Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Looks great.

Competition is great.

It's good to always have another game you can try out when bored.
    Competition makes a game better.
    Its a good thing in my opinion.

Class-wise there is always going to be some overlap.

Interesting variety of styles though.
    Worth keeping an eye on, so thank you for sharing a variety.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Lawbreakers looks to be quite cool. I haven't played Overwatch, although from the looks of it, Lawbreakers could take the cake for me.

It truly seems as if there can be some real skill gaps in that game which is what draws me to multiplayer games anyway. I love being able to work towards becoming better and having that show towards other players when you play. Same reason I love playing Counter Strike. It's been around since 1999 and has relatively been the same game since. It's the skill gap and competitive aspect of it that makes it so great.

I really hope Overwatch does that or one of the games you listed as competition for it. I'd take the trailers with a grain of salt though considering how games have been lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Wait are you telling me there's more than one FPS game on the market?
    It's not really a FPS as much as it's a TF2-like game... whatever you call that.

It's different, just same point of view.

Sort of like RTS games and MOBAs. Same perspective and buttonplay but way different.

Wow jeez, ripof*COUGH*competition is good for the market!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad God View Post
    It's not really a FPS as much as it's a TF2-like game... whatever you call that.

It's different, just same point of view.

Sort of like RTS games and MOBAs. Same perspective and buttonplay but way different.
    Tf2 and Overwatch are FPS games, they just use the class/characters system

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Like how OW is a ripoff of TF2, amirite?

I have been playing Gigantic since closed alpha.

No, its not alike to overwatch. The gameplay is drastically different. That is all I am allowed to say.

'Lawbreakers' as horrible as a name it is, as fun it looks to play. However, it does remind me more of Unreal Tournament with a class-twist on it.

Paladins is.. No competition.

And Battleborn is just another boring game with boring characters from a boring developer who screws games up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Wow, that was quick. They even didn't launch proper site yet and you already know that and everything about the game - dude, we need to get in touch and visit my bookie, if you know the future we can make a fortune. In all seriousness though, the open spaces of Paladins can be quite alluring for many. Hirez did amazing job with Smite - I think they've learned their lesson and will not commit another Tribes Ascend :P.

And Battleborn is just another boring game with boring characters from a boring developer who screws games up.
    Uhm.. that's why Borderlands are still insanely popular on steam? One may question developer's decisions, but you can't deny the following - those devs HAD TO do something right if the BL2 is still played today by so many.

Oh and I've saved this gem for last:
    Holly sh!t, I can't decide if you're more delusional or ignorant.

Personally I still don't see anything besides "It's Blizzard" going for Overwatch - for now. I'm awaiting for a positive "twist". There are better skill oriented shooters out there, there are better class based shooters out there (and more to come) and there are better "Sunday afternoon" games out there. But, BUT if Blizz will manage to mix those ingredients properly we may have something very special on our hands and I'm rooting for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Dirty Bomb is already a game that is a competitor for Overwatch.
    From what I read you can't join a server without cheaters, and since the developers don't even bother to fight it they don't even hide that they are cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    Oh and I've saved this gem for last: Holly sh!t, I can't decide if you're more delusional or ignorant.

Personally I still don't see anything besides "It's Blizzard" going for Overwatch - for now.
    Blahblahblah jackoff?

I don't care which one of those games is "the best" or whatever, I just noticed they're obviously ripping each other off to no end, or perhaps ripping off Overwatch now that Turns-anything-into-a-zillion-dollar-business-Blizzard decided to do one of those.

Deleted
    Blahblahblah jackoff?

I don't care which one of those games is "the best" or whatever, I just noticed they're obviously ripping each other off to no end, or perhaps ripping off Overwatch now that Turns-anything-into-a-zillion-dollar-business-Blizzard decided to do one of those.
    You do realize that.. multi-class shooters were on FPS scene AT LEAST since 1998 ?! That's.. like.. way before blizz was even relevant :P. No one is ripping off anyone. All the mentioned companies are trying to re-invent the genre - question is will they succeed. Please research the topic more before posting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Overwatch has - without a doubt - the most original, unique lore out of the threesome, soooo...
    Lol. Hi, Blizzdrone.

Blizzard always has a lot of competitions.

Deleted
    Blahblahblah jackoff?

As if Blizard is the first too think of this. TF2 has been out for years now. Just like mtg and LoL.

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    Lol. Hi, Blizzdrone.
    So someone who doesnt have a "I hate blizzard" viewpoint, is a blizzdrone or some other fanboy variation.
    Don't be a jerk.
    Such a definition would require you to look at all their views, when you made that judgement on a single one.
    If anyone is acting like a drone, or a sheep it is you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    From what I read you can't join a server without cheaters, and since the developers don't even bother to fight it they don't even hide that they are cheating.
    And you have to buy the classes with in game currency or money. As long as OW or the rest don't go that route, I'm sure it will be beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Like how OW is a ripoff of TF2, amirite?
    Just because they both have classes doesn't make it a ripoff. A ripoff would make them exactly the same, OW has the unique abilities for each class though that are hugely different, I mean TF2 does have a few, but they're passive(like Scout can run the fastest and double jump) and really the major difference comes from weapon usage

How are you judging it already?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad God View Post
    Yeah, I agree Gigantic is a bit too gaudy visually, but I got to play both that and Overwatch at PAX and gameplay wise Gigantic was better. But I'm interested to see how Lawbreakers turns out because I prefer that art style over OW and Gigantic and I have more faith in CliffyB than the others (huge Gears of War fan).
    It looks like Disney decided to make a shooter based on the Aladdin art.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

No wonder.
    After hearthstone digital card games become popular, now there will be Runescape and The Elder Scrolls cardgame too, So there will be Overwatch like games, Overwatch itself is lot alike Team Fortress

LawBreakers- Urgh Nexon, Lag and I will probably be IP banned
    Battleborn - I don't like or support Gearbox
    Gigantic- Maybe. But not interested
    Paladins - Didn't like or hate what I see

There's also the question of what I can play due to latency. If blizz can offer the same low lat for players of my region the offer HotS players, then those games offer no competition.
    Besides Blizz already has my Credit Card.
    Your you're own enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlyman View Post
    LawBreakers- Urgh Nexon, Lag and I will probably be IP banned
    Battleborn - I don't like or support Gearbox
    Gigantic- Maybe. But not interested
    Paladins - Didn't like or hate what I see

There's also the question of what I can play due to latency. If blizz can offer the same low lat for players of my region the offer HotS players, then those games offer no competition.
    Besides Blizz already has my Credit Card.
    All those games are easily better than Overwatch in all purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    All those games are easily better than Overwatch in all purposes.
    I'm not hyped about Overwatch, so, as someone that isnt really a fan of the game, I got to ask:
    "What?"
    Guess it's a matter of taste.
    Your you're own enemy.