Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Illidan's immortality isn't tied to any Aspect's gift now, belongs to himself alone due to his demonic status.
    yeah completely true.

I think his design is cool, I don't think he's cool -- however, I really still to this day don't understand why we killed him. He was fighting the Burning Legion and not really bothering Azeroth... just seemed like a "Let them fight." moment for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Back in Molten Core in Vanilla, about 20 people up and the rest still being ressed. Cidet, our rogue, goes in stealth and moves up to Ragnaros. About 5 seconds later, Ragnaros aggroes and starts killing all of us again. Everyone is pissed and I whisper Cidet "wtf happened?!". All he replies me is...

"Target has no pockets"

He went to prison for ten thousand years, got buff, and got mad. After he got out of prison he tried to take his brother's girl, hung out with the Legion street gang, and got a lot of tattoos.

He's totally cool, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Well, he was born a Night Elf and most of his looks are Night Elf-ish.

And that is the point: He looks bad-ass.
    In the story he seems to be more of a whiny bitch in my opinion, but most people like him for the way he looks in art and the game.
    well only his pointy ears.Archiomode looks like an Eredar but he is a demon.

yeah he looks badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if he gets tyrande, if he even hints that he still gives a remote shit about tyrande or malfurion, i'll be pretty angry.

i want him to tell them both to fuck off and then go on to be the hero of the expansion.
    would pay $50 for this

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    well only his pointy ears.Archiomode looks like an Eredar but he is a demon.

yeah he looks badass.
    You're literally arguing just to argue.

Lol.

Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Likuidz View Post
    You're literally arguing just to argue.

Lol.

Stop.
    just proving my point.

yeah I will stop.

Quote Originally Posted by VengfulPecs View Post
    The main reason at least for me is the fact that he does all these great things to prevent the Legion succeeding and yet he always gets blamed for being evil. I mean this motherfucker is willing to take evil object, bind himself with demons and be in prison for thousands of years and still have the drive to fight the Legion the way he knows how and a successful way that no one understands. He fights fire with fire.
    That's why I resent him. He's an utter failure but can't admit it. He did all of these "good things despite the cost" to "fight the legion". Except in the end he does Kil'jaeden's bidding willingly at every turn of the way, telling himself that will give him the opportunity to strike eventually. His only redeeming action was at the end of WotA. Everything else was entirely self-serving.

But he's too scared. Kil'jaeden presented himself to Illidan within Outland, located in the Nether, meaning he has the opportunity to kill him for good. What does Illidan do instead? He cowers, apologizes for failing to stop Arthas and begs for forgiveness. Malfurion is often called holier-than-thou, but the exact same can be said for Illidan. He pretends to do whatever it takes to defeat the Legion, while constantly doing their bidding at the same time.

People like him because he's "edgy" kinda like the default bad boy in every anime ever (sasuke from naruto would be a good comparison).

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    That's why I resent him. He's an utter failure but can't admit it. He did all of these "good things despite the cost" to "fight the legion". Except in the end he does Kil'jaeden's bidding willingly at every turn of the way, telling himself that will give him the opportunity to strike eventually. His only redeeming action was at the end of WotA. Everything else was entirely self-serving.

But he's too scared. Kil'jaeden presented himself to Illidan within Outland, located in the Nether, meaning he has the opportunity to kill him for good. What does Illidan do instead? He cowers, apologizes for failing to stop Arthas and begs for forgiveness. Malfurion is often called holier-than-thou, but the exact same can be said for Illidan. He pretends to do whatever it takes to defeat the Legion, while constantly doing their bidding at the same time.

People like him because he's "edgy" kinda like the default bad boy in every anime ever (sasuke from naruto would be a good comparison).
    I think Illidan is pretty much a dick but no one in their right mind would just yolo KJ only to get rekt.

Hes just a popular character that has all kinds of zealots following. Like Sylvanus (me). or Jaina or some others. I never found him that great but his disciples are very vocal about their feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    But he's too scared. Kil'jaeden presented himself to Illidan within Outland, located in the Nether, meaning he has the opportunity to kill him for good. What does Illidan do instead? He cowers, apologizes for failing to stop Arthas and begs for forgiveness.
    Firstly I don't believe for a second that Illidan can take down Kil'Jaeden, nor that his new allies would help him. He'd only stand a chance if Kil'Jaeden were...not prepared. (sorry)

Secondly does Outland count as part of the Nether? It's within the Twisting Nether, sure, but if that counts as killing the demons for real, we did a lot of damage to the Legion during BC. It also begs the question as to how Illidan's soul survived. If he's a demon now, killing him at the top of Black Temple should have killed him for good rather than trapping his soul in his body. I assume that despite being in the Nether Outland must have some kind of containing atmosphere which prevents it from truly killing Demons.