Poll: Would you support this change?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It would be a quality of life change but not good for lore/role play. Poisons are supposed to wear off. Enchants do not.

Depends which is more important to you. I prefer QOL changes so vote for them to be permanent.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninepenny View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Why won't warriors do a 3 sec deep inhale before Battle Shout then? Why is it ok for other classes to carry on with QoL improvements, but for rogues to remain the iconic RPG monument of the game? If you want more RPG in the rogue class, you should be asking Blizz to give us hunter's treatment they're getting in the Legion and fixing the damage the class received in MoP, not defend outdated and annoying crap.
    Well, battle shout lasts like 5 minutes right?

Poisons have a cast time because it should matter which poison you chose prior to the fight, or at least you should be punished for switching. Otherwise pvp would be a nightmare with poison swapping macros and other nonsense.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Well, battle shout lasts like 5 minutes right?
    1 hour but close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just let me keep my poisons if I switch to my fishing pole.

I wouldn't mind it, but I don't think it is necessary. It already persists through death and lasts an hour, good enough for me.

To be honest, this is about as low on the Rogue priority list as anything can be. That being said...

They should pick one option:

1) Make it a passive or what not and get it out of the player's way as having to click a poisonevery hour simply isn't engaging gameplay. It's about as dull a mechanic as you can have.

2) Make poisons wayyyy more dynamic. Give Rogues additional poison options, with different poisons interacting differently amongst one another. Do *something* with them to make them interesting.

Clicking the same button every 60 minutes isn't iconic. It's tedious.

The only thing I don't like is deadly dropping every time I queue for a ranked match.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    To be honest, this is about as low on the Rogue priority list as anything can be. That being said...

They should pick one option:

1) Make it a passive or what not and get it out of the player's way as having to click a poisonevery hour simply isn't engaging gameplay. It's about as dull a mechanic as you can have.

2) Make poisons wayyyy more dynamic. Give Rogues additional poison options, with different poisons interacting differently amongst one another. Do *something* with them to make them interesting.

Clicking the same button every 60 minutes isn't iconic. It's tedious.
    I think at the very least it could be fun to give assassination a couple more poisons, even if it remains basic for other rogues. For example giving dp for single target, or a new cleave based poison. Or some kind of non lethal poison beyond leeching that could actually be useful consistently in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Yes definitely especially since poisons drop upon entering arenas dungeons raids and the such. Arrows have been removed so I don't see why poisons couldnt be auras to turn on and off or something.
    Ugh. That is why.
    We aren't paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Ugh. That is why.
    We aren't paladins.
    Auras is the broad term used for a number of effects in the game - paladins don't hold copyright to it.
    We're in an alternate universe full of savages that became fully educated engineers in a month because a dragon saved a racist from getting prosecuted by a panda in a scarf.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Yeah lets preserve inconvenience and bugs in order not to break a useless RP thing. Ok lets not call it auras lets call it "Deeped in Poisons for ever". Whatever happy now?
    No, because I play a rogue, not a magical poison fairy with enchanted blades.

If they are not going to make poisons more interesting and have choices... then yes, they should last until cancelled like many other auras from other classes. At this point is just a pointless annoyance from the past.

Of course, i'd prefer to keep the duration if they expand and bring back some of the depth that the system used to have, giving player different choices for poisons. In that scenario a duration makes perfect sense.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    Exactly. I know Blizz has taken a lot of our uniqueness and toolkit out so far, but that doesn't mean we should preserve pointless rp mechanisms just because we're clinging to whatever.

Incidentally, I played rogues in other games and dnd for years-never needed or used poison on my blades. It's not what makes rogues rogues, it was just a blizzard thing to "set us apart." Instead it just made more of our utility and damage passive.
    But the reason we've lost a lot of our uniqueness is exactly because of QoL changes. Pick pocketing has been homogenized and nerfed into the ground, lock-picking is no longer a leveled skill but a passive ability, and has become progressively less of a feature, poisons have become continuously less poison and more weapon enhancement.

I'd really rather not lose one of the few things that makes us feel a little different from just a generic melee blob, even if it is just a small OOC thing done ever now and then. I'd prefer we had the poisons as items model back, it's not like they were similar to arrows in the first place, a stack of poison can easily last you an entire day, without worry.

How is pickpocketing a QoL change?
    Lockpicking was never unique-blacksmiths had keys and engineers had explosives.
    Because you now don't have to consider what/where you're pickpocketing, they all drop the exact same stuff, and you only have to/can pickpocket like 15 minutes a week for profit. Lockpicking was very quite unique, very few people carried around keys, and keys required burning mats on the possibility of finding lockboxes or locked chests. Everyone in vanilla could theoretically use Mind Control via the engineering trinket, that didn't change the fact that very few people had it and MC was something unique to priests.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Voted no; I like my poison application. No good reason for it, I'll admit, but I enjoy doing it anyways.

You didn't PVP much then, because plenty of folks abused that trinket.

Agree to disagree on lockpicking--it just wasn't unique, and the rewards from lockboxes haven't been exciting since BC really, due to Vanilla really being the last time that rare gear felt rare.

Pickpocketing is a huge improvement imo--through Cata and MoP half the mobs that should have been pick-pocketable didn't even have loot tables for it. Now it has a purpose. Do I wish they'd offer other rewards than cosmetic? Sure, but what are you gonna do.
    I did. Seeing the trinket was rare, certainly no where close to replacing priests or making MC not a very unique ability.

Pickpocketing would have been an improvement if the new token items had just been added to the old pickpocket loot tables. Standalone the new system is just bland.

Deleted
    Why not just make all buffs passive auras?

But you come to a point where you might wonder, why even have buffs?

I think poisons should've stayed exactly the way they were in Vanilla.

It relegates pickpocket to a flavor thing. Still in there for immersion and RP, but no longer gives rogues an "advantage" (note quotes there) that other classes don't have. I get the mentality, but I don't agree with the changes--that said, at least they left it in and "revamped" it. Homogenization is strong.
    I guess, better than it just vanishing with no given reason like Disarm Trap.

15+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion Blizzard should either...
    A) Make poisons work like Stances. No duration. Lasts until cancelled/replaced.
    B) Make poisons have a short duration, a cast time and/or cooldown, but a lot more potent.
    C) Combine A and B - giving poisons a weaker permanent effect, and a potent short duration effect with a cast time and/or cooldown (like Shiv, but for lethal poisons as well).

Possibly A for Combat & Subtlety, and C for Assassination.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

I agree, I would love to have it as an aura or a perma duration kind of thing. Would be a nice QoL improvement, even if it's as minimal as re-applying them every hour.