Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    ...yourself to do that again after so many many tries failed?I know this is all rng, but you know that feeling after xxx kills mount still not drop.I know if you will try try and try one day mount will PROLLY drop, but how you overcome that feeling when you see mount still not drop?

thx in advance and cheers...xD!!!
    By reminding myself that there is literally nothing to do in this game otherwise so I'm glad I still have something to do?

Satanic ritual sacrifices.

The fact that it most certainly WON'T drop if I just stop and go cry in a corner.
    I have never been lucky enough to get a raid drop mount whilst current and never will I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    With how many chars are you farming them?
    About 18-20 characters a week. A few weeks in MoP I missed doing some before reset and the beginning of WoD I slacked off while I was levelling.
    1600+ includes coin rolls. I have about 850 kills and a few of those were without a coin roll.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

Deleted
    Try to not think about the mount, only on kill the boss.
    I had to kill 862 times to have invincible, and Iam at 1754 kills of sha of anger, 14 characters per week ( so near 3500 trys, with the coin)
    Still miss rukhmar and sha mounts ( and tot mount, but haven't time)
    X

I farm til I burn out, take a break, and come back when it feels right. I just remind myself that it will happen eventually if I keep trying, but if i quit it wont happen at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    ...yourself to do that again after so many many tries failed?I know this is all rng, but you know that feeling after xxx kills mount still not drop.I know if you will try try and try one day mount will PROLLY drop, but how you overcome that feeling when you see mount still not drop?

thx in advance and cheers...xD!!!
    You just suck it up and do it.

Probably helps if you farm multiple mounts on multiple characters.

My girlfriend decided to farm a bunch of mounts like ashes of alar, onyxia mount, mimiron's head, and so on on like 6 or 7 characters each week. After a couple weeks she got one and it gave her the steam to keep going. After another month or so she got another one. SO on and so on.

If you keep at it and attempt it enough times each week, you'll get it eventually.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

IMO something that really helps is to look for things besides the mount that you want from the instance. Transmog gear, pets, legendaries, or even just gold if you need it. That way, even if you don't get your mount, you still come away from the instance feeling like you got something out of running it.

I know there's only so much you can do in some of these instances and inevitably the mount will be the last thing you get in some cases, but it doesn't hurt to try, even if it's something you aren't sure you'll ever use.

Deleted
    I don't expect the mount to drop if it has 1 percent chance of dropping. I just clear the raid on many alts for transmog or gold. If a mount drops, nice. If it does not drop, nice too.

I don't farm absurdly rare mounts like MOP world boss ones or big love rocket, as I consider this to be a waste of my time. With 1% raid mounts you can pretty safely assume expected time to farm them - if you solo the raid weekly on 10 characters, your expectation of a mount is 2-3 months. On a bad RNG it can deviate a bit to 4, 6 or even 10 months but whatever, some mounts will drop on your first run and some will not even after 300 runs. When the chance is 1/2000 or 1/3333 the expectation of farming grows to an unimaginable length of time and I'm picturing myself farming for years on end, without any guarantee of this farming actually paying off.

MOP world boss mounts are much easier done via BMAH. In WOD making 1 mil gold is quite easy, it takes me about 4-6 weeks to make this much and placing that gold cap bid guarantees me a mount that would otherwise (propably) take an insane number of attempts to farm.

The only old world raid mounts left for me to farm are :

Elegon
    Ji-kun
    Garrosh
    4 MOP world bosses
    Ragnaros

Done with all the rest. When I have free time I level more hunters so I can give myself more chances every week to get these mounts. So basically, I always look forward to what i can do to help maximize my chances. I don't really dwell on how I didn't get it.
    Last edited by Shuken; 2015-08-29 at 09:06 PM.

Deleted
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ maybe next time

thats how :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    I've been farming Reins of the Azure Drake ever since Wrath, and still not seen it.
    I OTOH, got 6 of them before the Blue Drake finally dropped for me. Come farm him on Alleria, he seems to like dropping the Azure drake over here.

Dedicated farming gets very old very quickly for me. The handful of rare mounts I've gotten this year (Invincible, Ashes, Azure Drake, Raven Lord, and Onyxia) I got from random "I'm bored" runs. Hell, I didn't even notice I'd picked up the Onyxia Drake until I started vendoring the stuff I had autolooted.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you really want that mount, you can motivate yourself for it.
    If you are farming them for numbers only, I can feel your pain.
    Sometimes I miss a week or two on certain mains that I cba to farm anymore after so many tries.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

I am mostly just farming Yogg 0 and LK with my motivation being in 28 more weeks I will finally have the legendary healing mace.

Every few months, I get a wild hair and decide to go on a handful of runs for mounts and legendaries again. This time around, I finally got Blades of Azzinoth and the Ravenlord, and they encouraged me to keep going, so I will. when I tire out, I'll just take a break from it for a while.

One thing that has helped me, honestly, is not going crazy over farming it on 5+ characters. I did that once for ravenlord for every day over about 2 weeks (8 toons) and my brain nearly melted. Never again.

One thing that really sucks is that I keep getting Valanyr drops in Uld on my rogue, but almost never on my paladin, priest, druid, monk, or shaman. I think between them, I have a total of 8, but my rogue has been able to make the hammer for a while, if only I could actually start the quest lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Just don't expect the drop and make it a routine.
    After a few years this will happen:
    And then you'll realize that you wasted a great amount of time(plenty of hours, even days) for a pixel mount which means nothing today and everyone can get it. It also gives zero advantage in this game.

Just go ahead once more... Maybe it drops today

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    And then you'll realize that you wasted a great amount of time(plenty of hours, even days) for a pixel mount which means nothing today and everyone can get it. It also gives zero advantage in this game.
    Being a troll also gives zero advantage in this game, but it seems you waste a great amount of time (many hours, possibly even days) being a general annoyance.

What for? Self-gratification? Feeling like you achieved something? Pretty sure that's why people work hard towards getting mounts, buddy

Going off your banner, why did you waste all your time doing CMs? Why would you even do them? It's an achievement and transmog that is nothing but pixels.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

Quote Originally Posted by TacoCatt View Post
    Being a troll also gives zero advantage in this game, but it seems you waste a great amount of time (many hours, possibly even days) being a general annoyance.
    That's not true. I'm just providing good subject to talk about. I'm not even trolling, lol.

What for? Self-gratification? Feeling like you achieved something? Pretty sure that's why people work hard towards getting mounts, buddy
    I don't know ask trolls.
    Also getting a mount which is EASILY obtainable is not achieving something. Getting Felsteel Annihilator is achievement, Invincible or Al'ar? Nah, it require almost zero skil, especially with the old-raid buff for players.

Going off your banner, why did you waste all your time doing CMs? Why would you even do them? It's an achievement and transmog that is nothing but pixels.
    Are you comparing CMs to +100 attempts for Invincible? I've done them in about 2-3 hours, was helping friend, so not really "achievement". I was glad that I helped him, obtaining CM armor is just a side effect of that, I like this armor, but it is not something that I'd waste MANY hours for.

If you still consider myself as a troll then you're wrong and you should learn how to use that word properly.