Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    There is so much to be happy about with how they are doing companions. I don't have to worry about their itemization, I can dress them however I like and I can still bring any companion I want.. I really can't ask for anything more in regards to companions, but this is the change that has me the most pleased.

I always hated having to drag Quinn around wherever I went on my warrior just because I liked having a healer. I hate Quinn and every time he speaks I get irritated by him. This applies to other characters as well (Khem will always be a loyal servant of my sorc whether he likes it or not muahaha) but my the warrior will be the biggest improvement for me personally. GTFO Quinn.
    Yeah I just constantly heal myself after every battle. i prefer a dark sided Jaesa over anyone else.

Talking last night we came up with another thing we hope changes for companions.

How you give them gifts and it's long cooldown.

It needs to be changed to the cooldown similar to using decorations. As fast as you can click them. What it is now is just to long when you're clicking through 50+ low level gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Talking last night we came up with another thing we hope changes for companions.

How you give them gifts and it's long cooldown.

It needs to be changed to the cooldown similar to using decorations. As fast as you can click them. What it is now is just to long when you're clicking through 50+ low level gifts.
    They need to do this in general, TBH. But I get why they have a cooldown in place, prevents the servers from being spammed with information so it makes it more reliable to keep track of.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They need to do this in general, TBH. But I get why they have a cooldown in place, prevents the servers from being spammed with information so it makes it more reliable to keep track of.
    I get the spammed part when it come sto certain things but like I mentioned: Decorations. You can click those as fast as you're able to click your mouse. No cool down, how fast can you go.

Not sure why companion gifts can't be the same way. It's a simple tracking of numbers. If they can pull that off for decoration not sure why it's not possible for companion gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I get the spammed part when it come sto certain things but like I mentioned: Decorations. You can click those as fast as you're able to click your mouse. No cool down, how fast can you go.

Not sure why companion gifts can't be the same way. It's a simple tracking of numbers. If they can pull that off for decoration not sure why it's not possible for companion gifts.
    Likely because of the way those databases are built and how the interact with the rest of the game. Remember, housing is its own instance, it's likely built specifically to allow spam clicking like that because it's not directly interacting with the rest of the game. Companions aren't, they need to interact with the entire rest of the game and are likely built with less advanced tech given the improvements that appear to have been made to the game and its engine since launch.

Quote Originally Posted by OhpUldum View Post
    Yeah I just constantly heal myself after every battle. i prefer a dark sided Jaesa over anyone else.
    Dark-side Jaesa is my favorite companion as well. She is everything that my sorc had hoped Ashara would become.

Likely because of the way those databases are built and how the interact with the rest of the game. Remember, housing is its own instance, it's likely built specifically to allow spam clicking like that because it's not directly interacting with the rest of the game. Companions aren't, they need to interact with the entire rest of the game and are likely built with less advanced tech given the improvements that appear to have been made to the game and its engine since launch.
    We thought of that too which now would make a great time to make the change with all the companion changes and adjustments to affection (AKA influence)

It's a change that should be made even if they don't actually do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark-side Jaesa is my favorite companion as well. She is everything that my sorc had hoped Ashara would become.
    REALLY should have been able to make her Dark Side. Oh well. At least we have Xalek. He's pretty chill.

I just finished the Ashara affection the other day, and I kind of see what Bioware was aiming for. They were aiming for Palpatine seducing Anakin Skywalker, slowly corrupting someone who still thought of themselves as good. I don't think they were entirely successful though.

#data_mining

- All new Followers have profession bonuses of 5-10 Mission Efficiency, and Crafting Critical of 1 (see spoiler section below for specifics). Existing followers have retained their profession bonuses.

- Influence replaces affection.

- Companions do not gain any stat bonuses from equipment! They instead gain stats based on your Influence with them.

- All companions appear to have their combat role selected from a dropdown. This means that every companion appears to be capable of healing, tanking, or pew-pewing.

I just spent some time leveling the affection of every companion to max. (AKA 10K) One to get the achievement as I also completed every companion story and 2, as we go into the new expansion I wanted the toons to be maxed anyway. Some I had just been putting off.

Now here is the is my current "wonder what will happen" kind of thing.

While it's just rumor. Affection/Influence will go to about 250K

Does that mean if you have max affection you have 240K to go come the expansion?
    Does it mean you will get some kind of % bonus to influence when we change to that based on what you start with?
    Will 10K affection be converted differently into the new Influence number?
    No matter what, Any level of affection will have to make companions effective in the expansion since they no longer get stats from gear. How effective will 10K affection going into the expansion be VS someone that has only 2K. Will we get this base level and old affection boost from that?

For some reason I'm very interested in how this will get changed.

Goodbye Quinn, hello new and hopefully less annoying healing companion, Jaesa Should've been a healer anyway in my opinion with her force powers. Wonder if we can change alignment for certain companions, at least it makes sense for the Inquisitor sentinel companion to align her faith and believes with her master now that Republic and Empire have fallen from grace, vice versa for Lord Scourge. So, we're unable to get rid of certain companions in game, but rather we have a cut scene in the story where presumably you kill them or tell them to GTFO and literally straight after that they are back at your side afterwards? If that's the case, choice went out the window. just let me kill Broonmark already. : D

Heh, Treek... I bought her when she was on 50% sale in the cartel shop... And I use her pretty much only for crafting. I absolutely cannot stant the constant endless gibberish yelling that she does, all the time. After a few minutes I wanted to punch her through the monitor.
    My main was a Mercenary Bodyguard that used Blizz.... the endless yammering was normal for me. Though a Jawa with a Rocket Launcher is just fuckin awesome, so I learned to deal with the constant jib jab.

wait so no current companions in the KotFE story? :/.

I think we will have new companions or new stories for the old ones.

wait so no current companions in the KotFE story? :/
    Not at the start. Without giving too many spoilers... your character has been out of it for the last few years, so your companions had to go off and do their own thing for a while. Part of KotFE is to go out and find your companions (some of them anyway, if not all) and discover new ones along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Not at the start. Without giving too many spoilers... your character has been out of it for the last few years, so your companions had to go off and do their own thing for a while. Part of KotFE is to go out and find your companions (some of them anyway, if not all) and discover new ones along the way.
    oh, yeah me likey.

Will changing the companions' roles change their combat abilities in thematically appropriate ways? For example, IIRC there are no force-healer companions currently. If you change a force using companion to healer mode, are they going to start using tech powers to heal?

I hate that I'm getting mildly hyped for this expansion. It seems like, purely geared towards a filthy casual like me.
    I subbed just in time to get the BH and then only logged in like 3-4 times since. I cancelled my sub two nights ago, cuz... you know, i'd only logged in a few times in 2 months. NOW... I kinda want to resub.

I'm not sure how I feel about this all roles shit, cuz it is kinda stupid, but hella fucking useful! I love being a shadow tank with DPS Nadia, but if she can "master, I've been thinking..." and wants to be my heal bot... I kinda like it. Also, making Khem Val my healer would be delicious. It just feels like some companions shouldn't be some roles. I can't see assnut Quinn being a tank. I do like that we aren't losing anyone. That was my main fear, that Nadia would go dark with me not being around to guide her, and her getting in over her head and getting killed.

The scaling thing is really damn handy as well. Nothing worse than Kaliyo going off for some reason and having to scramble to try and gear up robot girl cuz you didn't gear up ANY of your other companions.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

So any comp can be any role now? tank, dps or healer? took them long enough :P