Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Which legendary should I craft: TGT edition

The idea of this thread is to make a recommendation on what the legendary crafting priorities should be in TGT. Obviously this will to a large extent depend on what kind of deck you play, so I'll try to take that into consideration. As it is still very early in TGT to judge the meta, I'm going to make some provisional comments and create a list as it evolves.

At the moment the "obvious" pick would be Varian, but not everyone is a warrior. Yet :P

Strong class legendaries: Rhonin for Tempo Mage, possibly Eadric the Pure for Paladins, and Mistcaller for Shamans is currently controversial.

Of the neutrals, I am personally leaning towards Justicar Trueheart, which I've seen used to devastating effect in a few Warrior, Mage and possibly Shaman decks. Chillmaw also appears popular. I've also seen Gormok, Saraad and Bolf in play but don't know how effective they are.

I'm keen to see what other people think, I'll try to incorporate everything to get an idea of how the meta is shaping up.

NOTE: I'm just ranking TGT legendaries here as many people will already have the previous expansion must-crafts (ie Dr Boom :P)
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2015-09-01 at 07:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Rhonin will probably be the first I'll craft. He seems viable for quite some time. The updated version of tempo mage I have seen so far doesn't require that much extra cards from TGT.

Varian I will wait a bit more and see how it pans out. As control warrior goes it usually require a lot of expensive cards and the number of TGT cards I currently have is 0. It's fine thought I am already rank 5 for this season, I tried to hit rank 5 before TGT guessing most of my deck would be outdated. As long I have have some type of deck to hit rank 5 next month, I will be happy with that. Since I am an arena player mostly.

Might be time to use some of the dust I have been hoarding for Rhonin at least.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'll certainly craft Eadric for my pally. Statwise he is terrible, but he can shut down some cards pretty well. Right Varian?

10+ Year Old Account
    I currently have 4K dust and no idea what to craft any suggestions?

I have all the legendaries I currently want. The ones I don't have are Acidmaw, Eardic, Anubarak, The Mistcaller, Varian, Fjola, Saraad, The Skeleton Knight, Chillmaw, Sky capn and Icehowl.

I mainly play Shaman, Druid, Rogue, Priest and Paladin and have been wanting to get into Warlock, Hunter and Control Warr (not face hunter tho). Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

I will be crafting Justicar Truehart first, I think. It is a fantastic card for many classes. Warlock the least, imho.
    I already got Varian from packs, but I don't think I'll end up using it much.

Deleted
    If you want to play dragon priest, Chillmaw is incredibly strong.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i'm myself considering confessor paletress for fun priest inspire deck.

So far from my observations, I would be crafting Justicar Trueheart Epics and Rares  saving dust until the madness settles.

The meta is non-existent right now, and most decks are completely unrefined. It’s really hard to tell what’s going to be good and what’s not. That said, Justicar is going to be very strong for control Priest, Paladin, Warrior, and Mage at a minimum, so I think it’s a safe bet.
    CPU: Intel i7 3770K Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO GPU: 2X Asus GTX 770 OC SLI Heatsink: Hyper 212 EVO RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1600mhz SSD: 120Gb Samsung 840 EVO HDD: WD 2tb Caviar Black PSU: Corsair HX850 Case: CM HAF 932 Advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using Trueheart in all my decks so far. Once you get used to that suped up HP...mmm.

I have Rhonin, Paletress, Aviana, and the Mistcaller. Paletress is fun times, haven't played Aviana yet, Rhonin is slow as hell and I hate that his ability isn't a battlecry given that it already requires setup (flamewakers, Antonidas, Maly, etc), and the Mistcaller is probably my fave so far. He just works and he makes my totem deck stronger
    Last edited by Daws001; 2015-08-27 at 12:29 PM.

I crafted myself a Trueheart since it seems to go well with so many decks. No regrets this far.

7+ Year Old Account
    A small PSA as far as people were not aware of this. If you craft/have a golden Trueheart, it also makes your improved Hero Power 'golden'.

Double golden Silver Hand recruits for days!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    I'll certainly craft Eadric for my pally. Statwise he is terrible, but he can shut down some cards pretty well. Right Varian?
    Do it I say. I crafted Eadric for my Dragon Control Paladin deck and he's saved me from some really nasty Varian drops. If you're playing any type of Control Paladin, he is a must have, in my opinion. =)

- - - Updated - - -

My current list of legendaries to get is this:

1) Justicar Trueheart

2) Wilfred Fizzlebang

3) Eydis Darkbane

4) Fjola Lightbane

5) Nexus Champion Saraad

6) Gormok the Impaler

7) Varian Wrynn (I don't have all the necessary cards to make a Control Warrior. Still missing Grommash Hellscream among others.).

Funny how everyone are talking about Varian. I still haven't seen him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Varian is pretty much strictly CW at the moment, unless someone comes up with another heavy minion Warrior build. Have seen Varian 3 or 4 times already and he TRULY paid off.. once? Still, 10 mana 7/7 "Draw 3 cards" is pretty good in itself, just not that outrageous as everyone thinks.

And in case it REALLY goes wrong - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cdYkfNoKt0

Since I main a control warrior I'll have to craft Varian first, but I'm not sure if other legendaries like Justicar are too good to include. I still need Harrison Jones aswell but I'm not sure if he'll be good in the new meta, I think we'll see a lot less weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. 1 Is probably still Dr. Boom

Midrange paladin: Justicar Trueheart

Any dragon deck: Chillmaw

Tempo mage: possibly Rhonin? Haven't been too impressed with it, not because of the card but because I haven't been impressed by Tempo mage as a deck.

Zoo-style/token heavy decks: Gormok the Impaler

Warriors: I'm still on the fence about Varian Wrynn honestly. Great card, but it can outright lose you the game, not because of the wasted battlecries (which, as long as you don't get into fatigue, aren't actually wasted: think of them as being the bottom cards of your deck instead of the top ones and since the order is random it might appear clearer to you) but because it can outright lose you the game by pulling too many minions against another control deck and overextend into removal (again, wouldn't matter if you didn't get into fatigue, but control matchups usually do so in this case it is relevant). Of course, you can play around that and use it as a last resort and/or during fatigue, but that's the same as playing another threat, and since it doesn't exactly shine in aggro/midrange matchups either (where you'd rather stabilize than randomly put minions on the battlefield) it doesn't currently have too much of a place. It might be, however, much more interesting for a midrange-focused warrior deck. (possibly taunt based? bolster is a pretty good card, after all)

I find the rest to be too niche at the moment to warrant a craft, but obviously anything could change.

Particular mentions (because they might seem really good at first):
    - Eadric the Pure really seems oriented to a Control Paladin, but.. Does the deck really have a place in the meta? Midrange paladin with Justicar and Murloc Knights can already outvalue every single other deck in the game, therefore I don't think so.
    - The Mistcaller looks like an amazing control legendary, but is incredibly slow and is in a class which has very little card draw and a clear midrange stamp, which means you usually won't be able to use the effect for more than 3-4 minions, at which point it becomes a mediocre 7/7 or 8/8 for 6. But those stats for that manacost are great! Sure, but they don't come all at once and therefore its slowness can push the game out of your hands pretty quickly.
    - Twins have the same problem as Dragonkin Sorcerer: buff spells are rare and generally bad. Priest and paladin play them, but the former has an incredibly high competition on the 3-drop slot with many arguable stronger cards (deathlords, dark cultists, velen's, technicians). I can see one of them (possibly fjola because of the stickyness) being run in aggro paladin, but even here the 3 drop is very crowded. (wolfriders, divine favors, musters, arcane golems, seal of champions)
    Last edited by Fluorescent0; 2015-08-27 at 06:12 PM.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post

I have all the legendaries I currently want. The ones I don't have are Acidmaw, Eardic, Anubarak, The Mistcaller, Varian, Fjola, Saraad, The Skeleton Knight, Chillmaw, Sky capn and Icehowl.

I mainly play Shaman, Druid, Rogue, Priest and Paladin and have been wanting to get into Warlock, Hunter and Control Warr (not face hunter tho). Any suggestions?
    i would say mistcaller if you play a shaman. If you can get him out early without much sacrifice you slowly over whelm your opponent in just pure stats. It gets silly when you play an owl that's 3/2 that can't be pinged anymore and hits like a truck.

Chillmaw for a Dragon Priest deck
    - RIP Notorius Thugz - Miss you guys

I'm definitely leaning Trueheart because even though I'm aiming to eventually add Varian to my control warrior, Trueheart is an amazing card for control warrior as well, so I'll really want both and Trueheart is non-class specific so it makes sense to craft it first.

It looks like apart from Control Warrior, Dragon Priest and Totem Shaman are the big emerging decks so far (all this could change of course) so I'd probably say Varian and Chillmaw for the first two, but the Shaman deck doesn't seem to use TGT legendaries except maybe Trueheart. I don't think TGT is going to have a one-size-fits-all legendary like Thaurissan or Loatheb.

Hmm, possibly Chillmaw of those? Or try to make Rogue Pirate theme work and go Kragg :P

Quote Originally Posted by Reica View Post
    A small PSA as far as people were not aware of this. If you craft/have a golden Trueheart, it also makes your improved Hero Power 'golden'.

Double golden Silver Hand recruits for days!
    So tempted to blow all my dust on that :P

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    No. 1 Is probably still Dr. Boom
    Possibly, I should clarify that I just mean of the TGT cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.