permanent being built. I mean, sure, I guess if just playing for the fun of it is fun for you then why not. Then why even have hard-to-get drops in the game, anyway, when none of the drops matter? Just get the conquests done and that's it. If you can't get them otherwise then just leech off of random 3 people.

Whatever. This isn't about the cube so that's my final post on it in this thread.

Talrasha Wizard running with Serpent Sparker, Leoric's Crown, and Convention of Elements.

The Wizard was just an alt so I never got a 'good' Serpent Sparker so I just cubed my shitty one and put on a decent 1hander.
    The Leroic's Crown gives me really good HP with my stam gem, feeling tankier than my Crusader almost, haha.
    The Convention of Elements is a god damn beast for this build so sad that I could never run it because Focus/Restraint.

Haven't really toyed around too much with anything else.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Exactly. Why save characters? Why play seasonal characters after you've already done the conquests? Anything and everything you find is going to be useless. It doesn't mean anything. It's a complete waste of time as there's nothing permanent being built. .
    Nothing is permanent. What you are trying to do is extend it's time a little but everything you archieve in a game is meaningless once you stop playing which will happen at some point either way. The conclusion is simple: Either you enjoy it and play cause you enjoy it or you should quit and find something better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    Thunderfury, Cindercoat, CoE. Running strafe+rov natalya. stuff just melts away on it's wake
    Cindercoat from cube is kinda pointless for nats since the resource cost reduction is useless if you stutterstep properly. Crown or the new bracelet power would be better imo.

Wand of Woh, Crown of the Primus and RoRG atm for wiz.
    Last edited by Mellomania; 2015-08-27 at 10:19 PM.

My R6 monk is the only one I've really played around with, but ATM I'm using Furnace, Leoric's Crown for more CD reduction, and Stone of Elements for a crapload of extra damage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Furnace, Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan, Unity (WW Barb)

15+ Year Old Account
    I am only playing seasons so I havnt put anything in the cube yet.

I am planning to play Monk and have:

Flow of eternity
    Gungdo gear or Spirit guards
    Broken promises

same as AYGAR for now!