Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Should Legion be offered for gold?

Yes, No, Other, Maybe? And if it does, how much should it cost?

Deleted
    no. end of thread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by abald View Post
    no.

Why? /10ch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    No, and why should it be?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

well Id pay up to 300k for it on EU

10+ Year Old Account
    The price in gold would have to be insanely low then - some people do not have those big amounts of gold everyone else does.
    I am gonna go with: No.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. For those saying no, do you feel like you got your money's worth from WoD?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spdr View Post
    I honestly don't care. The money I spend on WoD didn't exactly ruin my budget.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    The gold market price of 3 wow tokens, so 75k ish.

Quote Originally Posted by spdr View Post
    Even if WoD is not as good as MoP, BC or Wrath, I still got more than enough out of my money, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaice View Post
    Lucky you that Tokens are only 25k gold in the US... it's 47k in the EU... and almost 200k if you're Korean. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Novaice View Post
    Yeah, I make that in pvp easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Never

/10
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzel View Post
    I honestly don't care. The money I spend on WoD didn't exactly ruin my budget.
    This. I have payed more for games that have given me way less value than WoD. WoD may have a ton of issues but that doesn't somehow detract from everything before it.
    A game like the Order I paid 60 bucks for and it lasted me a weekend.

So no. It should not be offered for gold because honestly how many people have enough gold laying around to buy it that way? Unless they only charged like 30k for it. Then what would even be the point?

Just because some people have hundreds of thousands of gold doesn't mean everyone does. It would be way too niche of a market.

Probably. IMO all paid for services should be offered for gems or some other currency that can be bought for gold. Guild Wars 2 did this and it works pretty well, even if I didn't like the actual game.

Subs, server transfers, race changes, pets, mounts, expansions, the lot.

That said, if I'm buying Legion, I'd want a retail box. Seems wrong to not have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    WoD may have a ton of issues but that doesn't somehow detract from everything
    This is it exactly... It's been well worth the $60, if you don't feel that way you should really evaluate how you value things.

No, their monetization method is partially based on the selling of expansions. Selling the expansion for gold would eat into their profits, and work against the massive development costs they've had since work started on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, nor will it. Why should Blizzard give its very successful game away for free?

Deleted
    Can always have a guildy buy it for you in exchange for the gold or something

You guys are missing the point obviously they won't be selling the game for just gold, it'd work like wow tokens do right now where a player can buy it for x more than the box and then sell it through the ingame AH or w/e for gold. I'd be down for that shit, blizzard gets more money while I save it on an expansion I'm most likely gonna get anyways

Remember celestial pony boys, wow token was just the beginning. Here's to hoping they open up more things to be traded for gold!