Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Nope, I am one of the players that can now 'play for free' as I have gold to do so, I don't think the expansion should be buyable for gold, would be nice I suppose, but paying actual money for it is fine and makes sense.

Deleted
    Not sure if its legal, but I usually give my guild mates gold in exchange for them buying the XPac for me. I dont think it would make much of a difference if you could buy the xpac with tokens, so why bother?

Yes!

I made a thread about it earlier.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tter-WoW-Token

tl:dr version: Offer a generic token on the store, then list all automated services (including digital game editions) for gold. The game automatically buys the right number of generic tokens for you off the market.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    LFR justifies the creation of more raid content when millions of players are able to see content. Only a few thousand people actually saw Kel'thuzad, but millions saw Deathwing. The reason Mists of Pandaria is starting with 18 bosses and adding larger raid tiers than we have had previously is because many players are going to see the raids through LFR.
    [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by spdr View Post
    Yes. For those saying no, do you feel like you got your money's worth from WoD?
    That is not relevant, monetary value of entertainment? Most people spend more than the cost of WoD on a single night out, 6-10 hrs. of fun/food/friends. So, what is money's worth of a video game?

OP, the vast majority of players don't keep 100k gold between all their alts (I have only 350k split between factions/realms). So, even *if* it did happen, Bliz will still get the money from most players.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermicious View Post
    Yes, just make it some multiple of WoW tokens. 3x would be fine with me.

The tokens sell for real money from the store, so it's pretty much the same as using them for monthly subscriptions.
    If the expansion costs 60, it would be 4 tokens. Just to keep it in line with using tokens actually ending up being a bonus for Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by spdr View Post
    Yes. For those saying no, do you feel like you got your money's worth from WoD?
    I am indifferent as to it being for gold or not as it doesn't really matter to me. Yes I did get my money's worth from WoD. Reasoning on that? I still put in hundreds of hours of play into the game and enjoyed playing while I did. It was definitely the weakest expansion Blizz has made but it still provided entertainment value for longer than most games of the same price. The extra $15 a month wasn't really much of a bother at first as there was content to play and after tokens became purchasable I've just used those. So, if I'm just paying for the game with cash and gametime with gold It will require ~4 hours of work to pay for an expansion that will yield hundreds of hours of play regardless of it having more content than WoD... that really isn't bad at all. In fact, the only reason I have been buying tokens with gold is because I had a ton of gold stockpiled and little use for it, but in reality it takes 1-2 hours of working even a mediocre paying job to (1/8 or 1/4 of your work day) to pay for an entire month of WoW. It's like what? 1-2% of total monthly income?

Out of curiosity, what's the point of this question?

Should or shouldn't doesn't really matter. Blizzard is going to do what they need to do to net a larger profit. That's how businesses work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, unless you have a few gold caps?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    No but they should give like 50% discount to those who havent unsubbed in WoD

No.

And why wouldn't you just make this a poll if you really wanted to know what people thought?

It'd be nice but I don't see it happening

No, the only thing I would be open for gold that isn't now are mounts. If they made those BoE and sellable I would be perfectly a-ok with them making store mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I do. And if you didn't you should not have bought it or stayed subbed.

If you feel you get less than 50 cents per day worth out of WoW (there are freaking breadrolls who cost more than 50 cents were I live) ...and you have no bigger worries in a day.... you really live a sheltered life
    Wait what? How is one to know if they will get their money out of a game if they never buy it lol... that made me laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it should be? But will they? No...unless they do it like wow tokens where someone buys a digital copy and sells it for gold.

This way they can make money...maybe even more money like they do with the token "coughschemecough" sales so they make even more money off of it while the people buying it seem to think they're cheating blizzard out of their profit.

Selling it straight to the customer for gold...will never ever happen.

Is there any reason why it "should ?".
    No.
    Can there potentially be an extension, into battle.net credit for gold ?
    Yes.

I can't see any immediate reason why it should happen, but that doesn't mean it can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should just let us exchange tokens into battle.net balance. Would make the demand for them much bigger.

should it... probably not.

could it... i don't see why not. it could work exactly like game time where someone can pay $60 or something to sell an "expansion token" for a ton of gold. blizzard still get's their increased cash just like the time tokens and players get it for gold. starting price could just be based of the current game time exchange rate and adjusted for the increased cash amount.

I'll buy it for gold anyway.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you know what the 'market' is? Profit? How businesses function?
    "The nomad's life enthralls me. Its restlessness pursues me: it is as much a part of me as of the sailor. All ports and none are home to him, and all arrivings only a new setting forth" ~ Ella Maillart

sure for 1 million gold.

but really. hell no
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor