Concept Wishlist: A Compilation of Features Ideas

Hello Everyone,

I'm here to humble present a set of ideas I've been working on for some time in order to improve the game that we all love. This is not a Expac Concept like Reign/Eye of Azshara and other similar projects. This is a compilation of features and overhauls that could improve our experience and could be used in any expansion.

The reason I decided to put this together is because I see no other threads brainstorming, except the ones with actual expac concepts. Im just here to share some ideas, get feedback and see what has potential or not and hopefully, maybe something from here could be actually used some time. I advise that English is not my first language, so please, be kind on this subject.

Without further delong, let's have some look at some cool stuff we could have eventually: Im basing my ideas in a scenario post-Legion.

- SYSTEM CHANGES -

CLASS DE-HOMOGENIZATION

The team felt that class de-homogenization was a great approach in Legion, so they are expanding the concept to the talent trees. The goal here is to offer more and more talents per spec per row, rather than a generic tree. Think like the talents that change when you change specs, we want more of those.

So, as time and concepts come, we will be introducing this new spec-only talents in order to help classes specs to feel completely different.
    The team also realizes that Shaman needs considerable help and are actively working on adressing its issues.

Artifacts are a cool concept, the team is looking foward to expand the system and make it more appeling, since you already have them, it makes no sense returning them now. So we will be constantly adding new skins and versions in a regular cadence to make it more variable.

PROFESSIONS:

The team feels that the current version of the profession system is vastly outdated and opted for a total reboot of the feature. You will lose nothing of your recipes, and the leveling will be something different, Ill explain how it could work here:

You no longer have skills points on a profession, instead, you have 3 Levels of Knowledge. We feel that it makes no sense to keep adding numbers just to get new recipes and we could do much better, without all the grind and without all the gating, so thats how it works:

Level 1: Apprendice: All your previous and non-more relevant recipes will fall into this category. This will allow us to constantly add new recipes over expacs without sacrificing anything. There also gonna be some relevant entry expansion recipes on this level.

Level 2: Artisan: Here lies all the rare and relevant recipes you can make, Blue gear for entry max-level and dungeons.

Level 3: Master: Here is where the goodies are. When you reach this level, you can learn any recipe from your profession. This is where the epics and the most relevant gear will find their place. The goal here is not having you to grind skillups, and more hunt recipes for your profession.

But how do I level? Its simple. Every level will require simple crafting.
    You can go from level 1 to 2 crafting 10 entry expac gear.
    You can go from 2 to 3 by crafting 15 blues from level 2.

This also makes changing professions much more acessible, since grinding 800 points can be very frustrating and time consuming. Its important to notice here too that gathering will no longer have points or levels. If you are a Miner, you can mine. If you are an herbalist, you can harvest your herbs. The team felt that theres no need to gate this kind of activity. (You'll still need a mining pick though)

Then, at level 3, you can specialize you profession (much like BC did, but without all the walls it imposed) More on that later!

Professions now also have Perks again, but to avoid the stacking festival, we are limiting the perks to 2. Each profession has its own and it can be selled, but they are limited to 2 and they power is equivalent between professions. There are also more variants per profession.

ITEMIZATION AND JEWELCRAFTING

The team like how tertiary stats work out and are looking foward to expand the system a little bit. However, putting sockets as tertiary stat made Jewelcrafting really pale in compared to other professions. So our plan is to bring sockets back, but with less impact it had until MoP.

Sockets are now normalized, not tertiary anymore. But all sockets will be prismatic and the gems will continue to be only to secondary stats; also, the amount of sockets has been reduced compared to what we had on previous expacs. That means there will be no bonus for socketing "right colors" too.

Meta gems are in discussion. Since they add too much power to a player. Still, the team doesnt want to cripple the profession and think socketing in general is fun, it was just too much and then cutted too much, we trying to find a decent balance.

The team now is happy in how the new secondary stats worked out, except for multistriking, that is being replaced by Surge. The team is trying to give a more reliabe stat without hurting the power multistrike brought to the table, so the new stat is somehow similar.

Surge: Your abilities have X% chance to empower you 0s for +Y% damage or healing. We are trying to tune it better than just having minor versions of everything flying around and a lot of numbers on the screen. This is more stable and can be tuned better. It also scales with the damage will do, so the more damage you're pulling, the higher your surge will be!

CUSTOMIZATION - NOT EVERYONE IS OR FIGHT THE SAME

The team is happy to announce that more class acessories and more race customizations are finally here! Brown orcs, Wildhammer Dwarves, amoung with lots of other sub-races and customizations are now avaliable. Class acessories will be displayed in a special slot, along with the new 3D armor upgrade!

We are also working in a system where you can choose the size of your weapons and your animations. The current plan is for the player to go to the "combat trainer" and choose one race (horde/alliance irrelevant) to be his set of combat animations. The same thing can be applied to weapons size, allowing even more customization than ever. SO, if you like a race but dont like how this animations or sizes are, you can replace them, creating more variants among the races!
    Last edited by Musta; 2015-08-27 at 07:34 PM.

Hell no.
    Go away.
    This is bad.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I have lot more to share, just need time to write everything down Feedback and ideas are appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Hell no.
    Go away.
    This is bad.
    care to elaborate?

I can agree with more races becoming Demon Hunters in the future, BUT: These new Demon Hunters would need to start at level 1, as they weren't there for the actual DH starter zone, which is right after Illidan sends them away from the BT in BC.

I Like more race/class combos if they make sense, BUT: I wouldn't ever want to see Tauren rogues or Goblin Paladins.
    - RIP Notorius Thugz - Miss you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    I have lot more to share, just need time to write everything down Feedback and ideas are appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

care to elaborate?
    Illidan will be redeemed. Thats the whole point of him coming back.
    There is no such thing as a draenei warlocks

that bad huh?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jmills View Post
    I can agree with more races becoming Demon Hunters in the future, BUT: These new Demon Hunters would need to start at level 1, as they weren't there for the actual DH starter zone, which is right after Illidan sends them away from the BT in BC.

I Like more race/class combos if they make sense, BUT: I wouldn't ever want to see Tauren rogues or Goblin Paladins.
    its just the ones I listed. And its only ideas so far. Some people really dislike draenei locks despite their existance. Also, create new lore and new things is better than recycling forever. Im just throwing ideas in the wind. Not doing some complete non-sense stupid stuff. At least im trying not to. Feel free to feedback everything, theres a lot there, not just classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Illidan will be redeemed. Thats the whole point of him coming back.
    There is no such thing as a draenei warlocks
    Theres no evidence of both your statements and since this is just some brainstorming, I dont understand the rage.

Don't really know why Draenei need warlocks to begin with. Would rather have Gnome Hunters and Worgen Shamans first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

edit: I didn't read the OT.

Evryone only cares for the class changes i propose? what about the rest of the stuff?

7+ Year Old Account
    The main problem with Surge is that its value is completely dependent on also having a lot of crit. Having a stat require another stat isn't very fun. If you have a ton of surge and 0 crit, you have a ton of a wasted stat.
    disco inferno

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Don't really know why Draenei need warlocks to begin with. Would rather have Gnome Hunters and Worgen Shamans first.
    Gnome hunters is a give. Theres no reason to keep them from being one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vulena View Post
    The main problem with Surge is that its value is completely dependent on also having a lot of crit. Having a stat require another stat isn't very fun. If you have a ton of surge and 0 crit, you have a ton of a wasted stat.
    The idea is not needing crit at all. Just increase the total damage of an ability. TBH Crit, and multi are very similar. Its just more damage/healing. You can have 40% chance to get 30% extra damage with surge. (random numbers) But I agree its not very interesting. MS isnt either, need to come with a better idea.

- - - Updated - - -

I think i have a better ideia

- - - Updated - - -

gonna update there
    Last edited by Musta; 2015-08-27 at 04:17 PM.

Multistrikes are just minicrits which isn't too exciting, but surge doesn't sound any better. I'd be happy with JC if say necks and rings always had sockets, while it was a random proc on anything else. Don't care for any of the other ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    Multistrikes are just minicrits which isn't too exciting, but surge doesn't sound any better. I'd be happy with JC if say necks and rings always had sockets, while it was a random proc on anything else. Don't care for any of the other ideas.
    updated how Surge might work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Flying combat (Combat while in flight).

This would bring meaning back in to flying. Take the reins of your trusted partner in the skies, as you both set out above the clouds in joust for your faction, or war for your people. This would give the flight WAY more purpose than just convenience.

Should come with a selection bar, 2-3 Mount abilities and 2-3 special selected abilities (Flying Mount Talent Tree), and added to, 2-3 player abilities (Selection of ability of own choice, to merge with abilities of the mount).
    I wanna add something, OP.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I wanna add something, OP.
    can't we just have flying at max level?

that bad huh?

- - - Updated - - -

its just the ones I listed. And its only ideas so far. Some people really dislike draenei locks despite their existance. Also, create new lore and new things is better than recycling forever. Im just throwing ideas in the wind. Not doing some complete non-sense stupid stuff. At least im trying not to. Feel free to feedback everything, theres a lot there, not just classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Theres no evidence of both your statements and since this is just some brainstorming, I dont understand the rage.
    Blizzard has stated since cata that if illidan came back it would be with a redemption story
    Draenei are a faction of pure eredar that follow the light and life. They hate warlocks with a passion

10+ Year Old Account
    can't we just have flying at max level?
    That is what Combat in flight requires, yes. I was talking about having a use for it, other than convenience.. you know.. give it an actual purpose.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I removed the class ideas because its causing rage
    Last edited by Musta; 2015-08-27 at 07:39 PM.