Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Mythic Archimonde Guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnP6WP8MBoE

If you have any further questions, you can ask on youtube or here, doesn't matter. I'll try to answer the best I can. There might be a few small mistakes here and there, but for the most part the information should be accurate. There are multiple ways to do the fight, this is just the way my guild and I felt was easiest.

Nice. The Blackhand guide was very helpful aswell.

How many pulls did that take you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    How many pulls did that take you guys?
    340ish I believe.

Bringing this up for any new guilds starting the fight! :O

340 sounds like an awful lot for killing it with rings. The fight doesn't seem that difficult mechanically, only 3-4 people have to do bitch jobs in p1/p2 and rest just avoid simple mechanics.

What phase wiped you the most on? Not counting herpderp wipes because someone dun goof'd something in p1 when previous attempts were p3 already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    340 sounds like an awful lot for killing it with rings. The fight doesn't seem that difficult mechanically, only 3-4 people have to do bitch jobs in p1/p2 and rest just avoid simple mechanics.
    To be fair, the OP, killed the boss with over 2 less resets/weeks of gear/ ring upgrades and online knowledge compared to you. You just got mythic manno a day ago, You'll be able to comprehend why Huge in Japan and dozens of other guilds had ~300+ wipes in time.

And to be fair, no fight in the game seems mechanically difficult on paper. Not even pre nerf 25 H ragnaros, lei shen, blackfuse, paragons, dark animus, muru etc seem difficult on paper but that doesn't mean they weren't "hard" encounters in person.

Another awesome guide! I actually used all your challenge mode guides in both MoP and WoD as well - those were awesome too! Keep up the good work

What phase wiped you the most on? Not counting herpderp wipes because someone dun goof'd something in p1 when previous attempts were p3 already.

Around 300 seems fairly standard for most guilds even with rings. There's only really 3 things rings can help you with in this encounter:
    1: Beating P1 before fourth doomfire. Fourth doomfire is a wipe. Every single guild that's killed the boss has done this though, so the ring is entirely irrelevant to it.

2: Beating P2 before the fourth wrought. Fourth wrought has Allure happening a second after last hit of wrought, meaning you need to be moving during beam fixates (and a new wave of adds+deathcaller spawns in between the wrought casts, giving you more stuff to clean). They did *not* beat the wrought, meaning the ring made absolutely no difference for them in P2; They slowed dps to get a proper transistion.

3: Beating P3 before the dance+infernals+conduits (fifth eles) spawn at the same time. They killed the boss, but only after all 4 infernals, conduits and dance was over (just burned the boss and ignore), didn't blow up etc though.

In general, their rings might JUST have saved them from doing the last set of infernals in P3 instead of burning the boss (and truthfully, if you survive the onslaught of Marks into dance into conduits+infernals spawning at once, the boss has nothing left to throw at you for 20 secs meaning you'll kill that wave anyway if your raid doesn't blow up). Nothing more; P1 and P2 gains are irrelevant.

Hard part of the fight is finding out what works for your raid really. How to best deal with the shackles, what players can do allures, where to place allures so people can get healing without shackles overlapping, tuning your DPS to meet the criteria you need (beat XXX mechanic without pushing TOO fast because then suddenly a deathcaller is way too high on HP, or you pushed before the first burst in P1 etc), and of course every single ability in P3 being a huge "personal responsibility"-check. P3 is by far the hardest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    and of course every single ability in P3 being a huge "personal responsibility"-check. P3 is by far the hardest.
    I dissagree on this entirely, I don't think there is a guild out there who wiped the most in p3 or anywhere close to. The hardest part of this fight is getting to p3 with no deaths so you can use your combat rez on the source of chaos tank. The difference it makes only having to do one (or non altho I don't see the big gain of skipping the first) is stupidly big and thats where the difficulty really comes from. P2 dps requierement with rings is stupidly simple, we struggled ourselfs week one getting to p3 while skipping the fourth lasers which after rings was simple to achieve.

Around 300 seems fairly standard for most guilds even with rings. There's only really 3 things rings can help you with in this encounter:
    1: Beating P1 before fourth doomfire. Fourth doomfire is a wipe. Every single guild that's killed the boss has done this though, so the ring is entirely irrelevant to it.

2: Beating P2 before the fourth wrought. Fourth wrought has Allure happening a second after last hit of wrought, meaning you need to be moving during beam fixates (and a new wave of adds+deathcaller spawns in between the wrought casts, giving you more stuff to clean). They did *not* beat the wrought, meaning the ring made absolutely no difference for them in P2; They slowed dps to get a proper transistion.

3: Beating P3 before the dance+infernals+conduits (fifth eles) spawn at the same time. They killed the boss, but only after all 4 infernals, conduits and dance was over (just burned the boss and ignore), didn't blow up etc though.

In general, their rings might JUST have saved them from doing the last set of infernals in P3 instead of burning the boss (and truthfully, if you survive the onslaught of Marks into dance into conduits+infernals spawning at once, the boss has nothing left to throw at you for 20 secs meaning you'll kill that wave anyway if your raid doesn't blow up). Nothing more; P1 and P2 gains are irrelevant.

Hard part of the fight is finding out what works for your raid really. How to best deal with the shackles, what players can do allures, where to place allures so people can get healing without shackles overlapping, tuning your DPS to meet the criteria you need (beat XXX mechanic without pushing TOO fast because then suddenly a deathcaller is way too high on HP, or you pushed before the first burst in P1 etc), and of course every single ability in P3 being a huge "personal responsibility"-check. P3 is by far the hardest.
    wat... ring is absolutely HUGE for this fight. Without it you would have to almost guarenteed lust in p1, sac a tank to a deathcaller to make the dps check into p3 and get another wave of infernals at least in p3 which makes the fight a lot more difficult, also you seem to completely exclude the healing ring which helps a lot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    I dissagree on this entirely, I don't think there is a guild out there who wiped the most in p3 or anywhere close to. The hardest part of this fight is getting to p3 with no deaths so you can use your combat rez on the source of chaos tank. The difference it makes only having to do one (or non altho I don't see the big gain of skipping the first) is stupidly big and thats where the difficulty really comes from. P2 dps requierement with rings is stupidly simple, we struggled ourselfs week one getting to p3 while skipping the fourth lasers which after rings was simple to achieve.

I think that since we hit P3, 50% of our wipes has been in P3; Sure, it took like 80 tries to get there so we still have more P1/2 wipes than P3 at the moment, but with that said, I count the neccessarity for battle resses in P3's difficulty, not in P1/2's. Either you get a perfect P1/2 and P3 becomes relatively easy, or you end up wasting the resses and P3 becomes intense as fuck because you have to kill 3 of 4 sources (bress comming up again after third source). Either way, the difficulty / imbalance lies in P3 because of the need for resses, not P1/2.

Generally I think the source despawning is bullshit - I'd much rather have had Archi stay at 40% hp (why does it make sense that he regens to 50% again?), effectively losing 39M hp, and have the sources re-fixate onto the other tank if the first tank dies, forcing melee deaths or wipes if not handled correctly and killed. Net gain would be the same (sources have 9.5M hp each, archi loses 39M hp), except you aren't dependant on sacrificing your tank 3-4 times. Phase would overall be slightly easier (as you hit execute quicker and have the combat resses up for stupid errors), but you'd actually have to deal with the sources rather than get a "breathing room" when they come.

Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    wat... ring is absolutely HUGE for this fight. Without it you would have to almost guarenteed lust in p1, sac a tank to a deathcaller to make the dps check into p3 and get another wave of infernals at least in p3 which makes the fight a lot more difficult, also you seem to completely exclude the healing ring which helps a lot as well.
    I have no clue what the healers are doing with the healing ring. I tank/DPS atm.
    But my entire point is, most of the things that the ring helps you skip, HiJ didn't actually skip; they still did the fourth wrought in P2 despite having rings, and as for lusting in P1, sure, but then they'd have it up again aswell for end of P3 anyway (their first kill was 10:23 minutes, without rings it'd almost surely be 10:40+ and have killed the elementals rather than ignoring and burning), and they still did the fifth elemental spawn with no raidwide fuckups. So as I stated, once again: The only thing it looks like the ring really changed (DPS wise) for their guild is that they could burn Archi instead of switch to the elementals, then get 20 seconds of free dps on archi before next thing happened.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2015-09-11 at 02:00 PM.

I think that since we hit P3, 50% of our wipes has been in P3; Sure, it took like 80 tries to get there so we still have more P1/2 wipes than P3 at the moment, but with that said, I count the neccessarity for battle resses in P3's difficulty, not in P1/2's. Either you get a perfect P1/2 and P3 becomes relatively easy, or you end up wasting the resses and P3 becomes intense as fuck because you have to kill 3 of 4 sources (bress comming up again after third source). Either way, the difficulty / imbalance lies in P3 because of the need for resses, not P1/2.

Generally I think the source despawning is bullshit - I'd much rather have had Archi stay at 40% hp (why does it make sense that he regens to 50% again?), effectively losing 39M hp, and have the sources re-fixate onto the other tank if the first tank dies, forcing melee deaths or wipes if not handled correctly and killed. Net gain would be the same (sources have 9.5M hp each, archi loses 39M hp), except you aren't dependant on sacrificing your tank 3-4 times. Phase would overall be slightly easier (as you hit execute quicker and have the combat resses up for stupid errors), but you'd actually have to deal with the sources rather than get a "breathing room" when they come.
    I don't disagree thats its stupid but it is what it is. The infernal nerf will be huge aswell so I don't think many guilds still struggle in phase 3 for very long.

Deleted
    How many rings did you have on the kill?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    I don't disagree thats its stupid but it is what it is. The infernal nerf will be huge aswell so I don't think many guilds still struggle in phase 3 for very long.
    not sure how much difference infernal heal cd will make a difference, since they take longer to move apart than 3 seconds anyway - It only affects you if youre nuking one down and another spawns on it while its on half health or something along those lines. you still have to spread them really quickly with grip or hunter trap or they will heal - I know we had issues with it on progress that if they spawned close together then it was almost always a wipe.

edit: didnt look at poster and turns out you are my guild leader

Quote Originally Posted by Crawmerax View Post
    not sure how much difference infernal heal cd will make a difference, since they take longer to move apart than 3 seconds anyway - It only affects you if youre nuking one down and another spawns on it while its on half health or something along those lines. you still have to spread them really quickly with grip or hunter trap or they will heal - I know we had issues with it on progress that if they spawned close together then it was almost always a wipe.

Gonna help for when some idiot overzealous warlock shadowfuries one with another one spawning next to it (yes we had one go off like that) =P.

Hi Craw. There spawn period is equal to the 3seconds, I think it will be bigger then you think, mainly because all the random damage will not just be healed till they are spread, ya they will still heal but for less then they do now which gives free damage. It wont let you mess up the spreading but it will give them less effective health on bad spawns.

Lool Craw you twat

Deleted

o craw you so cray cray

It's very easy to die on this fight. Getting into phase 3 with 2 brezes up is actually super important as the dps check in phase 3 was still pretty tight if you wanted to skip the 5th set of infernals. I think the phase we wiped the most in was phase 2 as it was insanely easy to die there. As for why we didn't beat 4th set of lasers / allure, not sure. We extended the week we killed it so we lost out on that weeks gear, but we were confident we would kill it anyways that week and didn't want to get screwed with wasting 2 day son farm if manno decided to be a disaster. We actually had very few wipes to wrought/allure 4, the hardest part of phase 2 for us was wrought 3. With 2 mages doing allure 4 and using all raid CDs to not die to overlapped lasers it was pretty simple.
    Last edited by CausalXXLinkXx; 2015-09-13 at 11:25 AM.