Poll: When was the holy paladin most fun?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    4.3 Cataclysm during Dragon Soul.

7+ Year Old Account
    Kiting in MoP PVP.

Blasting lights every which way in MoP (not much changed since then).
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the most fun during SoO with SH build. It was fast-paced, different and totally fun. I was heartbroken when I heard they were changing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never knew how much people loved 2 botton gameplay.

I liked WOTLK the best. Ever since then, I've just hated how convoluted the toolkit has become. Our AoE isn't great, and who even uses Light of Dawn? It's so pathetically weak. I loved how in WOTLK, we were very strong single-target. It's not about the fact that we had 2 buttons to press, but the fact that we had all this cool utility balanced around that, i.e Sacred Shield, the best Dispel out of all the Healers, we could DPS with Holy Shock, we could judge targets and that would grant party members more healing (I miss this alot). We still have this utility in WoD, but I feel like our utility meant more in WOTLK. It's just felt right. I felt like a real battle-healer. The rotation was simpler back in WOTLK, but to be fair, I think a lot of things were simpler back in WOTLK. Simpler, but more depth and flavor. We lost a lot of depth in gameplay and a lot of flavor since WOTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    I never knew how much people loved 2 botton gameplay.
    Sometimes simple is best, because it lets you focus on the other external factors going on. I think the game could stand a few more specs with only 2-3 rotation buttons and 2-3 cooldowns.

Deleted
    I think it's a good thing our toolkit doesn't provide any consistent AoE Healing anymore. We can Heal 3 Targets at once, have by far the strongest and quickest throughput of all healers. We can 100% heal on spot where needed. Those alone are assets so strong that HolyPal is the best healing class out there right now. And now imagine giving us some AoE on top. pew.

Definitely not WOD. Having close to no instant casts =/= fun. I liked how that was the niche of paladin healing almost, was like the hunter of healers.. tanky and a lot of instant heals. I understand how that is hard to balance; but we still could use some more instants than the amount we have now.

The most fun I personally had was when you could use lower ranks of Holy Light, at reduced mana cost... that was the dream.

Deleted
    I have to tag along with the majority and say wrath, might be with some rose tinted bias though.

I have to say that WoD has treated me surprisingly well as holy too however. Holy Prism feels really solid currently and we moved away from spamming holy radiance to casting our signature spell which to me is Holy Light (I made a macro with the old Holy Light icon ^-^). I'd love to see Flash of Light change a little bit since today it's basically just a Holy Light cast that costs more mana and has a shorter cast time.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    TBC.

With Blessing of Light, and various Spell Ranks, I was able to Solo heal some fights if other healers went OOM just through rank 2-3 FoL spam still being amazing on tanks that knew what they were doing.

If you didn't use various ranks and went OOM it was generally your own fault.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Molten Core imo. It was thrilling sitting out of combat resurrecting people for 10-20 minutes.

WoTLK, for sure.

I don't like standing on one place casting 2s heals for eternity, having little to no instants and no mobility. Wrath, on the other side... yes, it was flash heal spam, SO WHAT? I could single-heal ICC10-heroic, and the very process of doing that was very fun because short casts plus a lot of mobility and instants.

WoD can burn in hell for what it have done with caster mobility.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Cataclysm was fucking ballz yo. Sure it got a bit too simple in the end (hello DS), but gameplay was fun, you were arguably the most mobile healing class along with rdroods, lots of instants, HP "finishers" felt really great. Very polished overall gameplay.

I had the most fun in BC really tho i guess thats a lot due to the game still being rather new to me. Get in a group with a shadow priest and just spam a downranked flash of light all night long. My guild for a long time had a rather lacking healing roster, sometimes 1 resto druid, no resto shamans. So our average healing setup was 4 holy paladins and 1 or 2 priests. We had to prove every boss fight that paladins could actually raid heal