rogue spec question

hey guys,

I am new to playing rogue, rerolled for the guild.
    This means I don't have 4pc T18 and no class trinket

I sit at 700 ilvl right now with 2x stage 6 crafted daggers, 700er PvP gear, stage 6 skull of war, stage 6 stone of elements.

I can change gear to have more multi strike or more crit.
    SimC in the sticky says Sub is better in BiS gear but I am far from BiS gear

What spec should I play until I have BiS gear?
    Sub or Assa?

Combat gear I will farm to make it my 2nd Spec.

Thanks
    N

10+ Year Old Account
    Assassination, imo.
    Get Soul Capacitor ASAP. It's great
    im cool pls respodn

Deleted
    I'm in the same seat, but I'm doing very poor dps with sass

Prolly doing something wrong, I think having the tier + archi trinket would help a lot though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Givemount View Post
    I'm in the same seat, but I'm doing very poor dps with sass

Prolly doing something wrong, I think having the tier + archi trinket would help a lot though
    Got Soul Capacitor?
    im cool pls respodn

Quote Originally Posted by Noore57 View Post
    hey guys,

I am new to playing rogue, rerolled for the guild.
    This means I don't have 4pc T18 and no class trinket

I sit at 700 ilvl right now with 2x stage 6 crafted daggers, 700er PvP gear, stage 6 skull of war, stage 6 stone of elements.

I can change gear to have more multi strike or more crit.
    SimC in the sticky says Sub is better in BiS gear but I am far from BiS gear

What spec should I play until I have BiS gear?
    Sub or Assa?

Combat gear I will farm to make it my 2nd Spec.

Thanks
    N
    Since you can't have 4 pieces of warlords crafted, drop the stone and go assassination

Deleted
    Doesn't really matter imo.. Play whatever you want. In my opinion assasination is terrible without set bonuses or trinket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrftw View Post
    Since you can't have 4 pieces of warlords crafted, drop the stone and go assassination
    He might be better off dropping one of the daggers, the 2nd dagger is more of a statstick anyway for assa and sub. More so for sub though. You can put any dagger in your OH and for sub any weapon in your offhand.
    It's probably best to consult with shadowcraft.
    On the matter of which spec to play: Sub has the higher potential dps with most gear setups, so if you can play that I would recommend that. Assa is more forgiving in that regard with only a little bit less max dps potential.

Hi Rylix,

I have a heroic Axe ilvl 710 for offhand (and therefore Sub) but shadowcraft shows my two stage 6 merciless daggers as more DPS for Sub.
    As I got a Soul Capacitor from Normal, Shadowcraft shows stone of elements as a better trinket than skull of war.
    So I am running Sub with 2 Daggers, Soul Cap and Stone of Elements right now.
    Did some PvP to get some of the ilvl 700 PvP gear with multistrike. Pushed the DPS number in Shadowcraft quite a lot
    On a side note: Shadowcraft is probably the best tool for character optimization that I ve ever seen for one of my WoW Chars

One question regarding opener as Sub without 4pc T18:

Premed > Slice > Prepot > SR > Garrote > SD > Ambush > 5CP Rupture > when SD off (SnD refresh somewhere here) pool energy > Vanish > Ambush/Premed > Evis/Rupture > Normal Rotation

This is what I am doing right now.
    Any improvements?

Thanks
    N

Deleted
    I think optimal opener without anything was Premed > Slice > Prepot > Garrote -> wait for 110 energy -> SD + SR -> Ambush etc.
    But I don't guarantee that it's best though. If you do that and reach 0 Energy during your SC proc, then it's probably good, if not you need to spend energy faster.

The opener isn't that important without 2p and leg. ring though so you shouldn't sweat it.

Shadowcraft is really nice and easy to use, unless your results are within 0.5% of each other you can follow its advice. Exept for on use trinkets, they are usually undervalued because the effect will be averaged out over time.

Thanks all of you!