Question Which trinkets should I be using?

As Destro which of the 3 trinkets I have should I be using?

Fragment of the dark star (705)
    Desecrated shadowmoon insignia (WF 696)
    Chipped soul prism (705)

thanks
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Deleted
    The fragment is awful for destro, use the other two until you can replace soul prism for iskar's trink or a 6/6 sandman pouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Grulthrek View Post
    The fragment is awful for destro, use the other two until you can replace soul prism for iskar's trink or a 6/6 sandman pouch.
    What now?

If you can manage the debuff uptime, normal fragment is equivalent to having over 80% of the crit that you would get from a GSR proc, permanently. There are of course fights where you won't be able to keep the debuff on the main target, which devalues the fragment in those situations.

Certainly won't say it's awful though.

Fragment is not awful for destro if the fight is single target and you have the skill-cap to maintain the debuff on your target, fights like Gorefiend and Kilrogg even Iskar the class trinket is very very good. Again as long as you can maintain the debuff, if you find that you struggle with that, I would recommend using DSI, and Prism for now. If you can obtain a Mythic Goren Soul Repository, or any trinket with a lot of base intellect or mastery on it I'd roll that as your second trinket.

Have any of the guys defending fragment actually tried playing with it? Incinerate's travel time is so long, you literally lose the debuff if you have to switch targets for about 4 seconds. Fragment is only really worth being used on Gorefiend if the adds are getting shredded, Fel lord, and iskar. Besides those fights I'd say a mythic GSR+DSI is the way to go. Theoretically, fragment is BiS by quite a bit on all fights, but in practice it's not really as great, and it's such a hassle and a pain in the ass to deal with. Now if the debuff was 15 seconds long, or it was a self buff, this would be a whole different conversation. :d
    Last edited by Valq; 2015-08-28 at 01:48 AM.

It's not hard to account for travel time.

The trinket is fine as long as you remain aware of your stacks, though there are of course some bosses where it just isn't feasible to maintain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Firespark View Post
    It's not hard to account for travel time.

The trinket is fine as long as you remain aware of your stacks, though there are of course some bosses where it just isn't feasible to maintain it.
    Yeah, most fights on mythic kinda require you to be switching to adds and destroying them pretty fast, fragment sucks at that. If you're playing HC/Normal, sure, knock yourself out with it.

After asking this question I saw this on Icy Veins:

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/destruc...t-best-in-slot

how accurate is that? I assume it's a single target patchwerk fight simulation?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    I assume it's a single target patchwerk fight simulation?
    Yes. The sim sometimes plays like a mongoloid, but nonetheless it's an okay indication. I also think Sandman's pouch is hugely overvalued in comparison to GSR. For the trinkets that you listed, I would use DSI+CSP wherever you find it difficult to maintain 4-5 stacks of the debuff on your primary target.

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Yes. The sim sometimes plays like a mongoloid, but nonetheless it's an okay indication. I also think Sandman's pouch is hugely overvalued in comparison to GSR. For the trinkets that you listed, I would use DSI+CSP wherever you find it difficult to maintain 4-5 stacks of the debuff on your primary target.
    GSR's double trinket proc + ring on pull > CSP. Just sayin':d

Quote Originally Posted by Valq View Post
    GSR's double trinket proc + ring on pull > CSP. Just sayin':d
    Yeah, but OP doesn't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Yeah, but OP doesn't have one.
    Totally didn't see that was OP again. My bad.

OT: what Strider said, use CSP+DSI until you can get your hands on a mythic GSR.