View Poll Results: If you could only ban one of these things which would it be and why?

Voters
130. This poll is closed
  • Text Messaging while driving.

91 70.00%
  • People being allowed to own Pitbulls

15 11.54%
  • Pick Up Trucks

5 3.85%
  • Banks

19 14.62%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Text Messaging while driving.

Personally, I get nervous when I'm in the car with someone and they're texting while driving. It's one of the reasons why I prefer to be the one driving places when I'm with a group of people.

I wouldn't ban Pitbull ownership because they're not inherently bad dogs... people just don't know how to train them. I wouldn't ban pick-up trucks because they're useful trucks. I wouldn't ban banks because I don't have a personal vault where I can stash my personal funds... little though it may be.

Hello, I would ban this off-topic forum.
    Thanks!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

why do people hate pitbulls so much. My family has had 7 pits in the last 24 years (some are still alive and kicking, some have passed.) And they are the biggest bundles of joy you could ever have.
    chihuahua's have a lot more violent anger issues, yet no uproar about them.

Quote Originally Posted by amishjello View Post
    why do people hate pitbulls so much. My family has had 7 pits in the last 24 years (some are still alive and kicking, some have passed.) And they are the biggest bundles of joy you could ever have.
    chihuahua's have a lot more violent anger issues, yet no uproar about them.
    They are a common site guard for meth labs and respond really poorly to bad treatment.

Why would anyone ban Pitbulls? They are great. It's some of their owners that are the problem.

Is pitbulls and pickup trucks even problem? Wtf? Dogs are not a problem, owners are.. you need to teach your dog and take responsibilitie.

Big cars might not be eco friendly.. but is that rly that big of a problem?

Well, the original poster is starting with the idea that banning things could be desirable, so just assume for the sake of this hypothetical that it is desirable to control the behavior of all people to handle a few bad actors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, texting while driving is already illegal where I live.

Having said that, while some of the other things on the list bother me, they aren't inherently dangerous - so I'll still go with texting while driving. There is no single act while driving that I find more irresponsible - including driving drunk. When you drive drunk, the alcohol is telling you that you're okay to drive (even though you're not); and while that's not an excuse, a stone cold sober person will STILL whip out their goddamn phone. That's worse.

Pitbulls? They're the sweetest dog ever, if they aren't mistreated. I'd rather have ANYONE who wants to own ANY large dog (because any of them can be dangerous) go through an application process, so people who are not suitable owners can be weeded out. That would solve "vicious dog attacks" overnight.

Pickup trucks? Annoying, tbh; but with new fuel economy standards, modern pickup trucks are more fuel efficient than many older cars. I think they're an eyesore, and almost every person I've ever known in my entire life who owns a pickup truck is an insufferable douche bag, but banning something for that reason is, well, retarded. Instead, I'd rather ban all the derelict pieces of shit out there on the roads. Any car more than 15 years old should be limited to non-daily use.

And banks? I hate banks, but paying my bills online, having my paycheques directly deposited into my account, and not having to deal with cash, are all things the bank allows me to do. We let the banks here in Canada get away with murder, and I hate it. But in absence of them, life would be infinitely more complicated.