Thread: Patch 2.3 live

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Patch 2.3 live

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/1985...live-8-25-2015

In the U.S. at least.

So far, I think I'm liking this patch more than any others. Bounties are relevant again. The legendary items that come out of caches still suck though. So all those glowing brown lights that come when you open them aren't nearly as exciting as others. My monk is better now, but I'm a little confused. Is the idea of Shenlong's to keep yourself at high spirit without capping? It's extremely hard to do so. I have skills I need to activate, like Exploding Palm and Sweeping Wind. But I end up having to build up spirit to do so when I'm at empty from the last time it capped. The bonus damage is great, but the 100% damage from capping seems really worthless compared to being able to use skills. And then there's the 1.5% you lose from each point of spirit when it goes down. You're losing over 100% damage bonus per second until you run out, with a 100% bonus damage? It doesn't make sense. I currently have 329 spirit. That's 493$ bonus damage, that I'm long for a 100% damage bonus?

The Cube is cool, but I find myself using a vast number of materials upgrading rares. Into worthless legendaries. But it's a nice effect. I do hope they add new recipes later on, and I wish I had kept my Puzzle Ring.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2015-08-26 at 09:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's live in EU now as well!

Shenlong is AMAZING if you're making a Generator build and borderline useless for everything else. The point behind the set is to build around Denerator damage and Spirit generation. So for Shenlong's 2pc Raiment of 1000 storms, Depth Diggers and Simplicities Strength are all considered "Mandatory" gear, then for abilities things like Breath of Heaven: Infused with Light is godly, because of the 14 additional spirit each hit.

With enough CDR you can have that buff up almost 100% of the time, essentially double your spirit gen, with that and a build designed around spamming Generators you can be at 100% spirit all the time, even WITH the 100% buff draining 65 a second, this gives you insane damage on your generators.

If you're looking for an Explosive Palm build, I recommend the new Uliannas set that will be coming with S4.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    If you're looking for an Explosive Palm build, I recommend the new Uliannas set that will be coming with S4.
    Just fyi, new sets are not season-only. Only some complementary items that make them better are (like bracers and stuff like that). You can drop new sets right now with your normal characters.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    I no longer have need to play non season
    I enjoy end of season character killing (HC ftw).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Best part is that the crafting recipe is so cheap as it doesn't require Forgotten Souls, yet..
    Tbh I can see this getting nerfed...

I mean for something like Fist weapons it's CRAZY easy to get good ones, because the pool to roll from is so small. I can see myself hitting 70 on my seasonal monk and just crafting a fuckton of yellow fists, Cube them till I have a Shenlong set. I bet it'll be WAY quicker than rifting for shards to gamble them.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

new patch is gonna be awesome, im gonna main either monk or barb probly, but i like using dh with danettes for speedy bounties (i can clear T7 act 1 in under 4 mins) anyway. just waiting for Season 4 to start.

Bandit Shrine. Holy crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Bandit Shrine. Holy crap.
    ...There's a new shrine?

Huh, so there is. Spawns a bunch of goblins.

I logged on to try the kanai cube thing before the new season hits and I clicked the first shrine I saw without reading what it was. Imagine my surprise when like 12 goblins spawned lol, couldn't stop laughing.

Some real nice changes and additions thus far.

It says that season 4 starts on August 28th, and that is today. Is it midnight that this will start?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It says that season 4 starts on August 28th, and that is today. Is it midnight that this will start?
    Season 4 begins August 28 at 5 p.m. PDT in North America, 5 p.m. CEST in Europe, and 5 p.m. KST in Asia.

1-70 in around 7 hours with a party alternating between 3 and 4 people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, this is the fastest I've ever leveled... Been playing for about 4 hours and I'm already 59, wonder how some people get to lv 70 <1hr

5hr 35min and I'm lv 65... I am going to fucking bed.... Also going to have to start going through the campaign for the Keywardens for chapter 4 of the season journey... grreeeaaaaat.
    Last edited by 3DTyrant; 2015-08-29 at 01:31 AM.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Damn, this is the fastest I've ever leveled... Been playing for about 4 hours and I'm already 59, wonder how some people get to lv 70 <1hr

5hr 35min and I'm lv 65... I am going to fucking bed.... Also going to have to start going through the campaign for the Keywardens for chapter 4 of the season journey... grreeeaaaaat.
    Keywardens spawn in Adventure Mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Keywardens spawn in Adventure Mode.
    Hu-freaking-zzah! Thanks for the tip
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Kinda dissapointed with the seasonal journey, I think I'm 6h in or something and I'm already pretty much done with it. Just need to go kill the keywardens but I'd rather not go search for them untill I can do it on atleast t6.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Kinda dissapointed with the seasonal journey, I think I'm 6h in or something and I'm already pretty much done with it. Just need to go kill the keywardens but I'd rather not go search for them untill I can do it on atleast t6.
    This isn't everything.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comm...journey_goals/

Quote Originally Posted by Aygar View Post
    Ah, sweet, good to know there's more to look forward to. :d Pretty weird how they hide the chapters though. I was completing chapter 3 stuff when I hadn't done 1, I'm assuming I can get the slayer stuff etc aswell even though it's completly hidden.

7+ Year Old Account
    Damn, they are fast