Deleted

Is it time to start playing 2 Brawls and/or 2 Whirlwinds in Control Warrior?

So, my main deck is Control Warrior and before TGT my hardest matchup was by far paladin with Zoo following behind, but since paladins weren't as predominant in the meta I was ok with it. TGT came and I see paladin everywhere, with these new token decks including Murlock Knights, Silverhand Regents and Justicar that simply swarm the board every turn with small minions that you run out of ways to clear them eventually. Tirion was always a complication if you didn't get Harrison Jones in time and dealing with Sylvanas without a silence is always painful.

So, I've been thinking, since there is so much paladin around maybe it's time for Control Warriors to play 2x Brawl, maybe 2 Whirlwinds and possibiliy a silence for Tirion and Sylvanas? Faceless Maniputalor also looks like a good tech against Tirion and should improve the matchup that is currently a nightmare. I mean, paladins already run 1 Own in their decks so they usually can deal with your Sylvanas nicely (even if they don't have it, just spamming minions makes it super easy to make Sylvanas deathrattle hit a 1/1).

What do you guys think? Any other Control Warrior out there thinking about teching their deck to improve their win rate against token paladins?

Edit: I found that running Chillmaw with Alex and Ysera helps a bit but maybe it's time to cut Dr. Boom altogether and put Geddon back. I really don't see other ways to improve the matchup.
    Last edited by mmoc9f0bced709; 2015-08-28 at 04:29 AM.

I haven't played control so far this season, but I have seen at least one deck build advising either Geddon or a second Brawl.

I've also noticed that few Warriors run even one WW and as Zoo that allowed me to get away with a lot of stuff! Might be worth taking more of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Brawl fucks both totem shamen and token pallies entirely. Double Brawl is definitely worthwhile (and as a shaman OH LORD DO I HATE DOUBLE BRAWL)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Brawl fucks both totem shamen and token pallies entirely. Double Brawl is definitely worthwhile (and as a shaman OH LORD DO I HATE DOUBLE BRAWL)
    Honestly, I'm not completely sure it does for Paladins. Generating two tokens a turn is such a massive deal that even with two brawls I can see the matchup being unfavored for Control Warrior. I can usually get them to run out of cards while still having ~10 at my disposal (between deck and hand) just due to the sheer power of Justicar. The thing is that with the improved hero power the tokens generate so fast that a second Brawl would probably only remove 1-2 turns worth of tokens. Control warrior is definitely the beatdown in this matchup.
    Last edited by Fluorescent0; 2015-08-28 at 09:37 AM.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760