10+ Year Old Account

Can anet ban for teamsoeak convos?

Apoarently in a TS convo a good friend of mine was participating in what some might consider dirty or "derogatory" talk. Apparently an employee of anet was in chat and warned/threatened them with punishment.

My question is if the program is external and they are communicating in a third party app can anet punish them for that? I do not think so but am asking just in case

Apparently I misheard and was not anet threatening but TS mod.

I blame exhaustion lol.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2015-08-28 at 04:59 PM.

Deleted
    Dont cyber on teamspeak kids.

Use skype.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, you can't regulate what people say outside of your software. That "employee" was full of shit.
    I figured and a SJW nutter(pulked the whoke it's ok you are safe now you don't need to play along anymore schtic)

Outside their own software Anet, Blizzard, Zenimax etc can't do squat about what is said because it is not their software to regulate. Nor can they ban you in their own game for using voice comms for your own use since they don't own em.

10+ Year Old Account
    What would they do on your teamspeak server anyways? This "employee" seems full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    What would they do on your teamspeak server anyways? This "employee" seems full of shit.
    If it is an actual employee then still full of shit. No MMO or games company can intervene with anything said over voice comms unless its their own in game voice comm

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they really scared my friend and her guildies and I figured as much but figured I'd double check
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2015-08-28 at 04:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Are you sure it wasnt a TS server mod modding the TS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Apoarently in a TS convo a good friend of mine(a woman if it matters) was participating in what some might consider dirty or "derogatory" talk. Apparently an employee of anet was in chat and warned/threatened them with punishment.
    All of this is BS.

And OF COURSE Arena.net can not do anything about what people say outside of their software. The question is frankly absurd.

The terms of agreement of WoW say they can ban you for whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    The terms of agreement of WoW say they can ban you for whatever they want.
    I'm sure that the GW2 ToS/EULA have similar wording. Most online games have this kind of phrasing to leave room for them to act in extreme situations if necessary.

But in practice, it almost never happens, especially amongst major Western developers/publishers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can they? Yes, totally, they can.
    Is it possible that they monitor your ts? nope, as a matter of fact there are some people i've met on teamspeak that have speed hacks just for fractals and on ts they pretty much talk about it without any issue whatsoever (always keeping those away from pvp-wvw and any possible interaction with strangers) and nothing has happened to them.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Alternatively, grow up and have civil conversations. Did you know that there are literally millions of things to talk about that don't involved derogatory talk? These are some of the amazing things you learn when you mature.

I call BS. If it was a private server then nobody can do a damn thing about what you say on it and that includes TS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Alternatively, grow up and have civil conversations. Did you know that there are literally millions of things to talk about that don't involved derogatory talk? These are some of the amazing things you learn when you mature.
    Yeah, come on man be politically correct when talking to your friends man, like, even in privacy dont talk derogatives, george orwell would be proud. One of the things you learn when you mature is that every now and then you need to get to chill and not be politically correct about everything in life.

I remember when snowcrash used to work at arenanet and was on AARM teamspeak and i always talked about random stuff that might've gotten me into troubles if he had been a more "srs" dev, i kinda miss Chris, he never got to implement the freaking exploding dolyaks to wvw.
    Last edited by barackopala; 2015-09-01 at 01:33 AM.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35