Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So was "The Ember Island Players" MEANT to be a pisstake of the film, or is it just a coincidence that they were pretty much of the same quality of acting and writing?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post
    I highly doubt this project will see the light of day. Its been five years. Just give it to another director and reboot the fucking franchise.
    Going to play devil's advocate here. He's one of the few directors in hollywood that is able to stay within budget while bringing a profit which is why he is still able to find work.

His only box office blunders were lady in the water and after earth.

Edit: correction.
    Last edited by TidesOfBlood; 2015-08-27 at 01:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is one of those things where I would think, "Who would green light this movie"
    Then I saw that "Pixels" was being made and the whole green light thing was just killed for me
    If it has even the slightest chance of being profitable, people will green light anything

I.....I.....I.......I.................WHAT?!

There was definitely a bunch of other options for making the movie, the 3rd option being NOT DOING EITHER OF THE TWO OPTIONS YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD ONLY DO YOU FUCK NUGGET! The 4th one would then be, making it at least half as good as the series, but I guess that would have meant putting in 300% more effort.

I don't know specific numbers, but I'm sure the audience for Avatar wasn't averaged at 9, and even if it was this show is one of the smartest shows aimed at 9 year olds in a couple decades.

M. Night, you made a shitty movie and can't blame anyone else but yourself for allowing horrible casting for almost every character, having heavy exposition story telling, uninteresting characters, flawed logic, and just an overall shitty movie. It didn't represent the series at all, he got almost all the pronunciations of the characters names wrong (seriously, when you can't even do this then you fucked up), the fight scenes were boring, and the CG was only "okay".

Swear to god, if they cast Katara with the same actor again I'm going to find him and shit in one of his cars.

I do love how the article says that his newest movie, The Visit, is successful, but it doesn't come out for almost another two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by TidesOfBlood View Post
    Going to play devil's advocate here. He's one of the few directors in hollywood that is able to stay within budget while bringing a profit which is why he is still able to find work.

His only box office blunders were lady in the water and after earth.

Edit: correction.
    While those are his failures when it comes to how much they made, his last 4 movies or so have been just awful.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2015-08-27 at 01:55 PM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Oh god no. Please at least stop before LoK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I'm sorry I just wanted to type out shamalamadingdong.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    http://www.movienewsguide.com/shyama...rst-part/87629

Well then...can't be any worse than the first movie..right?
    Is that article google translated from something? It seems.. off

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw this yesterday and vomited in my mouth a little. Shamalongathong had no understanding to what made the series so great- and the cast being successful? Fucking please, every actor and actress they cast were cringe worthy, as was the scripting and his "artistic freedom" choices. Requiring whole groups of earth benders to move a rock? Fire benders having to carry torches? Fucking garbage. Whoever signs off on this after how much of a turd the first movie turned out to be has to be retarded.
    Last edited by Joathen; 2015-08-27 at 02:52 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Only powerful firebenders can actually firebend
    Why?!?!
    Mr.Shamalaylonlonany, you have gone to far

Oh great another crap one.
    Wish they would have pronouced Aang's name right. Pissed me off the most
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

He has destroyed more movies than good ones hes made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun Fact: Both The Last Airbender and Mad Max: Fury Road had the same budget of $150 Million. Mad Max only slightly made more money then Last Airbender by the time its run in the theaters ended and made around 10 million less in its opening weekend.

This is why we can't have nice things...

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

15+ Year Old Account
    This is not the Avatar sequel I've been waiting for.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    A true quality avatar movie would need the budget of Marvel movies (not the acters :P).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Oh great another crap one.
    Wish they would have pronouced Aang's name right. Pissed me off the most
    The fact that firebenders couldn't create fire was my biggest beef. That and the fact that they didn't actually do any bending technics, it was just moving fists around. Than again, I had the same issues with Korra.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joathen View Post
    I saw this yesterday and vomited in my mouth a little. Shamalongathong had no understanding to what made the series so great- and the cast being successful? Fucking please, every actor and actress they cast were cringe worthy, as was the scripting and his "artistic freedom" choices. Requiring whole groups of earth benders to move a rock? Fire benders having to carry torches? Fucking garbage. Whoever signs off on this after how much of a turd the first movie turned out to be has to be retarded.
    I always questioned how TLA got a contract but they had issues getting a Halo movie despite Halo having one of the best live action trailers and even short films.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    NO!

how could he even get funding?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

What asshole give this guy money to make flops?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

This is a joke, right? Surely this is a joke. Like they pulled that from an Onion article or something. This can't be real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    Have to mention that I reported you, there's absolutely retarded major spoiler in your signature field.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    What asshole give this guy money to make flops?
    Because as much as fans of the series and critics may have hated the movie, it still made money. Over $300 million is worldwide gross on a $150mil budget.

10+ Year Old Account
    PLOT TWIST:

The Avatar was dead the whole time and Aang is just a ghost!
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Oh god no. Please at least stop before LoK.
    LoK seems like it would be waaaay easier to turn into a movie, with a strong villain and a classic coming of age story. Would be much tighter than turning the first season of airbender into a single movie. Heck if they left out the bending tournament they could tighten it up even more.

Not looking forward to this movie though.