Poll: Would you like to see two starting zones in expansions?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you think WoW will ever do a "two starting area" expansion again?

So in Wrath, players were given a choice to start in Howling Fjord or Borean Tundra. In Cataclysm, players could choose between Hyjal or Vashjir (although Hyjal was preferable for a couple of reasons). We didn't get that in MoP, and in WoD Horde and Alliance got their own starting zones. Legion looks to be that everyone starts on the Broken Shores.

Would you like to see an expansion with two starting zones for you to pick again? I know I would.

I like starting all in the same zone. Jade Forest was super fun because you were always running into the opposing faction and wpvp happened a lot in the early few days of the xpac.
    - RIP Notorius Thugz - Miss you guys

Didn't they state that the Broken Shore is the pre expansion event? If that is the case then im not really sure what the actual starting zone is

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    So in Wrath, players were given a choice to start in Howling Fjord or Borean Tundra. In Cataclysm, players could choose between Hyjal or Vashjir (although Hyjal was preferable for a couple of reasons). We didn't get that in MoP, and in WoD Horde and Alliance got their own starting zones. Legion looks to be that everyone starts on the Broken Shores.

Would you like to see an expansion with two starting zones for you to pick again? I know I would.
    We didn't get it in MoP, but we got it later on. As we could go Kun Lai or Krasarang Wilds.

Though, wouldn't mind a little choice. Then again. Hated borean tundra, LOVED Vashj'ir (except when it came to quests).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Blizzard is too keen on saving development resources.

Thats a real problem.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would, of course, like more options for the way I play the game.

However, I'd rather quest in one single amazing zone from 100-110 then have a plethora of broken, half-done options.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they are planning on making shorter expansions, then I'd imagine everyone starts in the same zone.

That sounds awfully like work so can't see it happening again.

I voted no, but I hope I'm just cynical. I would love more options to quest in, one zone per level range is lame.

I'm fine with either now that I'm on a PVE server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmills View Post
    I like starting all in the same zone. Jade Forest was super fun because you were always running into the opposing faction and wpvp happened a lot in the early few days of the xpac.
    As an Alliance on Kil'jaeden-US, this ruined Jade Forest for me. Corpsewalking to NPCs to get your quests because a handful of people had already leveled past it and were now camping and killing lowbies the moment they approached it just really sucked those first few days. Had a Shadow Priest dot me the moment I got to Kun'lai and stayed there so long I basically had to stop using that character for a while.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

15+ Year Old Account
    More choice is always good. MOP had a lot less replayability because every character you levelled had the same spread of zones. In Wrath and even to some extent Cata, there was more choice. I could go to Dragonblight right away when I hit 71, or I could stick in Howling Fjord until I was 73/74 and skip Dragonblight entirely. There was a lot more overlap between the zones and their levels in Wrath and TBC, and it made levelling alts more interesting.

I don't think we'll ever see this level of flexibility again, but I'd sure like to.

Sig by Isilrien

It would be nice but I doubt it. Its cheaper to make one

Deleted
    1 zone: All start the same place wich means we have to wait for mobs ro spawn, lag etc, but it also means World pvp and that the area are alive...

I would like for more questing options, sure. I thought Wrath and Cata did that part right. You could always choose from between zones as you progressed.

Blizzard sacrifices everything for the sake of development speed.

SO no

Which is odd considering by their own admission wow's team is bigger than it has ever been, yet they released the most content free expansion to date. odd
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    I'd like to see more than two starting zones.

I'd like to see Wrath levels of choice and overlap between zones allowing a load of paths and choices again. Calling MoP's choice of Krasarang and Valley or Cata's Vashjir/Hyjal a choice, when there were previously choices at every step and in between, is almost insulting and one of the reasons I quit.

All that said, no. I doubt it will happen. Blizzard is too interested in streamlining the expansion/content process to put any kind of large amounts of variety in anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see two starting zones aswell, makes leveling alts a hella lot more fun
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

After the WoD launch disaster they should be clambering to do it again. Funneling everyone into one place has always went pear shaped for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe one day, but for now I think they like the 1 zone per level or few level.

I don't think we'll see two x-faction starting areas again, might cost us a rai... ahem, too many resources would need to be put into making two (OMG) lines of quests for each faction.

Both two non-x-faction starting areas and one single x-faction starting area get boring at a very fast pace.