Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow91 View Post
    If we hold dps at 55 to get dogs after wrought, will it cause the death brand you want to skip in phase 2.5
    to spawn earlier or is death brand timing for phase 2.5 different than phase 2?

We initially tried this but were inconsistent with pushing out of P2 before the deathcaller. We decided to not stop dps and pushed 55% during 2nd wrought. Its dangerous as fuck but if you use a big CD and have shackle targets use personals you can get through it consistently. Afterwards we weren't just beating the deathcaller, but we were beating a whole other set of dogs. We had our melee 2nd pot sub 55% to push it and ranged dps pot for infernal wave 3 (sketchiest part of the fight imo).

Quote Originally Posted by Tekc View Post
    Cmon man, let's not try to convince the community to believe all kinds of wierd stuff. p3 might be a bit harder than blackhand p3, and certianly harder than garrosh p4, but claiming it's the hardest phase in the entire fight might be a bit overkill. p2 required a lot of preperation. While p3 was just a few mechanics comming 1 after 1, and very rarely overlapping.
    May have been true when P2 included the fourth wrought + allure, but skipping it, there's really nothing going on in P2 anymore, as all 3 allures are de-sync'd with wrought (and thus it's just "move boss back and forth and stay spread"). There's way more abilities and organizational requirement in P3 for DPS, which makes up the largest part of your raid. For healers, I can imagine P3 being a ton easier, though (there's never really any damage going on unless you fuck up conduits/infernals, and what little there is will be covered by cds).
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2015-10-26 at 04:28 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We never had the allure + wrought combo when progressing, but we found P3 and P2 to about the same in difficulty. If P3 was tuned in such a way (initially anyway) where it wasn't common place to sacrifice tanks to source of chaos, then P2 wouldn't be nearly as hard as you could make mistakes knowing you wouldn't have fucked up P3.

The entire encounter has loads of personal responsibility checks that spill over into killing your entire raid if you mess them up, and P3 isn't really an exception. That said, I think there are only a few tricky timings in P3 that you work out over several pulls of seeing them. Problem still being that you need good P2s in order to get to some of them. (conduits during the second dance, conduits during the fourth infernals, mark of the legion following the dance after the fourth infernals, and generally just the third set of infernals to be more specific).

We don't hold off at all during the second wroughts, we just push as soon as we possibly can, even if the forces dogs to spawn during the second wrought. It really isn't that big of a deal, and your tank simply needs to pick up the overfiend, which isn't that difficult if you're positioned correctly. It might make for some weird timings for an additional set of adds spawning, but it 100% ensures you won't have a fourth deathcaller. Even then you can get around the weird timings by just pushing boss DPS and cleaving the third deathcaller such that you don't get an additional set of adds. You don't really need externals going into P3, and if you're skipping the fourth allure + wrought combo you can essentially dump everything to get a favorable timing (i.e entering the last phase with as few or zero adds). The last phase structurally isn't difficult damage wise, you just need 1 healer CD (or ring) for each set of infernals, being that they are exactly a minute a part, that isn't too difficult to achieve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    May have been true when P2 included the fourth wrought + allure, but skipping it, there's really nothing going on in P2 anymore, as all 3 allures are de-sync'd with wrought (and thus it's just "move boss back and forth and stay spread"). There's way more abilities and organizational requirement in P3 for DPS, which makes up the largest part of your raid. For healers, I can imagine P3 being a ton easier, though (there's never really any damage going on unless you fuck up conduits/infernals, and what little there is will be covered by cds).
    But if you have the damage to skip the 4th wrought, you should also have the damage to skip the 3rd doomfire in phase 1 if you lust on pull. if that is doable for a progress team, the whole fight could very well be over before 300 pulls.
    p3 is all about dps, I agree, we had our monk healer full time dpsing in that phase, and every other healer pumping out as much as possible.
    From a healing perspective p2 was nothing like p3, not even close. We tried to many different things to get some sort of stability on keep soakers alive. Ring did the job in the end though.

But if you have the damage to skip the 4th wrought, you should also have the damage to skip the 3rd doomfire in phase 1 if you lust on pull. if that is doable for a progress team, the whole fight could very well be over before 300 pulls.
    p3 is all about dps, I agree, we had our monk healer full time dpsing in that phase, and every other healer pumping out as much as possible.
    From a healing perspective p2 was nothing like p3, not even close. We tried to many different things to get some sort of stability on keep soakers alive. Ring did the job in the end though.
    I'd be surprised if that's actually true. Only two recorded guilds (out of like 15 total) so far have skipped the third doomfire with 4 healers, and that's Encore/Paragon - both with average item levels over 730 (and both of those are "abusing" a mistweaver to basicly do 50% of a dps - 5-6M over the phase, when average is 10-12M). The difference between skipping the third doomfire in P1 and skipping the fourth wrought in P2 seems as if they're miles apart - I would be genuinely surprised if a guild that has just enough dps to skip fourth wrought can skip third doomfire.

As for P2 stability, did you guys make use of immunities to soak the allures, since you had issues keeping people up? Genuinely curious - that was never an issue for us doing P2 (we used cds, including rings, for the wroughts). We just had a disc soloing himself for one stack of fire, tanks (who did not need much healing apart from beacon/hots that would be on anyway), and then rotated immunities for the third to null all the damage there. It's a way different fight if you use hunters for all of them (and thus need to dedicate a healer to each hunter, effectively doubling the amount of people dealing with allure - teams of 2, instead of 1 person).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I'd be surprised if that's actually true. Only two recorded guilds (out of like 15 total) so far have skipped the third doomfire with 4 healers, and that's Encore/Paragon - both with average item levels over 730 (and both of those are "abusing" a mistweaver to basicly do 50% of a dps - 5-6M over the phase, when average is 10-12M). The difference between skipping the third doomfire in P1 and skipping the fourth wrought in P2 seems as if they're miles apart - I would be genuinely surprised if a guild that has just enough dps to skip fourth wrought can skip third doomfire.

As for P2 stability, did you guys make use of immunities to soak the allures, since you had issues keeping people up? Genuinely curious - that was never an issue for us doing P2 (we used cds, including rings, for the wroughts). We just had a disc soloing himself for one stack of fire, tanks (who did not need much healing apart from beacon/hots that would be on anyway), and then rotated immunities for the third to null all the damage there. It's a way different fight if you use hunters for all of them (and thus need to dedicate a healer to each hunter, effectively doubling the amount of people dealing with allure - teams of 2, instead of 1 person).
    We did what you mentioned last 3, hunters, 3 healers, 1 of each. The most important thing was synergy between the healer and the hunter, range, movement, shackle, where to drop, where not to drop, u name it. There wasn't really room for many mistakes with the kind of gear / tactic we were going with. We used immunes for the last 1, because of reasons you've already mentioned, the 4th wrought is a pain in the ass to deal with, so we had 1 hunter 2 mages soaking that, which meant we only had to heal 1 hunter.

I'm sure there are loads of other ways around p2, I even recall ReM using 6 soakers at 1 point.

We did what you mentioned last 3, hunters, 3 healers, 1 of each. The most important thing was synergy between the healer and the hunter, range, movement, shackle, where to drop, where not to drop, u name it. There wasn't really room for many mistakes with the kind of gear / tactic we were going with. We used immunes for the last 1, because of reasons you've already mentioned, the 4th wrought is a pain in the ass to deal with, so we had 1 hunter 2 mages soaking that, which meant we only had to heal 1 hunter.

I'm sure there are loads of other ways around p2, I even recall ReM using 6 soakers at 1 point.
    That's probably part of why we have such different views - as 2 of our 3 allures didn't need attention from healers, and the third one was handled by the healer himself, that actually was never a big issue (apart from shackles broken early where the allures were within the radius of the shackle). Coordinating all the movement and healing while the tanks are taking a monstrous beating at the same time adds a whole extra layer to P2 I wouldn't want to deal with :d.

Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    My weak aura does this, it just doesn't show the grid. But it does put fastest in back left, 2nd fastest back right, 3rd fastest front left, and the last one front right.
    Does the WA you use automatically assign an equal number of people for each group? Let's say Archimonde picks 3 people from the same group, does it know to pull other people to help soak?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GwiGwi View Post
    Does the WA you use automatically assign an equal number of people for each group? Let's say Archimonde picks 3 people from the same group, does it know to pull other people to help soak?
    What would be the point of using a WA if it didn't? Like who would prefer using a WA that doesn't dynamically change the groups over fixed assigments by group.

In any case, if you use someone else's WA for the marks, make sure you understand the sorting algorithm that is being used and design your raid groups accordingly. The one we used had melee bias for group 1-2 for example.

The WA that's linked with the guide has 5 midwinter's members names in the code, do we need to change these names? If so, what are the names there for?

if subEvent == "SPELL_CAST_START" and spellID == 190313 then
    SetRaidTarget("Kennyloggins", 0)
    SetRaidTarget("Cliperlol", 0)
    SetRaidTarget("Thekrugzoo", 0)
    SetRaidTarget("Pussolini", 0)
    SetRaidTarget("Grafarion", 0)

13/13M / 10hr / US 55 / NOW RECRUITING!

So nothing in the actual WA's has to be changed, like the method one? It's just plug and play?

And does it move people around? Like if Ranged right gets 4 Marks, will the weak aura reorganize the groups so there isnt just 1 person soaking at ranged right.
    Last edited by Arrow91; 2015-10-27 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow91 View Post
    So nothing in the actual WA's has to be changed, like the method one? It's just plug and play?

And does it move people around? Like if Ranged right gets 4 Marks, will the weak aura reorganize the groups so there isnt just 1 person soaking at ranged right.
    You should probably assign a person from each group in those oh shit moments. But generally this is so unbelievably rare it's just irrelevant. If it happens oh well pull again it won't happen again.B

Does anyone know the addon that shows a countdown for the abilities in phase 3 in text, with numbers in red when they are close to appearing? I am told it's either a WA that's tied to DBM or BigWigs?

How it happens to be 10 seconds ahead of the timer marks the legion? Is a WA, Big Wigs or DBM?
    Video : Impact vs. Archimonde Mythic World 11th | Mage pov || Lymes 8:35 or 10:14 . Sorry i can't post url

Thanks