Deleted

Infinite lockout for mount farm - possible?

As you might've guessed from the title I want infinite lockout for raids, specifically Dragon Soul and ICC.

What I wanna know is if this is possible:

I have 10 characters on which I wanna farm mounts but clearing up to Lich King and Deathwing is annoying.

Used to be able to go in with one of my alts and my girlfriend's character, clear most bosses and then just trade the save from my girlfriend's character. I tried doing the following yesterday but it didn't work:

2 characters in ICC Normal.
    Clear 11/12
    Leave with one character and logout.
    Switch to HC
    Kill Lich King
    Login the 11/12 saved character
    12/12 cleared - why? :/

Is this just not possible anymore?

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because the save is shared on Heroic (old Mythic). It still works on normal mode. And no, you cannot get around it, so start clearing that trash :-)
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Deleted
    Heroic can indeed screw you up. Not sure why you go in with 2 people to begin with tbh. Just solo 11/12 (any difficulty) and get outside with that char;now group up with a char you want to kill LK with, make sure it is on 25 NORMAL before entering and swap to 25 HEROIC once inside. At least that's what made stuff fail in the past for me, 10-25 had to be done outside, normal-heroic inside. May have changed now but I still do it out of habit.

Deleted
    kill everything except LK on 10 man normal mode
    set to 25 man, leave the instance and log onto the character you wanna kill the LK with (invite your own character via the groupfinder)
    enter with the character you wanna kill LK with, log on to your character with the saved id and make your kill character leader
    now this is important: before you set to 25 man heroic, DISBAND THE PREMADE GROUP FINDER GROUP and kick your saved character, THEN set to 25 man heroic and kill the Lich King

if you don't disband the premade group finder group your saved character will for some reason also get the heroic lockout, not sure if that's bugged or intented, I learned it the hard way myself
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-08-27 at 10:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    kill everything except LK on 10 man normal mode
    set to 25 man, leave the instance and log onto the character you wanna kill the LK with (invite your own character via the groupfinder)
    enter with the character you wanna kill LK with, log on to your character with the saved id and make your kill character leader
    now this is important: before you set to 25 man heroic, DISBAND THE PREMADE GROUP FINDER GROUP and kick your saved character, THEN set to 25 man heroic and kill the Lich King

if you don't disband the premade group finder group your saved character will for some reason also get the heroic lockout, not sure if that's bugged or intented, I learned it the hard way myself
    Thanks a bunch, it works perfectly!

So you no longer need a second account?

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    So you no longer need a second account?
    Not since 6.1(whenever the auto-invite feature came in)....I have all my lockouts on a 90 pally and group with it through the group finder for my kills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Those are the fields where the challenging and engaging raid mechanics for Classic are grown. See that they lay barren.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokesTooMuch View Post
    Not since 6.1(whenever the auto-invite feature came in)....I have all my lockouts on a 90 pally and group with it through the group finder for my kills.
    You don't even need auto-invite in the group finder for the trick to work. I leave it off because it causes randoms to queue up for my group (apparently they think the random-typed names I use are interesting enough to queue for).

Also, the alt with the lockout does not have to zone in at all. I just extend the lockouts with my mage (in this case, ICC 11/12n, Ulduar up to Yogg, and DS 7/8n), get my main invited, and I'm able to zone in just fine while my mage stays in garrison.

EDIT: Note that my DS lockout is for farming Blazing Drake. It is not possible to farm Lifebinder using this method since Heroic Madness requires Heroic Spine which requires the first six killed on Heroic (though I've been told during a random Mythic Blackhand pug that there's a macro you can use to bypass this requirement; sounds like an exploit however).
    Last edited by The Cheat; 2015-08-27 at 04:21 PM.

How do you have 2 toons on the same account logged in at once?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    (though I've been told during a random Mythic Blackhand pug that there's a macro you can use to bypass this requirement; sounds like an exploit however).
    Any encounter that uses dialog before a fight starts, you can start the encounter and then use this macro

Code:
    /click StaticPopup1Button1
    /run SetLegacyRaidDifficultyID(DIFFICULTY_RAID25_HEROIC)
    and it will turn to heroic. Even if you did normal encounters up to that point. Although, all of Dragon Soul is easy on heroic 25 anyway, so I don't know if that really helps anyone.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Any encounter that uses dialog before a fight starts, you can start the encounter and then use this macro

Code:
    /click StaticPopup1Button1
    /run SetLegacyRaidDifficultyID(DIFFICULTY_RAID25_HEROIC)
    and it will turn to heroic. Even if you did normal encounters up to that point. Although, all of Dragon Soul is easy on heroic 25 anyway, so I don't know if that really helps anyone.
    It's more about saving time than anything else.