Thread: Aggro in TGT

Deleted

Aggro in TGT

Anyone played a lot of agressive decks since TGT?

I can't win anything with mine now. Had a quest to win 5 games as mage so i tried to do that with GvG mech mage cos i don't normally play any mage decks and I got crushed pretty hard.

Not that I'm unhappy about it as I don't like games ending on turn 7. Most of my decks were designed to make aggro players cry though. My control priest isn't very good atm, as it was tuned to deal with a ton of weak shit. The only deck that I managed to score a decent win rate atm is control warrior.

Yes!! Muuahahahaha, finally death to the aggro meta!!

Seriously though, the new set released a lot of anti aggro cards. I would expect it to be rough going on the aggro/face front for a few weeks at least.
    CPU: Intel i7 3770K Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO GPU: 2X Asus GTX 770 OC SLI Heatsink: Hyper 212 EVO RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1600mhz SSD: 120Gb Samsung 840 EVO HDD: WD 2tb Caviar Black PSU: Corsair HX850 Case: CM HAF 932 Advanced

Deleted
    Haven't seen any Face Hunters around yet. Midrange Hunters yes, but straight Face Hunters no. I am also seeing a lot of people teching against aggro with some new cards and even a super anti-face priest with all the heals in the world, Pyros, Deathlords and a crapton of other taunts.

Deleted
    Who knows, maybe we'll finally see some of the old hunter legendary cards being included in their decks. Currently lots of midrange hunters with lots of 4,5,6 cost minions. Ghazrilla could be devastating if you could get it to live for a turn and then combo it with mad bombers or arcane shot. It doesn't die to BGH unless attacked at least once, maybe mech hunter with ghazrilla and conceal it with spare part?

Didnt see any so far...well some zoolocks and some facehunters, but they werent as succesful as before. Met still some grim patron warriors tho...

I hope they die out too, this deck is a shame for hearthstone.
    Last edited by PPN; 2015-08-27 at 10:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Didnt see any so far...but i still met some patron warriors.

I hope they die out too, this deck is a shame for hearthstone.
    Don't get me wrong, I also don't like Patron Warriors, but a deck that performs so well against most decks won't disappear anytime soon. Besides, with all the midrangy decks that have been appearing with TGT Patron will become even stronger because there are so many targets for the Patrons in those decks and they also rely on having board control throughout the whole match.

You just need to look at the decks being played in post-TGT tournments: Grim Patron is everywhere and still smashing faces there.

I've been mostly playing Zoo and Tempo Mage, they're distinctly worse off vs. some of the new decks. We'll see how the meta shapes longer term though, first week is always chaos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aggro and Zoo got a few good new cards, but it seems like a lot of the new decks are teching very heavy vs aggro. We will probably see some more refined aggro decks in a week or so.