Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Recommend me a Phone!

Its about time I got one, but I have NO idea how these things work, so I thought I better ask the internet. Anyone else who wants a phone recommendation please feel free to use this thread, almost like a megathread of sorts.

My Requirements: (Bonus points for Amazon Link!)

1. Cheap. <$50
    2. Pre-paid only. I don't talk much and don't get much money, so I would like to buy minutes as I go. Would use it a lot on WiFi though
    3. Most importantly, it neeeeeds to be able to play Fallout Shelter flawlessly without complicated hacking. Ive tried sooo hard to play this game on a Kindle Fire without success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Its about time I got one, but I have NO idea how these things work, so I thought I better ask the internet. Anyone else who wants a phone recommendation please feel free to use this thread, almost like a megathread of sorts.

1. Cheap. <$50
    2. Pre-paid only. I don't talk much and don't get much money, so I would like to buy minutes as I go. Would use it a lot on WiFi though
    3. Most importantly, it neeeeeds to be able to play Fallout Shelter flawlessly without complicated hacking. Ive tried sooo hard to play this game on a Kindle Fire without success.
    And you expect both of these for <50$? Try again.
    For $50 you are looking at either a flip phone or a 5+ year old model prepaid phone. Hell a S3 is $250 and that is 4 years old. As far as carriers it depends on where you live if you live in a major city that has Sprint you can get Virgin Mobile which is unlimited talk, text, and 1 GB of 3-4g data for $35 a month just wifi is $20 a month. However if you are getting a $50 phone you aren't going to be able to use 4g anyway. Now you can get a Nokia Lumina for around $65 but I'm fairly certain your must have game isn't on the Windows platform. My recommendation is if you are going to have a ridiculously low budget don't put restraints on it. I also hate to be a bearer of bad news but when you use prepaid You pay for the phone and they are usually a few hundred bucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    And you expect both of these for <50$? Try again.
    For $50 you are looking at either a flip phone or a 5+ year old model prepaid phone. Hell a S3 is $250 and that is 4 years old. As far as carriers it depends on where you live if you live in a major city that has Sprint you can get Virgin Mobile which is unlimited talk, text, and 1 GB of 3-4g data for $35 a month just wifi is $20 a month. However if you are getting a $50 phone you aren't going to be able to use 4g anyway. Now you can get a Nokia Lumina for around $65 but I'm fairly certain your must have game isn't on the Windows platform. My recommendation is if you are going to have a ridiculously low budget don't put restraints on it. I also hate to be a bearer of bad news but when you use prepaid You pay for the phone and they are usually a few hundred bucks.
    I always figured it was the big contract phones like the Iphone that were the expensive ones. I was hoping to find a tracphone or something, since data isn't an issue as everything will be downloaded through my home WiFi, i would only make a call with it once or twice a month.

I always figured it was the big contract phones like the Iphone that were the expensive ones. I was hoping to find a tracphone or something, since data isn't an issue as everything will be downloaded through my home WiFi, i would only make a call with it once or twice a month.
    You can buy tracphones at dollar general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welllll you won't find a phone with your specifications for under <$50 unless you sign up for a contract. You can get an iPhone 6 for "free" at most Sprint stores if you sign a contract.

Deleted
    Damn dude you should try Microsoft phones really! (if you are not an app person) They are really good and cheap! The downside is apps though! (you wont be able to play lets say Chrono Trigger like on iOS but the must-have-apps are still there)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    Damn dude you should try Microsoft phones really! (if you are not an app person) They are really good and cheap! The downside is apps though! (you wont be able to play lets say Chrono Trigger like on iOS but the must-have-apps are still there)
    best recomendation ever, for a person that wants the phone almost exclusively for playing fallout shelter, a phone that cant get it... fucking brilliant mate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    best recomendation ever, for a person that wants the phone almost exclusively for playing fallout shelter, a phone that cant get it... fucking brilliant mate.
    Haha ! I love you!

7+ Year Old Account
    Moto G FTW. More expensive but well worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    You can buy tracphones at dollar general.
    Tracphones are cheaper for the phone but they won't play that game he wants to play well. That and 100 minutes is $20 where you can go through Virgin mobile and have unlimited minutes a month for the same price seeing tracphone minutes expire after 30 days of being activated, or at least they were when I last checked them out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it specifically need to be a phone? My 10 yr old brother uses this to play FO: Shelter

http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-7-Tabl...-Case/38693704

It works quite well. I even play the Telltale Walking Dead games on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you could just download an emulator to play apps on your computer.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

10+ Year Old Account
    Should really wait a few more weeks and save some more money from paychecks to afford something better. If you spend 50$ you are going to get 50$ of a phone. Another words it isn't going to work as well as you'd like. Somethings you just shouldn't cheap out on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Tracphones are cheaper for the phone but they won't play that game he wants to play well. That and 100 minutes is $20 where you can go through Virgin mobile and have unlimited minutes a month for the same price seeing tracphone minutes expire after 30 days of being activated, or at least they were when I last checked them out.
    I highly doubt he's going to get what he wants for $50. I could be wrong. I don't keep track of virgin mobile but I think he needs to put up a bit more money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Does it specifically need to be a phone? My 10 yr old brother uses this to play FO: Shelter

http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-7-Tabl...-Case/38693704

It works quite well. I even play the Telltale Walking Dead games on it.
    Its not really JUST for Fallout Shelter. Thanks to another post I made on this forum, I was helped in getting it on my amazon Kindle and it works great. But I do need a cell phone, and it would be killer to have something I could play the game on when im away from home. Two birds with one stone and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I highly doubt he's going to get what he wants for $50. I could be wrong. I don't keep track of virgin mobile but I think he needs to put up a bit more money.
    That is what I said in the second post.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.metropcs.com/

Seriously. You won't get a fancy phone like an S3 or whatever for $50, but they do have smartphone that are relatively inexpensive. Hell, they've got two smartphones under $50 they're advertising.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

1. Cheap. <$50
    It may not be as portable, but it is sturdy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraltsBeard View Post
    It may not be as portable, but it is sturdy.

http://userscontent2.emaze.com/image...90c6159ff3.jpg
    That's great..

I suggest a mobile version though

"The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Splurge and get an iphone...bitches love iphones

Made by dubbelbasse