Help me become a better healer ( Logs and UI )

REDDIT LINK FOR MY LOGS AND REAL LINKS : h ttps: // www . reddit . com / r / CompetitiveWoW / comments / 3il7d9 / help_me_become_a_better_healer_logs_and_ui /

Hi, I'm a resto sham, it's the first and only class I have played at this level. I started playing at start cata and got to max level in 5.4 (yeaaah i read every quest), I played Enh for a bit but i could not loot LFR weapons so I switched to Resto, wich I played before for dungeons while leveling. I raided SoO after discovering Oqueue and now in WoD I tired to get a guild running and often raided with 2 or 3 friends in pugs. Now that my guild roster finally looks like something, I thinks it's time for me to try to get better.

GEAR

Links on reddit, i can't post links
    Here's my armory. About my gear, i got enchants on everything, i will get my ring this week if i'm lucky ( i need 5 more tomes), I use one Mastery gem on my belt and one haste on my gloves ( because i already had like 105 mastery and i felt like i could use haste). I got my tier helmet ( wich is bis) but I'll use a pvp one until i loot another tier piece. I'm trying to get 100 mastery and 25 haste. For my trinkets, i use only one healer trinket ( the first one) and one DPS because i feel ok with my regen and ele blast helps a lot with mana. I would like to get a 705 trinket from a mythic dungeon that gives Intel + Mastery to remplace my actual DPS trinket because a proc trinket as a heal is not that good, even if i track it.

UI

I began using Vuhdo recently and i did not change my keybinds, so i have my old keybinds and i guess i could change them to have a faster acess to my CDs, unleash life, dps spell and ele blast. Right now i mouseclick totems and i have bad binds for ele blast, unleash, dps spells and no bind for my shield.

I'll change them but i can still heal like this.

Here are some UI screens :
    Links on reddit, i can't post links

So, i got my kick/decurse near everything and all my Weak auras, from left to right, blue shiny things are my Riptide charges, Ball of energy is colored if Elemental Blast is good to go and white and emptying when i have the buff, the little green squares are my unleash life charges, the green bar is the unleash life buff, the blue bars are my tidal waves and the red bars are the ring proc and the trinket proc. On my vuhdo i can see who has riptide (it's the little white square) and Earth shield on the tank.

LOGS

I use AMR but i found some of my logs on Warcraft Logs too :

That's HM Gorefiend ( only HM boss i killed, i thought it was nm x), i am 6/13 NM) : I was 697 ilvl and did not have my haste gem :
    Logs on reddit, i can't post links

Here are some AMR logs from my last raid, it was half my guild, half another guild they were on their mumble and we were on our TS so communication was hard.

Kormrok : Logs on reddit, i can't post links
    Council : Logs on reddit, i can't post links
    Kilrogg : Logs on reddit, i can't post links
    Gorefiend (only wipes) : Logs on reddit, i can't post links

Some things that i saw was that i'm bad at healing rain (every other shaman that i compared my logs to had waaay more healing rain ticks but had the conductivity talent, and correct me if i'm wrong but there is no way to have multiple rains or have it do more heal, the talent is just saving the cast time and one GCD ? ) and basic healing wave on single target.

Thanks for helping
    links on reddit, i can't post links

Deleted
    Just link it with spaces in between or "(dot)" like u did on your reddit link (just not a thousand spaces) and it should work.

I tried and it did not work, with the reddit link it only worked like this :/
    And honestly, I think it's just faster to go check the links on reddit ^^

Deleted
    where to start..
    Your UI - Being a good healer imo relies on you making it easy for yourself to react to people's health dropping suddenly. Your raid frames is just not the most logical in set up. There is a large distance between I'm assuming the tanks and the warlock on the right. You want to be able to swap heals on people with as little movement as possible. I would rearange them so that *at least* there isn't lots of gaps in the different columns.
    Your unit frames are unnecessarily large, there's no way you need to see your target, focus and your own health so large when you'll be staring at your raid frames. Sure use something to check your own mana but if your playing on a smaller screen (17" I think you said) then this is wasting precious space.
    Floating combat text - When healing I have turned this off completely, I don't need my vision to be full of green text, it is a lot of clutter and gets in the way of weak auras and cast bars and other important stuffs!
    Logs: Chain heal - your bounces to cast ratio is 4.98:1 which is pretty good.
    Healing tide usage looks fine.
    Riptide usage looks fine.
    8 healing stream casts in an 8.40 fight is not good! It has a 30 sec cooldown, even if you delay it 5 seconds for a particular phase you have lost 9 HST opportunities in the fight, the 8 you cast did 2.6mil healing, so you're throwing away 2mil+ healing.
    Ascendence looks fine.
    Healing rain looks alright, you could be casting it a little more frequently.
    On a side note, a shaman and 3 resto druids? Owch, I bet those health bars are spikey.
    I don't know why you have a 75 haste gem in your gloves? Also your legendary ring isn't enchanted .

The first thing i do when i get a new computer and screen is changing graphics to ultra, the second is changing my UI, i'll stay on the same kind of things but i'll try to manage space in a better way. For floating combat text, what i'd like to do is have somewhere i can see every single heal with details but hidden, like combat text but with a macro to disable it and to move it. i'll try some addons but that's not my mains priority. I'll try to do weakauras for HST and rain and my ring. I got the ring an hour ago and i have no idea of how to use it. Any tips on that ? I just used it on cooldown and tried to use cooldowns at the same time from time to time.
    If the raid needs more heals than i cast it and if i know a shield would be nice, i cast it 15s before the damage. We had 2 sham and 2 druids and some times no one even lost life. And the haste gem is because i have nearly 105 mastery and i'm trying to get to 25 haste. Thanks for looking at my logs

Quote Originally Posted by Blop View Post
    The first thing i do when i get a new computer and screen is changing graphics to ultra, the second is changing my UI, i'll stay on the same kind of things but i'll try to manage space in a better way. For floating combat text, what i'd like to do is have somewhere i can see every single heal with details but hidden, like combat text but with a macro to disable it and to move it. i'll try some addons but that's not my mains priority. I'll try to do weakauras for HST and rain and my ring. I got the ring an hour ago and i have no idea of how to use it. Any tips on that ? I just used it on cooldown and tried to use cooldowns at the same time from time to time.
    If the raid needs more heals than i cast it and if i know a shield would be nice, i cast it 15s before the damage. We had 2 sham and 2 druids and some times no one even lost life. And the haste gem is because i have nearly 105 mastery and i'm trying to get to 25 haste. Thanks for looking at my logs
    Just a couple of quick notes - at work and don't have time to look at logs.

Would definitely recommend smaller raid frames - Aside from visibility issues and seeing your feet, having large raid frames means a high travel time from frame to frame, which means slower reaction time.

Also, the shield is only based on actual healing done, not overhealing, so I would just cast it when you need the bonus healing, and if you can line it up so you can do a ton of healing and use the shields at the end, awesome .

Source: healiocentric. wordpress. com /2015/07/23/etheralus-the-20-week-reward-a-brief-look-at-the-legendary-ring-mechanics/#more-3675