Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

6.2 Shaman Resto Stats changed?

Hello.

I have One little question, i see someone that use Crit before Mastery in priority, and someone like me Mastery>Haste>Crit=Multi, which is better at this moment? Thanks

Mastery is the generally preferred stat for progression raiding. Depending on encounter design, healing comp, raid difficulty and raid avoidable damage taken the stats can change - but generally it will be Mastery > Haste > Multi=Crit > Vers. It helps when it counts. Remember that healing is not about numbers and ranks - its about making sure that the raid is alive so you can kill the boss. When youre stressing the healing requirements on higher difficulty bosses - mastery is the most beneficial stat you can have most of the time.
    Resto/Ele Shaman Main - Raider for Temerity of Windrunner[A] 13/13M
    Twitter- Twitch - Disc/Holy Priest Alt - MM/BM Hunter Alt
    Always reachable via Twitter for questions, so feel free to bug me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gele View Post
    I have One little question, i see someone that use Crit before Mastery in priority, and someone like me Mastery>Haste>Crit=Multi, which is better at this moment? Thanks
    There's a good chance that person prioritising Crit is in a raid team that's pretty much farming all the bosses and doesn't need the Mastery quite as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I go for Mastery > Haste > Multi=crit Simply because its closer to my enhencement main-spec. That is if my guild needs me to heal, wich doesnt happen quite alot. Adjusting with spirit with the rings/cloak/neck + trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    There's a good chance that person prioritising Crit is in a raid team that's pretty much farming all the bosses and doesn't need the Mastery quite as much.
    Multistrike haste would be a better option than crit on farm. More efficiency faster response.

Quote Originally Posted by nucklearbor View Post
    Multistrike haste would be a better option than crit on farm. More efficiency faster response.
    QFT
    /10chars
    Resto/Ele Shaman Main - Raider for Temerity of Windrunner[A] 13/13M
    Twitter- Twitch - Disc/Holy Priest Alt - MM/BM Hunter Alt
    Always reachable via Twitter for questions, so feel free to bug me.

No argument from me on that, just offering up a possible reason why the Shaman the OP saw was prioritising Crit before Mastery.
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Okey dokey!"

Our shaman is crit>Mast.

Pretty much, it's because we have a lot of hot classes and aoe healing, come the time someone gets hit by something, he's our only burst healer. 1 spell, if he crits. you're full hp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulwarkcoco View Post
    Our shaman is crit>Mast.

Pretty much, it's because we have a lot of hot classes and aoe healing, come the time someone gets hit by something, he's our only burst healer. 1 spell, if he crits. you're full hp.
    and when he doesn't you die. Healing based on rng is terrible. He's doing it wrong im afraid.

The real advantage of Crit in the past was to proc Resurgence, but Resurgence isn't all that great now so Crit is far less valuable.

"Okey dokey!"

Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    and when he doesn't you die. Healing based on rng is terrible. He's doing it wrong im afraid.
    Agree. If you are relying on your shaman to save low health ppl going mastery/haste is much more consistant than crit. Mastery is godly when people are at low health percentages. And haste to make sure that heal gets off in time. Healing Surge has a very good crit rate on it's own if the shaman is managing his tidal wave buff properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulwarkcoco View Post
    And if he doesn't, you're in trouble. If he had stacked mastery, not only would he have been able to save people more reliably, but the healing his spells do on average would be higher. He'd also get much bigger crits if he stacked mastery, if that's what he's after. Really, if his "job" is to spot heal people who drop low on health, every heal he casts is going to get a massive bonus from mastery (or would if he had any), so mastery is the perfect stat for him.

Critical strike is simply numerically inferior for restoration shamans at the moment. There's really no argument to be made for it. It's just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    The real advantage of Crit in the past was to proc Resurgence, but Resurgence isn't all that great now so Crit is far less valuable.
    With the fancy new mana trinket, it's negligible. Even without it, mana hasn't really been a problem this expansion, and on the few fights where it kind of matters you can just switch in a spirit trinket or something. You're also giving up HPM to get that resurgence (since crit is a poor stat for throughput and will make all your heals weaker, forcing you to cast more of them), so the actual net benefit is less than what logs show.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Basically. Mastery is still godtier. Don't change.

Deleted
    In other words, you should stack Mastery

I'm surpassing 100% mastery in my raid group fully buffed and sitting around 25% haste. I am pretty happy with my healing but I'm questioning whether or not to dump a little mastery and add some more haste and try to get haste to more like 30ish%.

Sound like a good idea or should I just hold onto the mastery?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyspice View Post
    I'm surpassing 100% mastery in my raid group fully buffed and sitting around 25% haste. I am pretty happy with my healing but I'm questioning whether or not to dump a little mastery and add some more haste and try to get haste to more like 30ish%.

Sound like a good idea or should I just hold onto the mastery?
    Nah. Keep mastery, if you want higher numbers. Drop a healer.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethia View Post
    Dropping a healer is usually always a good strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethia View Post
    Yeah, we have a couple healers with viable DPS specs(myself included) so I'm often swapping back and forth, especially for our heroic farm bosses.

Now here's a pickle I found myself in yesterday....I happened to be one of the last prot wearers in my group to get my 4pc. I went from 2pc(for 2+ months!) to 4pc last night, but I found myself dropping over 20% mastery to put my 4pc on. I currently am wearing the helm, shoulders, gloves and pants. Now, the pants absolutely suck secondary-stat wise(multi and crit, booo) so I know I want the tier chest to complete the 4pc and use pants with better secondaries, but I may have to wait a bit for the chest piece now...

Also, I don't know WHY on earth Blizz didn't put more mastery and haste on our tier pieces, thanks for all the crit and multistrike, guys. Nicely done.

Would you say 4pc worth that 20-25% mastery drop? I was sitting around 104.8% mastery(buffed) without the 4pc and with 4pc I drop down to about 80-82%(somewhere in there) *sadface*...Even obtaining the chest piece wouldn't bump me up THAT much, though it will be better than the stupid pants.

I'm highly discouraged too because I was super patient in obtaining my last 2 pieces to get my 4pc and I feel disappointed in how much mastery I have to sac for it.

I'm not a numbers kind of person, so analyzing logs to sort out whether or not it is worth it isn't something I'd be good at.

Deleted
    Yes, its worth it. You will lose out some on your best stat, but some of the other secondary stats will increase (which is better than nothing).

Even if you just flat out lost 25% mastery, I would still pick the 4piece over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyspice View Post
    Also, I don't know WHY on earth Blizz didn't put more mastery and haste on our tier pieces, thanks for all the crit and multistrike, guys. Nicely done.
    To make offset pieces more appealing as something other than fillers until you get your tier bits. If you're asking yourself the kind of questions you're asking here now, they've succeeded.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.