Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Two problems with that statement:
    There are no problems with my statement. I already prefaced with saying I have no idea why they are using it in their design...like I literally don't even understand why they are doing it...but the idea of what adding an additional dmg to resist in the game is just numbers. Your point number 2 already proves that you understand this, but I don't think you realize it.

Number of gear slots are finite. Number of gear acceptable with all resist are finite. To achieve peak damage efficiency and resist, you would now have a lower overall total of each resist b/c you will use at minimum one slot for a new resist. You see what I mean?

Again, I have no idea why they are saying this is a part of their class design b/c that bit makes no sense to me.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Aygar View Post
    http://media-diablofans.cursecdn.com...o_maladies.png

Ruby Fever is OP. Just run around the Rift Guardian for a minute and he'll drop dead.
    Well, he said in the FAQ he didn't any balancing work on numbers and such, so there may be very OP or UP abilities there. It's more a concept than anything - many many spells are heavily insipred by their D2 counterparts like Teeth, Bone Lance, Bone Spirit, all the skelly evocations, all the golem evocations and so on.

It's not a bad work overall, but adding other stats/damage types/resistances just makes stuff more complicated for nothing since in terms of gameplay the element is based on the skills and not on gear. Also adding another primary stat isn't what i call a good design since it will end being a copy of INT with a different name (like STR and DEX are right now).

I don't see much wrong in it but also nothing worth implementing. Necro can work very well with combination of Cold/Poison/phisical damage, and the animation color can still be black/purple/whatever.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    A second expansion is basically guaranteed, especially considering the ending of Reaper of Souls as well as the amount of sales the game has drawn in since launch. Diablo is basically freed once more and our playable characters will be tempted by power because of their Nephalem birthright that will either make them as mad a Zoltun Kulle or become a force for good in the world. Nothing indicates that Blizzard is done with Diablo 3 and considering how well received the game has got since 2.0 to the latest patch, why would they want to stop now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    A second expansion is basically guaranteed, especially considering the ending of Reaper of Souls as well as the amount of sales the game has drawn in since launch
    http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/4/9097...-million-units

Still no clarification on whether that included RoS or just the base game, but I imagine that's across all systems. Considering the genre, it's a rather impressive feat. People might scoff when comparing it to say GTAV, but 30 million is pretty huge. Even at $10 revenue per game which is massively lowballing, they made 300 million from that game which has a small team compared to say WoW's team.

It also continues to boost their brand via Heroes and merchandising. So while it may not look like the most amazing thing in an isolated lens, it's just a reliable performer for them.
    BAD WOLF

7+ Year Old Account
    It's D3 + RoS on all platforms. It's also 10 millon copies sold in a year.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...e-release.aspx

If there's a team working on an expansion, it's probably mostly art, sound, quest and level design people. So why not have the game mechanics designers polish the live game in the meantime?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's D3 + RoS on all platforms. It's also 10 millon copies sold in a year.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...e-release.aspx
    Well technically we can't assume that it's the same as that figure since that is over a year old, but it's probably the same type of reporting. But in any case it's a solid number and I'm sure they got a couple repurchases when people upgraded to new consoles or switched to consoles. Heck...I've been seriously considering getting it for PS4 since getting one as a surprise.
    BAD WOLF

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Well technically we can't assume that it's the same as that figure since that is over a year old, but it's probably the same type of reporting.
    I think both figures are from Blizzard Q2 report for 2014 and 2015.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think both figures are from Blizzard Q2 report for 2014 and 2015.
    That would make sense...just didn't do my own digging to verify, so I wanted a caveat.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    It's not a bad work overall, but adding other stats/damage types/resistances just makes stuff more complicated for nothing since in terms of gameplay the element is based on the skills and not on gear. Also adding another primary stat isn't what i call a good design since it will end being a copy of INT with a different name (like STR and DEX are right now).

I don't see much wrong in it but also nothing worth implementing. Necro can work very well with combination of Cold/Poison/phisical damage, and the animation color can still be black/purple/whatever.
    Well, it would make it the only class with only three damage types. Which makes the Convention of Elements cycle shorter for them. So the ring would be stronger for this class than for the rest and it's already a strong ring. The end result is almost guaranteed dependency on it, reducing available ring options (most likely with F+R and cuber CoE being the only viable option) and maybe out of hand damage.

And while there is no need for a new primary (and the reason given for it is kinda non-existent with smart loot), the only real difference a new damage type would cause is that it would be a little bit harder to get the correct elemental damage on your bracers and maybe some other items. Resistance can be rolled into poison just fine, just like Arcane and Holy share the resistance.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2015-09-29 at 12:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Again, I have no idea why they are saying this is a part of their class design b/c that bit makes no sense to me.
    Fair enough. To be honest I might just go ask him, there's a FAQ thread on diablofans.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Well, it would make it the only class with only three damage types. Which makes the Convention of Elements cycle shorter for them. So the ring would be stronger for this class than for the rest and it's already a strong ring. The end result is almost guaranteed dependency on it, reducing available ring options (most likely with F+R and cuber CoE being the only viable option) and maybe out of hand damage.
    Well, they can add another damage type like fire or lightining to keep the balance with othe other classes and have a 4 element cycle.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    It would be nice to see a changing world in the expansion or even D4. For example growing camps or towns after you killed boss xy or solved x quests. This could be a start to rebuild the damage that was done by the demons.