Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffer View Post
    Currently I am doing Alysrazor every week on 9 chars, sha and nalak on 9 chars, LK for invincible on 5 chars and Dragon soul on 5 chars. I can already feel my morale draining but considering I need to do ToT and MSV at 110 I really wanna finish the wotlk and cata raids before legion drops.
    im in pretty much the same boat as you, but i dont mind if i still have these old raids to do once legion comes. ive had a few mounts in the last couple months that means ive already taken several raids off my list, so there arent a huge amount left for me to do, as i was so used to doing so many, often to the point of not getting them all done each week, which was fine, cos whenever i logged on i had something to do. but now i get it all outta the way first couple days after reset

Deleted
    I just keep telling myself "I'm just gonna go get it", then if it doesn't drop I declare that the game has clearly bugged on me and will have to w8 for a another reset. Repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting closer to 600 attempts on zg panther myself, doing it everyday on 13 toons, have given up on it twice before, but this time im not stopping until it drops! or legion comes out, whatever happens first!
    Defender of the light and cookies
    Rhagen
    WoW Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Rhag View Post
    Getting closer to 600 attempts on zg panther myself, doing it everyday on 13 toons, have given up on it twice before, but this time im not stopping until it drops! or legion comes out, whatever happens first!
    I couldn't believe my eyes when the raptor finally dropped! But, like you, I still have the panther. I have it down to a science now, where I can get to the boss without aggroing anything else (for maximum laziness).

Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    ...yourself to do that again after so many many tries failed?I know this is all rng, but you know that feeling after xxx kills mount still not drop.I know if you will try try and try one day mount will PROLLY drop, but how you overcome that feeling when you see mount still not drop?

thx in advance and cheers...xD!!!
    What motivates me is to have one of the best mount collections in the world, I'm currently sitting on 341 mounts and I will farm every mount relentlessly until I have it.

I have levelled countless alts just to farm raid bosses to the point now I only need one raid mount.

I just keep telling myself it will drop, just this weekend both Elegon and Ji-kun mounts dropped so with renewed vigour I will start my final raid mount farm...Horridon

Deleted
    There was a time when I had a mount drop each week I remember getting Invincible and TLPD at the same day now I'm getting punished for that huge luck while farming the Sha of Anger and Elegon BUT I always remember my days of glory and the feeling I had back then and they encourage me to keep on farming for these two mighty dragons!

try it for a while. when you get the feeling its not fun but feels like work, stop it. simple as that.

even when i understand the feeling of "hunt and collect" things and the "completionist behaviour", so nontheless its damn boring stupid gane content, and the reward is 1 more mount of 300 ? 400 ? and thats stupid.

if the collection itself would be more rare, and if blizz hadnt pumped up endless mounts into game, i could better understand. but many people also have your rare mount, and besides that, there are so many mounts nowadays, that your rare mount is lost in them.

when i pull out invisible or the soo myth mount in a pug, 3-5 of 20 ppl next to me pull them out also. the times of "look at him, he has the xxx mount" or sitting in OG/SW on your mount in front of bank, because its something special, are over. the only thing left is the completionist thing itself.

my oppinion: hunting mounts today is wasted time and wasted brain fuck. there are just too many and its not that special that this shit is worth it.

ps: i think in warlords mount farming has get a second revival. becauuse its "content"
    Last edited by Niwes; 2015-11-02 at 09:30 AM.

Deleted
    I am stubborn and i don't want all the time spent inside those old raids to be completely wasted. + outside of raids i don't really have much to do.

Deleted
    It would help if there was some kind of bad luck protection put in place.

For example: a boss with 1% drop rate to have a guaranteed drop after 100 tries.
    Or a system that increases your drop rate with every consecutive failed attempt (for example a 0.5 % increase after every failed attempt, which would guarantee a drop after 200 tries, but would also increase the drop chance, making it very probable to get it earlier (after 100 tries you are above 50% rate for a 1% mount))

I am all in favor of having to do some effort to get a rare mount, but farming for over 8 years is just stupid.
    I think the maximum should be 2 years for a raid mount with 2% drop rate and 6 months for a dungeon drop.

If you use an alt so you can just enter raid and kill the boss that drops the mount that helps so much to keep at it instead of clearing the instance.

Here is my list since last Dec that I've been farming on 6-10 toons every week. It'll happen. I'm up to 50 on Baron mount and around 70 on UP Proto drake. All my alts are sitting outside UP minus my rogue who runs Strath.

12/18/14 Grand Black War Mammonth
    2/10/15 Ashes of Al'ar
    6/16/15 Fiery Warhouse's Reins
    7/15/15 Mimiron's Head
    9/14/15 Invincible's Reins
    Voidtalon somewhere around here
    10/13/15 Armored Razzashi Raptor
    10/13/15 Reins of the Blazing Drake
    10/13/15 Reins of the Astral Cloud Serpent
    10/29/15 Reins of the Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent
    10/31/15 Riding Turtle
    11/01/15 Reins of the Drake of the North Wind
    11/02/15 Reins of the Phosphorescent Stone Drake
    11/02/15 Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake
    11/03/15 Experiment 12-B

Deleted
    Runs take like 15 mins tops (for me).
    I do em on 4 alts. All runs yield a few hundred if not a thousand gold.
    I never farm more than 2 raids (in the past dungeons) at a time.
    So 1h a week, maybe 2. Keeps you sane.
    Also with 4 people running, it will take you aprox 25 clears, which is very doable. (and often for me it was WAY less than that).
    25 yog and ICC are the last ones out of all the raids.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, just hope for another shot at it anways, rng is rng.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Stopped farming them. There are too many of them. Last time I farmed them I got 250, which was at the end of MoP.

In old times when there were only 2-3 rare mounts per expansion, it made sense to try to farm them. Now that there are dozens of them I just don't have a will to farm anything.

Things like rare mounts are good in moderation. Blizzard went overboard with mounts and most of them are lazy reskins of each other.
    This, and also... I got burned by the whole Sha of Anger debacle. I joined groups for that stupid mount on 6 characters per week for months, only to find out that "oh hey we forgot to put it into the loot table... oops". It killed my desire to farm world bosses for mounts, pretty much forever. Even though it got fixed, and even though intellectually I know that the other mounts drop because I have seen people with those mounts, I just feel like it's time thrown in the garbage now. I tried for 8 years to get Rivendare's charger, and finally gave up in 2014.

I just stick with the rep grinds where I know I'll eventually be able to buy the mount, and bosses/achievements with reward mounts anytime they add those. I have a few TCG mounts I've gotten for good prices off the AH. You can get the mount achievements without farming up the ultra-rares.