Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    People did the same thing with alchemists for transmutes in past expansions.

As I said, now it's hand-holded so everyone and their mother is doing it. The gold makers were a more tight niche that had to actually care about gold making and research it. Now basically everyone with alts is flashed with the obvious: "queue your mats!".

Garrisons are basically an oversupply of mats incarnate.

Though it's also a more obvious 'game' now.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2015-09-01 at 10:46 AM.

It's no more "flashing and obvious" than it was in past expansions.

In fact, it's more gated now than it was, since your effective daily materials are split between two sources- Garrison and CD.

And judging by the complaints I hear, a lot of people who thought they were in the niche of "gold makers" really weren't- they had one thing they did that worked (shuffling in Cata, JC in Mists) and aren't really the people that understood how to make gold. They didn't research and prepare for changes that would result in opportunities, they just latched onto one that was already there.

Most "niche" gold makers are doing fine in WoD and have adapted. And they're still far ahead of the general inflationary curve that is the "casual" gold makers relying on garrisons.

Most materials from the garrison are honestly not even worth the time- people really looking to make gold are either flipping mats on specific trader days, flipping mats for Savage Blood, etc.

I have 22 maxed professions, and I have since Wrath. I get how things change from expansion to expansion, and WoD really hasn't had the effect people claim it has, unless you're ultra casual about it.
    Last edited by JemiS; 2015-09-01 at 05:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    I deal in old bags. I currently have 285 netherweave bags in my personal guild bank. Less than a week ago I had over 450. I sell about 50-75 bags a day. It's not great profit but it's fun. Frostweave take forever to sell. My server had them in the 200's price range and they barely moved. They more more now that they're in the 170 range but not much faster. Embersilk bags, I can't keep in stock. They sell SO damn fast it's crazy. I'll save all my boxes for the salvage yard for the every 2 week opening bonanza across all my toons and then I de everything inside. I take all the dust and make bags that guaranteed are sold before the day is out and that's taking a long time. Usually in about 4 hours they're gone.

Hexweaves aren't worth the time to sell right now. I have 16 in stock, 12 are going to my demon hunter and whatever I crank out between now and day 1 of Legion will be put on the AH and hoping for bank roll with all the new Demon Hunters running around.

Deleted
    Netherweave bags are so slow to craft and have such a slow turnover that I'm usually bored to even handle them. Though lately they don't even sell. So yeah..

Deleted
    windwool cloth is cheaper than the fur on AH, at least on my server.
    And royal sachet sell for 200-300g less than current bag, usually around 1000g so still worth to make for me at least

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I hope that they end this "automatically generated mats" bs. It's ironic that they tried to destroy alts conglomerates in MoP with the mote of harmony (being soulbound). And now they did the complete opposite, whole armies of people relog to just queue mats.

It's not even hard to figure out since people are automatically directed to their garrisons to pick buildings.
    I had 9 farms in MoP, mass producing cloth via planting cactus every day. Primal Spirits are soul bound, just like motes were.

Filled out my main's bags and bought some for my new DH when Legion hits already. Love the price of bags right now, and if I need, it's a reliable market for me to sell them myself and get my money back when I make them on my Tailor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    Primal Spirits are soul bound, just like motes were.

Only partly in practice. They can be bought for other mats. You can calculate their exact price according to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Filled out my main's bags and bought some for my new DH when Legion hits already. Love the price of bags right now, and if I need, it's a reliable market for me to sell them myself and get my money back when I make them on my Tailor.

It's likely those bags will go ~500g more at least around launch since people panic those days but it would still be risky. When we had royal satchels to deal with they weren't really cheap during the expansion, they just got from expensive to ludicrously expensive.