Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Blackrock Depths. It's pretty much a 5 man raid.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Deleted
    In terms of cool, BRD is definitely up there. In terms of nostalgia, i have great memories of how much fun it was to tank Shattered Halls, especially the trash before first boss. In general tanking back then to highest capability is something i miss.

Best Dungeon: Shadow Labyrinth
    It's Mechanar to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    It was a good dungeon:
    • It was long
    • The further you got, the stronger mobs became
    • Time for fun!

However it was too linear, like other post-vanilla dungeons. BRD is far superior to SL or any other dungeon ever made:
    • So many bosses that you could spend half a day there.
    • Not linear. You could choose where to go (and who to kill) and how to get there. MC was nicely integrated in it like continuation of instance.
    • The further you got, the stronger mobs you became, but unlike SL difference was huge
    • Many quests. Far more than in any other dungeon. Several of those quests required you to go out and do hard stuff in the world before coming back. Excellent design that connected zones and gave players reasons to do dungeon multiple times.
    • Cool schematics dropped by NPCs: repair bot, world enlarger. They were dropped by appropriate NPCs that fit those schematics, not just randomly assigned.
    I did several 6 hour long runs there in vanilla - WoTLK times. Best times I had in dungeons in WoW.
    BRD could've been it's own zone it was that big.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't like SLabs. BRD is still king to me, hands down my favorite instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

UBRS is my alltime fav.

BRD I can't stand due to the million prison-runs I had to do as GM and healer for my guild... basically always had to step up and help people solve that quest.

I remember one wipe fest in HSLabs costing me over 150g worth in repairs, reagents, food, elixirs and potions. Before Kara gear, that place was pretty hardcore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    A few cool boss fights, but otherwise I don't see what's so special about it tbh. Also very linear compared to say BRD.
    Which is a good thing.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me it was the original Sunken Temple (was a veritable maze and one could get lost easily) the other was the original Blackrock Depths (use to joke how I took out an apartment there because I knew the dungeon so well) lol, were fun times..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Which is a good thing.
    In today's WoW - yes. However those instances were created with different mind set. For their time when WoW was MMORPG, not list of bland daily tasks, linear was bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any dungeons with CC and no AOE spam was fun.

But, BRD/LBRS-UBRS, this was fun, big, big, big and not linear.