Thread: BrM CMs

BrM CMs

Have done 8/8 on my warrior now its time for my monk.

Just going for smooth painless golds not server first or anything. Ive googled quite a bit just wanted to make sure its all still the same post 6.2.

- BA>Crit>Mastery?
    - Serenity with BoF glyphed>Chi-ex?
    - RJW>Xuen?
    - Unsure on PS/Ascenscion/ChiB
    - HE/DH/DM. Plan on picking based on dungeon unless HE is super strong in these?
    - I have a Guard/Resolve WA. 150% + ideal for popping guard?
    -Im probably gonna pick up Elek Statue trinket. Should I pair with Inscription trinket or is there a good on use trinket I should pick up?

Anything else? Feel free to hit me with a link to some info also. I dont main BrM so Im not fully in the loop like I should be, so thanks ahead for the insight.

Wont have a DK. Didnt have one on the first set, shouldnt be any more painful on the monk right?
    Last edited by Rightteous; 2015-08-29 at 12:23 PM.

Deleted
    - BA>Crit>Mastery?

Yes, at least that's how I did it. CMs aren't that hard though if you're just going for Gold and don't do any crazy pulls - I wouldn't spend too much time getting BiS stats on every item. Coordinating CC / cooldowns > bis gear imho. So spend your time discussing or trying strategies instead of farming gear

Depends on your group comp and whether you really need the interrupt of BoF for 5 seconds straight (you really shouldn't). ChiEx is just much more damage, so maybe you won't even get to the situation where you'd spam Serenity BoF. Also, using ChiEx doesn't mean you can't use BoF.

- RJW>Xuen?

Again, depends on your group. Are you lacking AE dps or single target? When I did CMs on my first monk (during the first weeks of WoD, so we didn't really know what to expect) I just made 2 BrM specs, one for st and one for ae. On my second I just stayed rjw because I cba do make 2 specs.

PS or chibrew - chibrew is more control, but the adds are usually stunned anyway. so there's enough time to get Elusive Brew stacks the normal way.

- HE/DH/DM. Plan on picking based on dungeon unless HE is super strong in these?

DH/DM I think.

You're resolve capped pretty quickly. There's no special rule for guard during CMs. Again, utilize your stuns / cc, use guard when you drop low to EH you to full health again etc. Pressing guard just because you're at X% resolve isn't really useful.

That's all just my opinion though. I'm not especially familiar with CMs and what's the best thing to go for right now, but the above worked for me without any problems.
    Last edited by mmoc328edcac98; 2015-08-29 at 03:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightteous View Post
    Have done 8/8 on my warrior now its time for my monk.

Just going for smooth painless golds not server first or anything. Ive googled quite a bit just wanted to make sure its all still the same post 6.2.

- BA>Crit>Mastery?
    - RJW>Xuen?
    -Im probably gonna pick up Elek Statue trinket. Should I pair with Inscription trinket or is there a good on use trinket I should pick up?

Anything else? Feel free to hit me with a link to some info also. I dont main BrM so Im not fully in the loop like I should be, so thanks ahead for the insight.

Wont have a DK. Didnt have one on the first set, shouldnt be any more painful on the monk right?
    - BA > Crit > Mastery is spot on.
    - Originally when I first did mine I used Serenity with BOF Glyphed now I much prefer CHi Ex but then it depends on what kind of stun rotation you have in your group as to if you need BOF with Serenity.
    - RJW ? Xuen - yes
    - I'm running them with powerstrikes now and its great, the first time I ran with Ascension and it was fine, and I had a mate use Chi Brew for the extra EB so pretty much take your pick they are all fine.
    - HE or DM imo - I like HE personally.
    - Yup anything above 150% resolve
    - Evergaze and Elekk statue are a good combo so is Coin and Evergaze/Elekk Statue.

Make sure to use a 2H with mark of blackrock enchant also, don't be afraid to kite, use transcendence and be careful of your statue as it has the potential to pull the world sometimes.

Good luck!!!