Number of WoW accounts

I realize that there are way more WoW accounts than ff14 accounts, but I wanted to do some statistical calculations. Does anyone know where I could find the number of nontrial wow accounts created per year along excluding Chinese numbers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcbound View Post
    I realize that there are way more WoW accounts than ff14 accounts, but I wanted to do some statistical calculations. Does anyone know where I could find the number of nontrial wow accounts created per year along excluding Chinese numbers?
    They have announced about a year and a half ago that they reached 100 million accounts... It does include trial accounts, but excluding those, FF14 is still not even close really, which really makes sense considering WoW had 12 million active subs at it's peak, so taking that into account and all the years counted - I am sure there is at least 30 million accounts that were active and paid for the box over these years and that is a modest estimate.

Here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/123...ers-28-01-2014
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2015-08-30 at 08:07 AM.

Right, I know that, what I am trying to calculate is growth in paid accounts, price paid per account etc.

Blizzard do not release that information.

Right, I know that, what I am trying to calculate is growth in paid accounts, price paid per account etc.
    In recent studies of 2013 and 2014, FF did not even make the top 10 of on line revenue games.

Number 10 both times reached far over 100 million dollars on a yearly basis. Even Hearthstone made that list only 6 months after it was launched officialy (Sep 2014).

To all those stating HS launched in Mar 2014 but was already available in beta before that: yeah but it didn't reach 20 million in beta nor was it launched on every smart phone either... far from it even.

Tldr: It is ONE thing to add up accounts, ( in the end you will reach trillion accounts ), the fact FF did not reach ANY LIST of revenue done by rather experienced study buros means so much more.

Not in its re-launching year, not in the year follow up, and I very much doubt it will make that list this year as the retention rates always drop after the second year.

This is not saying anything about good or bad, this is just saying that your study is not going anyway WHERE IT COUNTS: hard €€€€€ signs.

The only thing that counts is active money coming in these days as this is the fact that keep things going.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2015-08-30 at 08:32 AM.

Deleted
    If you count all people that had an account and quit or got banned then yeah, 100 million accounts is plausible.
    There are still unmerged wow accounts on sale afaik, even so many years after it became mandatory to merge it with battle net account.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    If you count all people that had an account and quit or got banned then yeah, 100 million accounts is plausible.
    There are still unmerged wow accounts on sale afaik, even so many years after it became mandatory to merge it with battle net account.
    Well it's not "Plausible" it's just fact, More than 100million now even:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Actually, it is more than plausible. It became a fact when it was announced that Blizzard had over 100.000.000 registered accounts.

Oh, and it isn't mandatory to merge accounts.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    You usually find that most copies WoW sold was around 14 million total (basic game, used to be vanilla now its this budle thingie). This number gives you much better perpective when compering playerbases. You cant play most mmorpgs without buying the game so there you go

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    You usually find that most copies WoW sold was around 14 million total (basic game, used to be vanilla now its this budle thingie). This number gives you much better perpective when compering playerbases. You cant play most mmorpgs without buying the game so there you go
    They don't pay for the game nor expansions in the Asian market. The bulk of the player base must be from those regions as everytime they lose millions of players they say it is from the East. I guess no one could play there anymore and they are all from the West now. Blizzard will never tell.

Deleted
    You can find all the numbers in official world of warcraft site

excluding Chinese numbers?
    Why would you exclude Chinese numbers? Are they subhumans in your opinion, or what?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Blizzard keeps that information under wraps. Keep in mind that the actual number of subscriptions is a bit of a game. Game time cards (and likely game time tokens) are treated as different subscriptions until they are actually applied to an account. This means that the number of real accounts with active subscriptions is typically about 15% to 20% lower than what is reported (e.g. the current 5.6 million subs reported results in around 4.5 million real, paid subscription accounts).

The financial reports ( http://investor.activision.com/sec.cfm ) would be the best you are going to get to, and you'll have to do some math and a lot of estimates regarding how the numbers break down since they bundle all on-line activities into a single line item, making calculating real, paid subscription accounts extremely difficult lately with money coming in from Hearthstone, Diablo III RMT, HotS, and an increased emphasis on WoW store items.