Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

What will you do with flying in WOD?

So, related to flying releasing next week, I was curious what people planned on doing with flying that they had not done yet?

for me I have 2 last characters to get from 95-100 and I plan on just flying around picking up the treasures.

However, on my "main" character I really have nothing left to do in WOD. I am not a raider and the garrison missions bored me long ago.

I could be flying around gathering more gold killing rares etc, but I find myself less and less interested in playing this expansion.

What about you?

Fly in circles around my garrison.

Got a few alt to lvl from lvl 90 and several rare mob to hunt in tanaan.

I am unsubbed and I am not going to resub, but if I were to resub, I'd be doing archaeology, which I postponed exactly because it was too tedious without flying (I measured the rate of artifact solves, it dropped roughly 2x compared to MoP and doing archaeology in MoP was already pretty mundane and boring).

Fly around to the beautiful places of WoD and take screenshots.

The art department made visually the best set of zones ever. If the gameplay department didn't want to give me a reason to enjoy it, I'll find away.

Deleted
    Alt leveling (I have at least 2 candidates), some more Tanaan farming without having to worry about the retarded terrain (what looks like a short trip on map is usually a clusterfuck of circling around mountains, trying to hop onto ledges, asspulling hundreds of useless adds etc), maybe some Archeology, because why not. I'll also fly just to admire the view, I used to do that in Pandaria. I don't have any Ally chars, so haven't even seen the refurbished Temple of Karabor, I'll look around from the sky now.

I will not be getting it personally :P

At least not for the forseeable future, don't really have any reason to.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

nothing really?

nothing specific anyways. Itll help level alts that's about it.
    - RIP Notorius Thugz - Miss you guys

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm... finish Archaeology achievements, maybe the last few rares I am missing - That is about it. Flight isn't useful for much else ^^
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Fly around my garrison now instead of standing in my garrison

Deleted
    I didn't understand why people wanted flying. I don't know what to do with it once I can finally fly Maybe It will help me getting to Kazzak or something, but I never really needed it, and I think it was a waste of resources implementing it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will fly.

Oh you mean what will I do with it as in actual objectives? I will probably get a lot of the treasures that were frustrating to get to, just to get the friggin icons off my minimap.

Archeology
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    Not much, as i have done everything already without flying, nothing left to do with it, only flying around to check how it looks, the rest is the convenience of not pulling mobs and getting dismounted.

If they would have put this in the first patch would have been better (with the same unlocking achievements required), least you had to do something with it except just sitting in your garrison till Legion gets out and the flying mounts retire for months again.

Nothing, which is why this whole flying thing is ridiculous.
    White Knights on mmo-champion.com forums: Able to troll with no repercussions!

fly around for an hour or so. perhaps pick up some of teh more tedious treasures in nagrand. Then i will heart back to garrision and never use it again.
    I am still of the opinion that being able to fly does more harm to the game than it adds convenience.

Deleted
    Not get it and wait till Legions prepatch arrives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Complete the Archaeology achievements, in all likelihood. Do some exploring in hard-to-reach areas, and finish up any standalone content I've not gotten to as yet.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    nothing..flying kills the immersion but i can undestand its uses
    however right now in WOD, there isnt anything to use flying in..

I won't be getting flying, as there is no need for flying in WoD at all. The zones are really small, so running to where you need to be on a ground mount isn't that much of a hassle. Killed all rares on my main ages ago, and all treasures are collected. All I do now is generate gold and raid anyways, so I am fine
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore