Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Shyamalan Confirms ‘Avatar: The Last Airbender 2′

The controversial 2010 movie “The Last Airbender” is returning with its sequel and M. Night Shyamalan, who is a famous writer-director of the action movie is more than ready to hit the screens soon with the film even though the date has not yet been revealed. Read on to know more.

Shayamalan has had a track record of highly successful and blockbuster movies while “The Last Airbender” in a way trashed all that acclaim when it was not warmly received by critics and audiences. The director was always criticized for even talking about its sequel planning. It has been five long years and Shayamalan is keen on its sequel to do what the first part could not.

Shayamalan’s successful movie list includes the “The Sixth Sense”, “Unbreakable”, “Signs”, “The Visit” and the list ceases to end. Apart from these he has worked with stars like Bruce Willis, Donnie Wahlberg and others.

The film had a successful cast starting from Noah Ringer as Aang, Dev Patel as Prince Zuko, Nicola Peltz as Katara, Jackson Rathbone and the likes, while it still becomes hard to understand as to what really went wrong.

The Indian-American director has bluntly defended the first part saying, “It’s really weird because on the show the average age was, like, nine-years-old. So you could make it one of two ways: You could make it for that same audience, which is what I did – for nine and 10-year-olds – or you could do the Transformers version and have Megan Fox… I didn’t do that.”

http://www.movienewsguide.com/shyama...rst-part/87629

Well then...can't be any worse than the first movie..right?
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

These people aren't in the age to play these roles now, so whatever happens, it will be way worse than the first one when it comes to casting

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Well then...can't be any worse than the first movie..right?
    Shh, before Shamalamadingdong accepts your challenge.

Why even bother shymalanadingdong first one bombed why spend so much money in trying again when it just bombed like it did.

Oh...oh god no.

Don't tarnish the glorious memory of that series any more than you fucking have already! Noooooo...

Deleted
    Oh crap, please no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a petition we can sign to give Shamalama the ULTIMATE TWIST? Like, remove his head?

Ok ok, at least one where we can convince him NOT to make this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by M KNIGHT SHIMALAYALYALAYAN View Post
    “It’s really weird because on the show the average age was, like, nine-years-old. So you could make it one of two ways: You could make it for that same audience, which is what I did – for nine and 10-year-olds – or you could do the Transformers version and have Megan Fox… I didn’t do that.”
    Maybe the average age for people watching it was 9-10 but the serious was very intelligent and spiritual and well written.

If he's saying he dumbed it down massively for kids that means he didnt understand anything about the original series, especially not why it was so popular.

His argument that you can ONLY adapt a cartoon into either a Shit dumb movie for kids or shit dumb movie for adults (with Megan fox) says a lot about his creative abilities.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2015-08-27 at 09:00 AM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    No not again! We don't need Shamallamadingdong putting a 'twist' on Avatar again. Doesn't he realise it's a pointless venture considering that people won't want to see it after the first one being shite?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would M.Night Shyamamalamasamakun do this to us again? Does he hate us?! D=
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Maybe the average age for people watching it was 9-10 but the serious was very intelligent and spiritual and well written.

If he's saying he dumbed it down massively for kids that means he didnt understand anything about the original series, especially not why it was so popular.

His argument that you can ONLY adapt a cartoon into either a Shit dumb movie for kids or shit dumb movie for adults (with Megan fox) says a lot about his creative abilities.
    Exactly. That statement made me realize how stupid Shyamalan really is. Just because a movie is aimed at a younger audience doesn't mean it has to be simple or stupid. I also don't believe the series was made just for children anyways. It dealt with some pretty big ideas like war and genocide. The fact that it was able to cover those things in a series that both children and adults could understand and enjoy proved just how smartly written it really was.

I do now understand why the movie adaptation ended up so badly, Shyamalan is just an idiot who had no idea what the strong points of the series actually were.

I don't believe this article. Whos paying for the film. No one would back M.Night and avatar in the same sentence after what happened with the first movie.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt this project will see the light of day. Its been five years. Just give it to another director and reboot the fucking franchise.

10+ Year Old Account
    This will make me cry harder than Iroh's song, and why the fuck is he that impervious to critics ?

The film had a successful cast starting, while it still becomes hard to understand as to what really went wrong.
    No the cast wasn't successful, they were deadfish, and the acting was so bad !
    while it still becomes hard to understand as to what really went wrong.
    So many critics of this big ass turd and yet, they don't understand went wrong ? Like the whole movie is bad.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

did he not fucking learn with the first installment

did nickelodeon not learn

this dude is killing the avatar franchise - for starters his name is AANG not UNG!!

fucking fucktard mother fucking shyamalanadingdong - this article actually made me throw up in my mouth a little.
    Last edited by smokii; 2015-08-27 at 10:48 AM.
    <insert witty signature here>

No. God. Please god no.

...I never saw this coming.

What a tweest!

honestly, i'm prepared to start a petition to have shyamalan removed from the avatar franchise before he buries it for good.

tbh, they'd probably be better off starting fresh with a korra live action movie series with a new director that doesn't utterly desecrate the source material.
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    honestly, i'm prepared to start a petition to have shyamalan removed from the avatar franchise before he buries it for good.
    I'd sign it in a heartbeat

7+ Year Old Account
    Not going to fall for this a 2nd time Shyalmalan!
    I regret paying cash to see this in the theaters, I would have regretted paying cash to see this at home.