Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    As much as I hate them, I do wish they would stay if only so my 100s can sit and do nothing but collect gold while I'm not leveling them. Most of my alts I kept at 91 to hoard up resources and gold while I waited for flying to be added in.

Even if you do get gold, wouldn't you be annoyed that you have to relog to an old expansion every few hours on multiple characters?

I personally avoid more than one character (I've had a corporation of market alts in the past, been there done that) but still,

even if you do enjoy them, wouldn't it be better if it was done on current content?

Deleted
    Still can't believe they put in WoW: The Facebook Game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Even if you do get gold, wouldn't you be annoyed that you have to relog to an old expansion every few hours on multiple characters?

I personally avoid more than one character (I've had a corporation of market alts in the past, been there done that) but still,

even if you do enjoy them, wouldn't it be better if it was done on current content?
    Thing is, they never nerfed the farm, and if someone wants to continue with the garrison, let them. Why break something the players find to be fun. If their new content isn't good enough to tear players away from the garrison, Legion is going to be another big flop.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    It was said in an interview you can go back to your garrison if you want to.
    Yeah I was referring to the speculative gold nerf, not the general existence of garrisons. I see no reason for Blizz to remove the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Promised? what did they promise and when?
    They said that you would leave your garrisons behind when you left Draenor.

“In some ways,” Chilton says, “I wish we had kept some features bound to the expansions they lived in to make room for more innovation without players feeling like we were taking something away.” He points to the Archaeology profession introduced in Cataclysm as an example; he wishes they’d removed it in time for Mists of Pandaria. It’s a practice he intends to follow in the future. The garrisons introduced in the upcoming Warlords of Draenor expansion, for instance, won’t carry over to whatever comes next.

This was from before the release of WoD, so well and truly enough notice I think.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    They said that you would leave your garrisons behind when you left Draenor.

“In some ways,” Chilton says, “I wish we had kept some features bound to the expansions they lived in to make room for more innovation without players feeling like we were taking something away.” He points to the Archaeology profession introduced in Cataclysm as an example; he wishes they’d removed it in time for Mists of Pandaria. It’s a practice he intends to follow in the future. The garrisons introduced in the upcoming Warlords of Draenor expansion, for instance, won’t carry over to whatever comes next.

This was from before the release of WoD, so well and truly enough notice I think.
    I don't think we're talking about the same thing. I just want to go back to my garrison in wod and keep running the gold missions. Not have a legion garrison. Kinda like I can go back to pandaria and still do my farm for gems to make panthers out of. Same thing imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    They did, they are going to nerf the gold shit and keep everything else, just like the farm

/thread
    My assumption as well, was talking to a few friends about it and honestly if you keep your garrison hearthstone there'd be nothing stopping me from going to my garrison every day before logging off and collecting gold. They are definitely going to do something to it when Legion is released.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Why the sledgehammer approach of just removing rewards or missions.
    Why not adjust them.
    Significantly reduce the gold mission rewards.
    Reduce the vendor cost of follower upgrade tokens, reduce salvage crate frequency or contents.

They wont carry over, but they wont disappear either.
    Achievements, and content tied to them will remain accessible for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is what they will do most likely, make gold mission bring about 1/10 to 1/20 of their value. Mats won't matter obviously anymore so they will keep mine and such intact.

I think it's going to be good this way.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nerf the gold to nothing and leave the rest. If people want to fuck around for all the other largely worthless junk and achievements, go nuts.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

I don't think we're talking about the same thing
    Garrisons - you want them to be useful after WoD, Blizzard have said they won't be so.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The only thing which will most likely be changed is the gold earning.

For the mounts and other such items you still need to hunt them down/buildup the garrison/followers/take time to obtain them. No reason to even remove them.

except for the gold earning, nothing else really "carries on" in a significant way to the next expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Thing is, they never nerfed the farm, and if someone wants to continue with the garrison, let them. Why break something the players find to be fun. If their new content isn't good enough to tear players away from the garrison, Legion is going to be another big flop.
    because the farm doenst give anything that affects future expansions and thus needs nerfing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I forsee blizzard nerfing Treasure Hunter and Goblin/Dwarf crews, either completely changing them (Say, both of them give a small amount, 5-10 gold, on succesful mission completion), or nerfing the bonus to 10-20%
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

They need cheap solo time-sink content, that don't require any effort to be developed, in Wow. And it will be in Wow the one way or another. Garrisons will go? We'll have class halls and Cashbringers. The name and shape of content could change - but it's essence won't.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

as long as they dont remove my garrison and allow me to fully upgrade it on all my current and upcoming characters, i dont care if they reduce the gold rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have your opinion, I have mine. Nerfing the garrisons would be pissing on the customers again.
    Just because you're entitled to your opinion, doesn't mean your opinion isn't stupid.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Just because you're entitled to your opinion, doesn't mean your opinion isn't stupid.
    And insulting people makes you smart?

Deleted
    They really have to nerf goldgain and whatnot from garrisons again. Otherwise, I will still do them in legion to get some bonus money.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Mods, please lock this thread, there's a similar one in the proper forum.

Deleted
    ive barely played at 100 this expansion, what makes garrisons so good at gold making?