Poll: When was the holy paladin most fun?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

When was the Holy Paladin most fun?

To me it was Wrath of the Lich King. It was basic but it was fun. Gearing was simple enough and our role was defined and we were needed in every raid.

I liked mine during dragon soul. Namely, ultraxion :P

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I liked mine during dragon soul. Namely, ultraxion :P
    Ugh Ultraxion made paladins gods haha.

I liked them during wotlk/cata. I currently play one but, it feels so boring at times haha.

I absolutely loved it in Wrath. BC was just as good. I wasn't too fond of the big additions/changes that came in Cataclysm, but I eventually got used to it and ended up liking it. It was very simple in Wrath and I was perfectly ok with that.

In WoD, they tried making healing in general more difficult, but ended up making it incredibly boring.

They were pretty fun until the Sunwell patch required things they couldn't do well. Then they were pretty fun again for most of Wrath. I haven't seriously played it since. It's just too complicated and nerve-wracking now. I liked when I could make an mp5 build and spam heal to my heart's content, and not have every fight be a stressful life or death struggle.

WOTLK times were best. I generally liked it when Holy radiance was giving healing around us and movement speed, felt so cool to burst it with it and do actual healing, now the skill is so dull, and doesnt really get used outside very specific times

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    They were pretty fun until the Sunwell patch required things they couldn't do well. Then they were pretty fun again for most of Wrath. I haven't seriously played it since. It's just too complicated and nerve-wracking now. I liked when I could make an mp5 build and spam heal to my heart's content, and not have every fight be a stressful life or death struggle.
    What happened in Sunwell? Didn't SK have 2 holy pallys for KJ kill.

Who misses BC with two buttons? MAN THAT WAS THE TIME OF MY LIFE

For me wrath.. especially ICC, especially Deathbringer :P
    My entire work.. bop tank, heal others.. heal first mark, bop tank. Heal 2nd mark, bop 1st mark. Holy ligh spam with holy shock on CD all. Teh. Time. Just spam spam spam, pop wings in the end and spam even more..
    Acutally that was all bosses, except on all others it was bop tank, heal 2nd tank xD

But I do know why they changed it, trying to give pallies more depth :P did they succeed - I don't know, I abandoned her pretty much, just playing on and off from time to time for some fun. But not enough to say if fhey are in good spot..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath for sure.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

7+ Year Old Account
    Wrath??? Are you kidding me?? It was just Holy light spam for the entire fight, with a few justice of light procs now and then! It was stupid and proberly the worst experience as a healer i have ever had..... Unless you like boring and easy, then kudos to you

For me, it was clearly cata or MoP, since they gave us alot more to do with holy power. They are still not super fun, but it was a huge upgrade from the spam Holy Light meta in TBC and Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Wrath??? Are you kidding me?? It was just Holy light spam for the entire fight, with a few justice of light procs now and then! It was stupid and proberly the worst experience as a healer i have ever had..... Unless you like boring and easy, then kudos to you

For me, it was clearly cata or MoP, since they gave us alot more to do with holy power. They are still not super fun, but it was a huge upgrade from the spam Holy Light meta in TBC and Wrath.
    What should i say? I simply dislike the BoL mechanic.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    What should i say? I simply dislike the BoL mechanic.
    But then you were locked in a role of endless tank healing O.o, Beacon 1 target, Holy light spam the other and that was it for every fight. We were in the same purgatory together with disc since we did the same simple thing for every...god....dam...fight O.o Thats why i like how they put in HP and Other spells that made it so that we did not have endless mana when we just spammed.

Deleted
    Paladin was especially fun in WOTLK.

I remember shining on Wrath of the lich king, with only judgements and flash of light(yeah I was shit when I played back then).
    Though gearing was really easy and the class was simple but fun to play.

ATM I still like the procs and I enjoy my hpala to the fullest. But back in the day man...

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have a run down on holy paladins play styles for each expansion? I just started in warlords

Deleted
    Definetly Vanilla. Starting from player 1 through 40 buffing kings. When finished, repeat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meun View Post
    Anyone have a run down on holy paladins play styles for each expansion? I just started in warlords
    Barring Vanilla since I didn't play, I'll mention my experiences with the spec.

TBC: Flash of Light if gear allowed you, then 2-3 Holy Light ranks to save mana. You had to enter SWP with 50% crit on Holy Light minimum in order to sustain the heavy healing required there;
    WotLK: Holy Light, Judgement of Light, Holy Shock on cooldown. Hands down the best tank healer in the game.
    Wrath had a lot of freshness brought to the class mainly because it gave everyone some cooldowns to play around with, and Wings really made you pick up people from scratches.
    A good cd cycling Holy Paladin made a lot of difference.

Deleted
    BC was definately interesting, I didn't play my paladin there, but I played every druid spec, including healing, so there was a lot of talk between healers, and we all knew the others capabilities. The idea of chugging mana pots regularly and, as our paladin described it, "Dont stop casting or you'll run out of mana" was always pretty cool. I'm not a huge fan of spirit being our only mana regen at the moment, but things like mana tea and innervate never did it for me either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    To me it was Wrath of the Lich King. It was basic but it was fun. Gearing was simple enough and our role was defined and we were needed in every raid.
    I am currious what you mean have changed of those points

Holy Radiance... OMG I AM DOING AOE HEALING!!!!
    Chimaeron... good times
    Last edited by Zio Serpe; 2015-09-04 at 06:21 PM.