Deleted

[RET] Confusing stat priority in PVE

Hello,

I have read/watched multiple retribution guides, but most of them have slightly different stat priorities. The guide from Icy Veins sounds best, but since I'm only playing a ret paladin for a couple of months, it still is quite new for me. This is icy veins' PVE priority:

1. Strength;
    2. Mastery;
    3. Haste;
    4. Multistrike = Critical Strike;
    5. Versatility.

I looked to some top PVE paladins (according to worldofwargraphs) and they seem to prioritize multistrike over haste. If that is the way to go, I can, for example, focus on obtaining the Balefull and Truesteel merciless (mastery + multistrike) gear.

What do you guys think/prefer?

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not confusing at all mastery over everything then more or less all other stats are roughly equal to each other.

Care to link your source for "top ret paladins" going for Multistrike?

The stats are relatively close for the most part. Stat priority can change based on your current gear, so you should sim your own weights. There was a period of time were haste was siming highest for me, but now it's back to being near the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruciata View Post
    Care to link your source for "top ret paladins" going for Multistrike?
    eu.battle/wow/en/character/Lightning's%20Blade/Nertzi/advanced
    eu.battle/wow/en/character/Lightning's%20Blade/Iiris/advanced
    eu.battle/wow/en/character/Sargeras/Lexa/advanced

You need to put .net behind it, because I can't post links. Their multistrike is significantly higher than their haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyman64 View Post
    The stats are relatively close for the most part. Stat priority can change based on your current gear, so you should sim your own weights. There was a period of time were haste was siming highest for me, but now it's back to being near the bottom.
    Good point, didn't even think about that. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyman64 View Post
    Haste will sim highest if it is below 900. That cap isn't really relevant unless you are playing emps, which is the lowest parsing talent so I wouldn't recommend that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matthijs2504 View Post
    eu.battle/wow/en/character/Lightning's%20Blade/Nertzi/advanced
    eu.battle/wow/en/character/Lightning's%20Blade/Iiris/advanced
    eu.battle/wow/en/character/Sargeras/Lexa/advanced

You need to put .net behind it, because I can't post links.
    Not only are none of those top ret paladins, but none of them are going for multistrike either. They all very clearly go for mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkchickens View Post
    Haste will sim highest if it is below 900. That cap isn't really relevant unless you are playing emps, which is the lowest parsing talent so I wouldn't recommend that.

- - - Updated - - -

Not only are none of those top ret paladins, but none of them are going for multistrike either. They all very clearly go for mastery.
    I lol'd. Wonder how he singled out those 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkchickens View Post
    OP didn't say anything about going multistrike>mastery; his question was about multistrike>haste.

@OP - The simple answer, like others have already said, is that mastery is #1 - gem it, enchant it, take it on gear basically every chance you get. After that, a good rule of thumb when deciding between two pieces of gear is to just take the higher ilvl. The secondary stats are sufficiently close that the higher ilvl (and so more str and more total secondaries, whatever they may be) piece will almost certainly be better (or if not better, basically a side-grade). If you wanna get into the nitty-gritty you can always download SimC and run two sims - one with one piece of gear, one with the other. But that's probably a lot of work for what will turn out to be not a very significant difference.

If you are using Seraphim with the DC and EDH trinkets you may get slightly higher value from multistrike than mastery. I simmed it out once and found a whopping 300dps gain from changing up my enchants from mastery to multistrike. This is due to felburn and felcleave being effected by crit, haste, multi, but not mastery.
    300DPS!
    I didn't bother because 300dps is not worth the gold and any fight where you go FV or do not use the DC multistike falls behind mastery again by a well over 1k dsp. So we're talking about at very most a 0.x% dps gain under perfect circumstances with absolute perfect execution of a fight.