Thread: Holy 5 Mans?

10+ Year Old Account

Holy 5 Mans?

Is holy viable for 5 mans 70-90, I have done all the quest lines so many times I want to just instance my way up. I kinda want to go holy, but its it really that bad even at mid levels? Should I just stay bubble spam?

Deleted
    Hah, holy isn't so bad that you can't even dungeon with it :P The deal with holy is, it's viable for all content, just not optimal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda an old school holy priest, I just moved to a new server and decided to roll priest again...Thought I could get way from one Xpac without a priest...I was wrong lol. Why is it not optimal anymore, also what stats am I looking for?

I actually prefer holy at 100 for 5 mans-- it just feels more flexible-- but I can see why disc might be better for leveling dungeons, seeing how ridiculous the incoming damage is post-squish at those levels.

For stats, I'd take cheap multistrike chants from WoD on your jewelry if you can afford it, then stack haste where possible. Your base regen is bonkers, so spirit isn't important until 100 or close to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Until you get Clarity of Will, holy is viable. Disc just outshines it for mitigating dmg at 100 because of mastery + bubble spam + COW. If you're so inclined, go with a crit build and smite your way through the dungeons. You'll be pretty close to a regular dps if you do that and you'll get your healing done.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I should drop my Mark of the shadow moon for the multi stick enchant?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnshadow View Post
    seeing how ridiculous the incoming damage is post-squish at those levels.
    What dmg are you talking about because I just got done leveling a shaman (dinged 100 2 days ago) and can say that it was boring healing dungeons because nobody ever took dmg from anything it seemed like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by natrii View Post
    what stats am I looking for?
    Int>>Spirit>>Multistrike>Haste>Crit=Versatility>Mastery

Deleted
    Well you won't notice it at all levelling up of course. In terms of raiding though, the biggest problems with holy are that Divine Hymn is weaker than the other raid CDs, we don't have a personal throughput CD like wings or Ascendance and our tier bonuses are extremely poor. While there are guilds killing mythic archimonde with holy priests they are few and far between due to the other throughput healers just doing the same job but better.

Statwise you'd want to sim your own character using Myllior's calculators found here but basically you want Int and Multistrike, from there it's a toss up between haste and mastery depending on your playstyle. If you focus on mainly spamming renews and throwing out CoH on CD then you want more haste. If you're using a more binding heal heavy style weaving in more PoHs then you want more mastery.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but at least holy has an "oh shit raid heal". Disc only gets mitigation and it requires people to be grouped up to be useful too.

holy is fine for dungs, don't expect Divine Hymn to save your ass. Since it is totally crap for 5 man.
    Wut wut wut in the mud

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ins0mnia View Post
    holy is fine for dungs, don't expect Divine Hymn to save your ass. Since it is totally crap for 5 man.
    Its crap for any size to be honest, 1...5...15...20...25 - it doesn't matter - it sucks all the way from 1 to 100 ))

if the raid gets bigger, the numbers are much.. much.. much higher. I hit tops HPS when I time it right.
    Wut wut wut in the mud