Deleted

Yet another 'help my dps' thread

Hello all

The other night I finally got my t18 4pc (yay!) and I decided to finally get my s**t together and analyse my dps properly.
    I was not pleased with what I saw! Turns out for my gear level, my dps sucks!

Here is a link to one of my logs :

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...#view=rankings

I thought that I had the MM rotation pretty sorted but the only thing I can think of is that I may be getting focus starved too often?

I was wondering if any of you guys would mind taking a look and hopefully offer me a bit of advice?

Thanks in advance!

First of all, congrats on the 4pc - it will certainly help you a lot, but will also take a bit of getting used to.

Okay, so after looking at your logs briefly, I was able to find one glaring mistake you are making on every fight - not using Chimera Shot on cooldown. You are consistently missing at least 10+ potential Chimera casts per boss. An easy way to check this for yourself is to divide the total fight time (in seconds) by 9 (the cd for Chimera) to see how many casts are possible. Then you can measure how many you actually cast against that number.

For example: on Tyrant Velhari the total fight time was 5:19 or 319 seconds. 319/9 = 35 potential chimera casts. You casted 21 that fight, missing 14 casts! Your other hunter, Scv, got off 32 chimera shots in the same amount of time.

Obviously its hard to get the perfect amount of casts, but you are missing out on a TON of damage by delaying Chimera so much. Focus on casting it on cooldown and you should hopefully find yourself climbing those charts. Hoped this helped!

Deleted
    Holy crap I had no idea I was missing so many!!

I'll definitely focus (pardon the pun) on that on Monday. Mannoroth heroic, hopefully my guild can get him down. Last Thursdays best attempt was 18% so looking good
    Tbh if I can sort my timings out I'll probably contribute to about 5% of that myself!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't you see the first sticky? :/

With the 4pc it's easy to get carried away spamming AiS, but remember that chimaera ALWAYS takes priority, especially due to its cleave potential on Tyrant, and barrage should still have higher priority than AiS once the boss and the add(s) are out of careful aim range. Really, outside of stopping yourself from becoming focus capped, you don't need to be casting AiS that much if no procs or CA opportunities are available. You also don't want to end up using chimaera and then having no focus, because if you get a 2pc proc it'll be mostly wasted because you'll have to continually cast steady shots. You could also definitely improve your ST uptime on that fight. There's really very little movement required on Tyrant and all of it is controlled.
    start9

Deleted
    Oh man, sorry about that. I posted this from my phone on the way to work (tiiiiny text!)

Also what are you referring to by ST uptime?

Thank you to both posters, your help and time is greatly appreciated

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ST = Sniper Training. If you haven't got one, you can get some good weakauras that track it. It'll just be up to personal preference how you like it displayed so just google it and have a look about
    start9

Deleted
    That's awesome, thanks for your help. I've found a ton of stuff that should boost my dps dramatically