Thread: I am a nerd.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Every single normal person I know is a nerd aside from the few people who only touch tech for facebook. At least according to some people here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slavoj Zizek View Post
    A nerd is someone who has an unhealthy obsession with something, to the point where they neglect important things.
    By that definition 95% of every living human is a nerd.

Maybe you are a nerd only when you score high on 10 of the 20 characteristics of nerdy people.

1. socially awkward
    2. obsessive about esoteric things like Dark Horse anime comics, or anime in general
    20. not into sports

This is how psychologists diagnose autism and other disorders, you score high on several of the list of characteristics for that disorder.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Someone find me a trustworthy nerd survey so I can see what supposedly makes one a nerd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a nerd is like how homosexuality is typically treated, except that even the homosexuals will point at you and yell NERD. Its gotten a lot better over the years but some reason you still see a lot of closet nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Someone find me a trustworthy nerd survey so I can see what supposedly makes one a nerd.
    If you're posting on this forum then you're a nerd. No exceptions.