Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Archimonde Loot on LFR isn't that rewarding

I saw this post on the forums and some guy got downvoted to oblivion for delivering the best response i've seen to an entitled LFR player.

"Don't queue for it if you don't want the rewards"

It's funny because that's what all LFR players say to everyone else when they want LFR to be removed "Just don't queue for it"

And now LFR players are complaining that the loot is terrible.....Thats the point. It was never supposed to be about loot. You were meant to see the bosses. If you don't like it that way then don't queue for it.

Yesterday i saw a post about a guy complaining as to why every LFR wing is gated...The obvious answer is because if your a gaming company and you spend months creating a raid only to see it be cleared it 1 day is pretty retarded. Forums are funny things. I worry for people like this sometimes.
    Last edited by Jensxo; 2015-08-29 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jensxo View Post

And now LFR players are complaining that the loot is terrible.....Thats the point. It was never supposed to be about loot. You were meant to see the bosses. If you don't like it that way then don't queue for it.

funny because from what I read, people are wiping on archimonde for +1 hours. So much for "seeing the bosses only" right?

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    funny because from what I read, people are wiping on archimonde for +1 hours. So much for "seeing the bosses only" right?
    Blizzard definitely dun goofed...but to imply that wiping on a boss for 1hr suddenly means your deserving of better loot just because it's the endgame boss...I mean how good would it actually be if LFR just had no loot and people only did it just to "See" the bosses. I'd be perfectly fine with that.

Heaven forbid you wipe on a watered down boss for an 1 hr +
    The world is blowing up everyone - you need to spend slightly longer on a boss in LFR.

Progression raiders want to say hi.

I suspect that very few people care about HFC LFR loot at this stage. Once you have your tomes there's no reason to go back. I'll certainly only do the Archimonde encounter once for completion reasons.

(That said, the LFR cloth set is pretty nice for transmog, but it's very quickly collected due to substantial offset duplication.)

Blizzard definitely dun goofed...but to imply that wiping on a boss for 1hr suddenly means your deserving of better loot just because it's the endgame boss...I mean how good would it actually be if LFR just had no loot and people only did it just to "See" the bosses. I'd be perfectly fine with that.

Heaven forbid you wipe on a watered down boss for an 1 hr +
    The world is blowing up everyone - you need to spend slightly longer on a boss in LFR.

Progression raiders want to say hi.
    But lfr isnt raiding. You've said so yourself. LFr is just a tourist mode. You've said it's only "Seeing the bosses". So trying to compare lfr to progression raiding is stupid.

And wiping on the boss for +1hr is exactly why people are complaining that his rewards arent good enough. Kazak takes 5 minutes and gives 705 gear. Arch takes +1 hr and gives, what, 685 gear? Don't be silly.

Deleted
    HFC LFR items are worthless in terms of power. You get better stuff from world content, that is farming a shit load of apexis crystals.

If Archimonde is tuned to be tougher than other LFR bosses then his drops should've also been these 5 ilvl's better. At this moment you really should not bother with Archimonde on LFR. If you could kill it on LFR pre nerf, then you could also kill it on Normal and get actually relevant loot.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    The real question here OP and like minded players, is why you give a toss about what the lfr community gets?
    Are you so mediocre you feel threatened by the LFR community?
    There is zero OTHER reason to be all butthurt about ANYTHING lfr.
    So I guess what we have here are 'progression raiders' who are so mediocre they feel threatened that casual lfr'ers might show them up if they managed to get even close to comparable gear. Right? That's what this boils down to isn't it?
    Entitled?
    Lol, it takes a pretty entitled person to demand lfr'ers get extra stepped on so you don't look so bad and can feel special fellas.
    I got a timestamp on my achieve, that's my reward, that's my bragging rights, so.
    Sounds like you've got a personal issue to me....
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

But lfr isnt raiding. You've said so yourself. LFr is just a tourist mode. You've said it's only "Seeing the bosses". So trying to compare lfr to progression raiding is stupid.

And wiping on the boss for +1hr is exactly why people are complaining that his rewards arent good enough. Kazak takes 5 minutes and gives 705 gear. Arch takes +1 hr and gives, what, 685 gear? Don't be silly.
    It's not me trying to compare it...Entitled LFR raiders are going mad on the forums about how terrible Archimonde loot is. I couldn't care less because i don't find enjoyment out of easy mode boring mechanics on bosses.

Hang on. Your saying that archimonde the actual fight takes 1hr? Or do you mean to say that Archimonde takes 5-10 minutes if you actually follow mechanics for once?

Kazzak could take longer than 5 minutes if you repeatedly wipe? Your argument is invalid mate.

Did WoW at some point become all about Ilvls? You realize thats just as stupid as when you point out how stupid it is for hardcores to want purples to turn into blues right? Lets define why ilvl is even remotely important. To see more bosses, if you are in LFR, you are in your end game. If you have the Ilvl you need to see the end game you are getting exactly what makes sense. Is your goal to get ilvls for modes that are much harder than LFR so that LFR becomes even more of a joke? What is your goal here exactly?

LFR raiders man, never much sense made.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    The real question here OP and like minded players, is why you give a toss about what the lfr community gets?
    So I guess what we have here are 'progression raiders' who are so mediocre they feel threatened that casual lfr'ers might show them up if they managed to get even close to comparable gear. Right? That's what this boils down to isn't it?
    Entitled?
    Lol, it takes a pretty entitled person to demand lfr'ers get extra stepped on so you don't look so bad and can feel special fellas.
    I got a timestamp on my achieve, that's my reward, that's my bragging rights, so.
    Why is the LFR community so butthurt that there precious Archimonde gear isn't all that they hoped it would be? Did they expect to actually get rewarded from watered down easy mode content? They are a massive bunch of entitled complainers who think that because they pay $15 a month they deserve everything. Specifically why this game has gone downhill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPussy22 View Post
    Did WoW at some point become all about Ilvls? You realize thats just as stupid as when you point out how stupid it is for hardcores to want purples to turn into blues right? Lets define why ilvl is even remotely important. To see more bosses, if you are in LFR, you are in your end game. If you have the Ilvl you need to see the end game you are seeing the end game. Is your goal to get ilvls for modes that are much harder than LFR so that LFR becomes even more of a joke? What is your goal here exactly? LFR raiders man, never much sense made.
    I'm not an LFR raider at all. I'm a mythic raider and i just found it funny how stupid some of the arguments are made by LFR players on the forums.
    Just to completely turn your post ontop of itself....LFR gear is fine for the level of raiding your doing. The one time complaints are made by LFR players is when they actually need to follow mechanics on the last boss to kill him. I didn't see any LFR players complaining about Gorefiend? But now when they actually need to use their brains for 1 fight....they lose their minds.

They are a massive bunch of entitled complainers who think that because they pay $15 a month they deserve everything.
    This is an incredibly fallacious statement. But I suspect you know this anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Entitled?
    Thats not the situation at all.
    I think most people who play this game would prefer it if only the best players got rewarded......What we have now is - Anyone gets rewarded with anything - People plateau at really terrible skill levels because there is no need to progress in the game. All for the sake of accessibility. We have a situation where there is no "benchmark" level to reach.

It's not me trying to compare it...Entitled LFR raiders are going mad on the forums about how terrible Archimonde loot is. I couldn't care less because i don't find enjoyment out of easy mode boring mechanics on bosses.

Hang on. Your saying that archimonde the actual fight takes 1hr? Or do you mean to say that Archimonde takes 5-10 minutes if you actually follow mechanics for once?

Kazzak could take longer than 5 minutes if you repeatedly wipe? Your argument is invalid mate.
    Archimonde takes 1hr, meaning people wipe on it for 1hr, meaning it's a PROGRESSION fight. One mistake causes a wipe.
    Kazzak can take 1hr, if the tank kept dying. However, it takes 5 minutes because its VERY Easy.
    Meaning, kazzak is much much much easier than archimonde, which is silly when you notice how different their rewards are.

You can't have it both ways. if LFR is just about seeing the bosses, then archimonde needs to be tuned way down, or his loot needs to be upgraded.

It's either this or that.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    This is an incredibly fallacious statement. But I suspect you know this anyway.
    Yeah i'm aware. I'm basing the statement of what i read on the forums. Which pretty much just confirms my fallacy lol. It's a false generalization because not everyone posts on the forums. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    HFC LFR items are worthless in terms of power. You get better stuff from world content, that is farming a shit load of apexis crystals.

If Archimonde is tuned to be tougher than other LFR bosses then his drops should've also been these 5 ilvl's better. At this moment you really should not bother with Archimonde on LFR. If you could kill it on LFR pre nerf, then you could also kill it on Normal and get actually relevant loot.
    yeah the problem is Arch's loot is worse then any other boss in LFR

At this time LFR archy is just not worth the time. For you could get better gear by doing some dailies. Which after the first few weeks I would expect a large decrease in the number of people that are going to run it. Mainly due to the lack of anything good gear and can't get the ring upgrades.

Archimonde takes 1hr, meaning people wipe on it for 1hr, meaning it's a PROGRESSION fight. One mistake causes a wipe.
    Kazzak can take 1hr, if the tank kept dying. However, it takes 5 minutes because its VERY Easy.
    Meaning, kazzak is much much much easier than archimonde, which is silly when you notice how different their rewards are.

You can't have it both ways. if LFR is just about seeing the bosses, then archimonde needs to be tuned way down, or his loot needs to be upgraded.

It's either this or that.
    Okay then - when archimonde gets nerfed to oblivion....hopefully the LFR players won't bitch and whine about how terrible the gear is.

Thats not the situation at all.
    I think most people who play this game would prefer it if only the best players got rewarded......What we have now is - Anyone gets rewarded with anything - People plateau at really terrible skill levels because there is no need to progress in the game. All for the sake of accessibility. We have a situation where there is no "benchmark" level to reach.
    no the problem is the people running lfr are already punished by having it be a lower item level, also making lfr gear completely different then the other difficulties is being punished twice

Yeah i'm aware. I'm basing the statement of what i read on the forums. Which pretty much just confirms my fallacy lol. It's a false generalization because not everyone posts on the forums. Sorry.
    Ok, it's decent of you to apologise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockula View Post
    At this time LFR archy is just not worth the time. For you could get better gear by doing some dailies. Which after the first few weeks I would expect a large decrease in the number of people that are going to run it. Mainly due to the lack of anything good gear and can't get the ring upgrades.
    It's almost as if LFR/NORMAL/HEROIC/MYTHIC is a pretty stupid raid model at this point which completely disrupts the feeling of progression and replaces it with repetition.