Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Do they ban the use of achievement exploits?

I yesterday caught 5 or 6 linking fake curves (it was their own character that "did it" but their armory didn't have it). I reported it via right click->cheating but I don't know if they do anything.

Deleted
    That add-on has been around for quite some time now. Would be banned by blizzard if they considered it cheating.

Of course not, why would they ban for something as silly as that?

Deleted
    Demand creates supply.

Because how fucked up LFG is (demanding curve for NORMAL mode clears) this addon is very useful in order to skip these ridiculous hoops.
    Instead of whiteknighting and going on some kind of crusade, consider changing your overinflated requirements. You get what you deserve, just like everyone in LFG demanding this ach for quick alt runs aiming to clear a few bosses.

Reason why people say they're checking armory for it usually :P

Armoury check, sorted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I yesterday caught 5 or 6 linking fake curves (it was their own character that "did it" but their armory didn't have it). I reported it via right click->cheating but I don't know if they do anything.
    No, they wont do anything... Why? because its not cheating... its not an exploit...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Be sure to check their actual achievements and not their progress on the main page of their armory, because they will always differ if they killed it with their mains. Like my alts have all the mythic achievements from my main, but 0 kills and when I link the achievement it will show up as my alt "earned" it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it the "Underachiever" addon we're talking about?
    im cool pls respodn

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Demand creates supply.

Because how fucked up LFG is (demanding curve for NORMAL mode clears) this addon is very useful in order to skip these ridiculous hoops.
    Instead of whiteknighting and going on some kind of crusade, consider changing your overinflated requirements. You get what you deserve, just like everyone in LFG demanding this ach for quick alt runs aiming to clear a few bosses.
    Pretty much this, sums it up pretty well. If you want to gear up an alt and your guild doesn't do alt runs you're out of luck, either you don't have ilvl (more than group leader has is required to get an inv) or you don't have curve, or you have it but "it needs to be on this character" /declined.

Requiring curve (= heroic Archimonde) for a normal hfc where everything is 3-5 times easier than heroic Archimonde is a tremendous overkill, plus doesn't help at all to filter people who know tactics from those who just got carried, bought a boost, or had friends in raiding teams that let them tag along for the kill.

Plus pug community is horrendous, I tried once to join a pug @killrogg normal with my hunter, we wiped because tanks miscommunicated who picks the adds, they apologized and said they'll fix it next try, but already we had people spamming "retard group", half of them left and leader just disbanded the group. If pugs weren't "it's either one shot run or retard group /ragequit" maybe pugging wouldn't be the worst experience wow has to offer just after lfr.

I tried to pug kazzak last Wednesday on a 680 ilvl alt and got declined from 5-6 groups that weren't full only to finally find one with auto-invite. Seriously 680 not enough for Kazzak?
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2015-08-30 at 11:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    This Topic again, well hier goes:

There are only two tings forbidden in WoW in this category.

#1) Profession services. (For example, if a player takes crafting materials from a customer then loggs off, GM will return the items)

#2) Itemstealing/Ninja-Looting with Master Loot if the RaidLeader specifically announced otherwise in the Raid Chat.

Evarthing(!) else is allowed.
    How about OP's case, someone lying about Achievments and linking fake ones? It is neither #1 nor #2 and so it is allowed.

Note, however,
    While these players have a right to free speech, they have no right to consequence-free speech. What I like doing is taking a Screenshot of them linking fake achievments as well as their armory to send them to their GuildMasters when they find a Raiding Guild after some months or years
    that'll show 'em!

Note, however,
    While these players have a right to free speech, they have no right to consequence-free speech. What I like doing is taking a Screenshot of them linking fake achievments as well as their armory to send them to their GuildMasters when they find a Raiding Guild after some months or years.
    That's really pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    This Topic again, well hier goes:

There are only two tings forbidden in WoW in this category.

#1) Profession services. (For example, if a player takes crafting materials from a customer then loggs off, GM will return the items)

#2) Itemstealing/Ninja-Looting with Master Loot if the RaidLeader specifically announced otherwise in the Raid Chat.

Evarthing(!) else is allowed.
    How about OP's case, someone lying about Achievments and linking fake ones? It is neither #1 nor #2 and so it is allowed.

Note, however,
    While these players have a right to free speech, they have no right to consequence-free speech. What I like doing is taking a Screenshot of them linking fake achievments as well as their armory to send them to their GuildMasters when they find a Raiding Guild after some months or years.

why would you post this drivel as fact?

Deleted
    Demand creates supply.

dude, why do you think the lfg always turns out like this? Because lazy ass people try everything to join a raid without contributing anything. I do pug raids all the time and spend much time on building them and after manye experiences with players who did not know tactics, did not know how to play their class etc etc I simply dont want to waste hours of MY time. Its their problem and their behaviour let to all this, so if they are not fine with how most pug clear grps work...they should do their own raids. but yeah, that demands a bit of effort, so that wont happen. Instead lets try to fake achievements with addons.

I rather spend 30 minutes more armory-checking my raidmembers, instead of getting into a wipefest because 2-3 players dont know their shit.

Note, however,
    Thats probably one of the more pathetic things I've heard of. I'm a GM and if one of my guildies did it I really wouldn't care.

Just to add something, to all you LFG leaders out there...

When armoring someone to check their progress on a certain boss, use the sites progress bars on the main characters page and not at the achivs/fos page...

It has made my life miserable during SoO...

My paladin (main):

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...achievement#81

My noob Hunter (lvl 80):

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...achievement#81

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    Guys. Jesus. I just said I checked their armory, so obviously, I know there is a way to check it manually because I always do it!

This is about making it faster to form groups.

Also if you cheat you do not deserve invites.

- - - Updated - - -

this addon is very useful in order to skip these ridiculous hoops.

It's cheating and a lie. You do not deserve an invite. You deserve a right click -> report for cheating.

If you can't handle a group's rules don't join it, don't try to violate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Not bannable, I got it confirmed from a GM and the forums before using it myself.

The best part is it got me my normal Archimonde kill, woo hoo!
    Last edited by Aeula; 2015-08-30 at 02:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    its not an exploit...

"It's not an exploit?" Of course it's an exploit. You link YOUR NAME with an "achevement" that is absolutely fake. They do not link someone else's achievement or something else abstract, they consciously fake the game subsystem to lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post

It's cheating and a lie. You do not deserve an invite. You deserve a right click -> report for cheating.
    wich wont do a single shit about it.