Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warrior? Convince me :)

Been playing WoW since Vanilla..I've mostly played casters (ele, boomie, warlock and spriest) I've been maining my Spriest since MoP. However..I've had a bit of an itch to play melee since I've never delved into it..I hate enhance, don't like the DK rune system, feral isn't my cup of tea, don't like monks, Ret gets boring quick, rogues aren't for me...Warrior was the LAST class I'd ever thought I'd consider..however, I tried Fury out on the PTR and was just destroying everything, the survivability is great and so is the self healing. Is this really the case with Warriors? The only downside is I find the theme a bit boring..there's no magic or much lore to it..just a bunch of brute-in-your-face-blood-bathing. Convince me to try one out? Considering buying a lvl 90 (I can't bare to lvl from scratch again).

Warrior has very very bad self-healing.

"brute-in-your-face-blood-bathing" explains warrior perfectly, if that isn't your cup of tea I don't see how you could like this class. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    We're all far too busy smashing things in the face while we carve a path of destruction to convince anyone of anything

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    Been playing WoW since Vanilla..I've mostly played casters (ele, boomie, warlock and spriest) I've been maining my Spriest since MoP. However..I've had a bit of an itch to play melee since I've never delved into it..I hate enhance, don't like the DK rune system, feral isn't my cup of tea, don't like monks, Ret gets boring quick, rogues aren't for me...Warrior was the LAST class I'd ever thought I'd consider..however, I tried Fury out on the PTR and was just destroying everything, the survivability is great and so is the self healing. Is this really the case with Warriors? The only downside is I find the theme a bit boring..there's no magic or much lore to it..just a bunch of brute-in-your-face-blood-bathing. Convince me to try one out? Considering buying a lvl 90 (I can't bare to lvl from scratch again).
    Just do it.

I've had a bit of an itch to play melee since I've never delved into it..I hate enhance, don't like the DK rune system, feral isn't my cup of tea, don't like monks, Ret gets boring quick, rogues aren't for me...
    I'm confused, since you never dwelved, you rejected all melees apart from warr based on...?

Gnome fury warriors are quite a lot of fun, charging about with two weapons you shouldn't really even be able to lift.

Quote Originally Posted by apoe View Post
    Warrior has very very bad self-healing.

"brute-in-your-face-blood-bathing" explains warrior perfectly, if that isn't your cup of tea I don't see how you could like this class. lol
    why did it feel like with second wind, bloodthrist and victory rush that i had massive amounts of healing going on? O.o more-so than a dps DK or a WW monk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    I'm confused, since you never dwelved, you rejected all melees apart from warr based on...?
    always preferred ranged/magic types

I wouldn't recommend buying a new class at level 90. At least level one up part ways so you understand roughly how they work.

Fury warriors are ok to play, they're not as much fun since the ability squash and I benched mine in favour of my Frost DK but if you like feeling like a berserker that's constantly in your enemies face then you'll enjoy it.

In PvP? It's a blast. I wouldn't suggest warrior right now for PvE unless you really really like the play style. And it's not that warriors are bad, warriors parse fairly well in mythic. It's just that fury at low gear levels feel awful (streaks of not critting bloodthirsts) and arms is worse (without T18 arms spams whirlwind or stands around doing nothing). Gladiator was fun but it's really not competitive unfortunately. I haven't tried prot this xpac so I can't comment on that.

Regardless our self healing is poor to bad. Bloodthirst isn't very much (1%), if second wind ever procs you're already pretty much dead unless whoever you're fighting isn't very good or it's a boss without very much raid damage, and victory rush requires you to kill something first. If you were just questing then yea you have a lot of sustain since you can chain kill mobs for victory rush and they don't hit hard enough to get you from second wind range to death.

why did it feel like with second wind, bloodthrist and victory rush that i had massive amounts of healing going on? O.o more-so than a dps DK or a WW monk.

- - - Updated - - -

always preferred ranged/magic types
    Victory rush is good for leveling, because you kill the mob and move to the next one, you always have it available. For raids and dungeons, you are competing with a lot of other people to get killing blows, meaning you will rarely get to use it for healing when you actually need it. In pvp, victory rush means you already killed the guy and won, you never get to use it in a 1v1 unless you kill a pet or something.

Second wind is useless except for soloing MoP content and you have high dps. Not used at all otherwise.

BT heal is only 1% max health every few seconds. With glyph, 2%. That's really nothing compared to the self-healing of most other classes. You could talent unquenchable thirst and use BT glyph to spam 2% heals every GCD, but then you do almost 0 dps in the process and will probably take more damage than you are healing anyways.

The only reliable heal is enraged regeneration, which is 30% HP heal on a 1 min CD.

Warrior is the best class, but I wouldn't really call it much of a self-healer and that's especially true in PVP where you need a babysitter healer to keep you alive... Though if you do have that you will be a wrecking train, which is pretty much how the Warrior has always been.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    In PvP? It's a blast. I wouldn't suggest warrior right now for PvE unless you really really like the play style. And it's not that warriors are bad, warriors parse fairly well in mythic. It's just that fury at low gear levels feel awful (streaks of not critting bloodthirsts) and arms is worse (without T18 arms spams whirlwind or stands around doing nothing). Gladiator was fun but it's really not competitive unfortunately. I haven't tried prot this xpac so I can't comment on that.

Regardless our self healing is poor to bad. Bloodthirst isn't very much (1%), if second wind ever procs you're already pretty much dead unless whoever you're fighting isn't very good or it's a boss without very much raid damage, and victory rush requires you to kill something first. If you were just questing then yea you have a lot of sustain since you can chain kill mobs for victory rush and they don't hit hard enough to get you from second wind range to death.
    Depends what you mean by competitive with Gladiator, in PVP it's not but in PVE it's pretty competitive everywhere. One of our Warriors regularly plays Gladiator and pulls really strong numbers, checking the server rankings (quite a few better guilds than us) and his Archimonde HC ranking of 67k dps puts him in 2nd place behind me (Arms) and ahead of all the Fury Warriors on the server, a few of them better geared too, and respected players.

I mention server because on a local level he's one of the top ranking Warriors on most fights regardless of spec, pulling 60-70k on most fights (like Fel Lord, Socrethar, Mannoroth, Archi etc) at ilvl714 . Anyone who is asking about this class in such a way is not playing at cutting edge progression, anything other than cutting edge progression and Gladiator is really competitive and totally fine to play at Mythic raiding levels, so long as you gear well and play well.

Of course on the ultimate stage it is behind Arms/Fury on every fight (aside from maybe Mannoroth Heroic with a large group, but not Mythic), but it sits happily inbetween the two specs on a few fights too, it's not amazing but it's a lot more competitive than people realise, even if it isn't the top Warrior spec in any situation.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-08-27 at 06:52 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Glad is competitive outside of world first mythic kills. If it is alt and going to start leveling up soon, I'd say that Glad is perfectly fine for lv 100 dailies and gearing, 5mans and normal / hc raids. Glad also got better self healing when you stack regen with Last Stand.

At low ilvls without set bonuses, I think Glad gameplay is more engaging than Arms / Fury. Also doing dailies with glad is extremely fast when Revenge keeps proccing from parried attacks you take.

Glad is fine. Single target/cleave spec, works better than other 2 spec at low ilvl. High APM, 2 dmg increasing buffs to manage (Shield charge, enrage)
    Arms is best cleave/execute spec. Low APM, 1 dot to manage, 1 cleave buff to manage, Rage pooling for Colossus Smash every 20 sec, and execute.
    Fury best single dps and aoe burst. Enrage and 2 proccing attacks to manage. Sacrifices needed weekly for rng gods.

Fury warriors are amazing - Playing one since Vanilla. DO ITTTTTT.

I've had the most fun in wow playing my warrior

15+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you stand out from the rest mate if you want to raid. Millions of warriors about at the moment, just like hunters and ret.

lol, who the hell wants to convince some ranged-kiddo to finally start playing the game? keep throwing your sissy projectiles

Why play a class that uses magic when a warrior has spell reflect?

Deleted
    Imagine your ele, boomie, lock, spriest if they were actually fun.

Now strap two gigantic weapons to them, throw them head first at your enemy in full plate, screaming and frothing at the mouth and watch as absolute chaos unfolds in all it's beauty.

Now my friend, you are ready to play a warrior.

Go, onwards to the character creation screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    In PvP? It's a blast. I wouldn't suggest warrior right now for PvE unless you really really like the play style. And it's not that warriors are bad, warriors parse fairly well in mythic. It's just that fury at low gear levels feel awful (streaks of not critting bloodthirsts) and arms is worse (without T18 arms spams whirlwind or stands around doing nothing)....
    I have always main'd a warrior. I started playing at the end of Cata (during Dragon Soul) and have been playing off an on since then.

Right now, I agree with this quote. Playing a fury warrior will be aggravating until you get some decent gear. I am very competitive and when I'm not at the top of the charts I feel like I am failing. The fact is right now warriors are not going to be topping DPS meters with strong Hunters/Mages/Locks (especially single target). With that being said, I still really enjoy playing my warrior because it's fun to be right next to the boss doing melee damage. Without tier bonuses or trinkets, your DPS is going to be garbage, even if your stat priority, talents, and rotation are spot on. But, once you get some decent gear, acquire the T18 bonus, your DPS will be muuuch better.

To answer your question: if you're patient and don't mind the gear grind, do it. They are a lot of fun and obviously very rewarding in AOE encounters when you can sustain 200k DPS for the duration of bladestorm.