Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Purity/Supremacy and Harmony/Supremacy have some neat unique units.

Former is a unit called the Golem, which has a powerful laser, but has another major use: When fortified, it deploys into a 'Wall' mode that prevents enemy ranged attacks from firing over it, making it a potent defensive unit.

The latter gets what is essentially a hovering artillery platform/aircraft carrier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, in the new livestream today, the devs talked about some of the expansion features that will also be rolled into the base game. They include:

- Tech tree improvements;
    - New units upgrade screen;
    - Improvements to the AI;
    - Improvements to auto workers (no more terrascape spawn);
    - Ending movies for each victory conditions;
    - Balance changes and general improvements;

among other things.

They also showed off a few more hybrid affinity units at war.

Hybrid Affinities at War!

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, the fourth and final sponsor being added with Rising Tide has been revealed:

Han Jae Moon of Chungsu.

That link there, written as an in-universe report, is about all I know about the sponsor, and nothing about what their unique trait will be.

The name sound Korean, though, but if I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was pretty disappointed with Beyond Earth but it feels better with Rising Tide. Already on my second playthrough. As the Slavic Federation this time.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I played a few games of Beyond Earth when it came out, and it didn't really hook me. It wasn't a *bad* game, but I still found myself going back to Civ V after a while.

Started my first game of Rising Tide yesterday, and it's definitely engaging me a lot more than the base game did. So far so good.

I am interested to hear more opinions about this here. I also did not much care for beyond earth.

Deleted
    I find it odd to pay 30€ for that.

If I'm not mistaken, there is already a mod that allows you to build on water with some new ressources(?).
    Sponsor are "meh" because modders can add them just fine and some of them are very balanced (even though thats not even that important)
    Some mods change the virtue system and tech trees/add new buildings/new techs.

The only new thing I didn't see so far is the diplomacy stuff that got added this time around... but 30€ for that and some better polished mods? Why not 15€ instead? Would be fair price on both sides imho. I simply don't see the effort which would justify the price. The diplomacy system should/could've been like that from the start... it's actually a real shame that it is so poorly implented and limited in Beyond Earth.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-10-14 at 04:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the price is high. Got it for 25% off through GMG, so it wasn't as bad, but it still wasn't what I would call a great price.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.