Mage Trinket Help

I finally acquired Heroic Tome, I know it's a dps increase, SimC has it about 4k over the ilvl 700 BRF Mythic Trinket I replaced, and I know that I should now be weaving frostbolts in to maximize the trinket, but I find when I do weave frostbolts, I'll have waterjet or Frozen orb up while I'm still trying to get rid of my FoF procs while weaving. It feels.. clunky in how I'm doing it. I tried doing Frostbolt then immediately FoF x2 to try to counteract this, but I still find myself sitting on an unused waterjet or Frozen Orb getting rid of my FoF while weaving frostbolts. Can anyone add anything to this or what I'm doing incorrectly or any other pointers?

Do you have 4pc? with 4 stacks you shouldn't have any real concerns other than the occasional FO into a huge add pack.
    And you'll be thankful if you do keeps stacks high when RNG goes against you, and you quickly find yourself throwing just FB's with nothing to help get FoF charges back

Yes, I have my 4pc, and I have experienced what you say and at times been glad with all the extra stacks. It just feels like I'm not doing as much dps as I used to or could do.

A log might help show any underlying issues perhaps not related to your gear

what's most important is that you try to reduce the ammount of FoF proc's lost when at 4 stack's by always casting lance at 3-4 stacks without a FB if you have orb going. other than that keep at 3-4 stacks during WJ to have plenty for the WJ downtime and remember that a non-buffed FoF lance is better than wasting a FoF proc cuz you had too many already.
    and make sure to use WJ and FO on CD, and try to plan for them by getting down to 1 FoF. it is viable to spam FoF lance if you have WJ+FO ready right when you hit 1FoF stack.
    if that diddent make sence just keep WJ and FO on CD at all cost!

Quote Originally Posted by denzildk View Post
    what's most important is that you try to reduce the ammount of FoF proc's lost when at 4 stack's by always casting lance at 3-4 stacks without a FB if you have orb going. other than that keep at 3-4 stacks during WJ to have plenty for the WJ downtime and remember that a non-buffed FoF lance is better than wasting a FoF proc cuz you had too many already.
    and make sure to use WJ and FO on CD, and try to plan for them by getting down to 1 FoF. it is viable to spam FoF lance if you have WJ+FO ready right when you hit 1FoF stack.
    if that diddent make sence just keep WJ and FO on CD at all cost!

I don't agree, you should never cast IL without weaving when you got the class trinket (exceptions may be made when there is a huge add pack and you got PoF proc up)
    Throwing away one FoF stack without weaving because you might get RNG and get another FoF from a FB is not viable, that's just wasting good stacks.

But the thing about frost is you always wanna have 3-4 FoF stacks at all time and keep weaving. And for ST / Cleave fights you should never waste FoF stacks without weaving, Unless your stacks are about to run out and you wont have time to cast FB first, then you can dump FoF.

Quote Originally Posted by denzildk View Post
    and remember that a non-buffed FoF lance is better than wasting a FoF proc cuz you had too many already.
    You would rather take the risk of wasting one or two FoF stacks by keeping yourself at 4 stacks during WJ than casting an unbuffed FoF and not get it back by RNG.

OP: You mentioned sitting on unused WJ, lets say that you have 4 FoF when WJ comes back from CD, you should still pop WJ to keep those 4 stacks up for the longest time possible. Like i mentioned above, as frost you should always strive to have max FoF stacks, and you should never cast a unbuffed one unless FoF timer is running out.

Example opener: FB at ~2sec pull timer - WJ ~1 sec pull timer, after first FB, pop Icy Veins, spam FB to get 4 stacks and then start weaving, dump FFB whenever you get 2 stacks / Leg ring is about to run out, (whenever WJ is not up, you should dump FFB after each IL no matter how many stacks).
    You don't wanna cast FFB with only 1 stack during WJ because you wanna maximize your FoF stacks during WJ with weaving.

As soon as WJ is done, go down to -3 FoF stacks, pop FO and keep weaving, if your lucky you'll have 3-4 stacks until next WJ comes back, pop it immediately and keep weaving.

And repeat.

Thanks for the information about this issue. I just got my trinket and I was wondering about rotation. My only question is which tier 5, 6, and 7 talents should we use? I mostly use FN, IF, and TV. Any recommendations for single target and multi target?

Deleted
    With 4pc and Tome enchant/gem haste and take UM. Its slighlty moe dmg and it frees up your GCDs for more weaving.
    At T6 take IF or RoP based on personal preference and fihtmovement (most of the time it will be IF). RoP is slighlty stronger but only if u dont have to recast it all the time and if u stand in it for nearly all the time.
    T7: TV for multitarget, PC for singletarget. If u dont like PC you can take TV. CmS is not that far behind singletarget but i wouldn't recommend it because you come again to the point that you swim in procs and you need another GCD for CmS. Passives are far more nicely with all the weaving.